Police ban gay pride march in Serbia that Christian Orthodox church opposed

Full story: Prince George Citizen

In this Sunday, Oct. 10, 2010 file photo, Serbian riot police gather to protect a gay pride parade as it moves along a street in Belgrade, Serbia.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sram vas bilo svrbi

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Serbia is a fasco-communist police state.
nas dragi azdejkovic umro

Attard, Malta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

fasco communist hahahahaahaha

Does something like that even exist dumb albanian retard?

Your education, IQ and way of expression on forums are equal to those in countries like micronesia
Banovic

Slovenia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

the albanian from canada is angry because Serbs dont like "gay pride" parades

hehehehehehehehehehe
sram vas bilo svrbi

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Stop talking to yourself :)
PointofReason

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

This isn't about being pro-gay or anti-gay.
It is about freedom of speech.
Franco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Way to go Serbia !!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

sram vas bilo svrbi wrote:
Serbia is a fasco-communist police state.
What you aren't upset that they just banned you from marching on the streets, expressing your homosexuality, now are you. Anyway the state has nothing personal against you. Maybe Pristina or Western Europe will be a better destination, or better yet try one of those muslim middle-eastern states I'm sure they'll love it. I think Serbs would rather live in a police state than a failed state.
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Karavashk wrote:
<quoted text>
What you aren't upset that they just banned you from marching on the streets, expressing your homosexuality, now are you. Anyway the state has nothing personal against you. Maybe Pristina or Western Europe will be a better destination, or better yet try one of those muslim middle-eastern states I'm sure they'll love it. I think Serbs would rather live in a police state than a failed state.
What about the gay Orthodox nishops of Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

should be bishops and not nishops. Typographical error.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

What? Christians are violent hateful knuckle draggers?
Such a shock.
Karolcik

Sliema, Malta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Serbonazis wrote:
should be bishops and not nishops. Typographical error.
The only error is in your brain and you being born in general. You as a sp....ozoid should've been c..m pissed on some tree instead of being ejaculated in some poor woman's pinky
PointofReason

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Karavashk wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you like it if Serbia banned you from marching on the streets expressing your homophobia instead?

If they can ban one, they can ban the other, and yes I know some Europeans countries have done that and I disagree with that too.

I don't care if pedophiles are marching in the streets demanding rights to molest children. I would vehemently disagree that they should have those rights they are protesting for, but as Voltaire said:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Freedom of speech is Freedom of speech. People should be allowed to say what they want even if it's absurd. If someone wants to protest in favor of legalizing murder or that everyone ought to be forced by law to stand upside on their heads every sunday, or what ever strange and bizarre political belief a person has they should have the right to speak and protest for that belief.

And at the end of the day we all have the freedom to ignore them or to rebut their points with our own speech if we feel it is worth it. Government is force. And imposing force against speech just makes it look like the government doesn't really have a leg to stand on and so is resorting to repression because they're afraid the opposition will persuade the public. Are you really that insecure about your beliefs that you feel you have to suppress the opposition?
Karolcik

Sliema, Malta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

poofties are free to express their sick way of life, but in private. Don't go on the streets provoking people and Church as well.
Just Wrong

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

PointofReason wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you like it if Serbia banned you from marching on the streets expressing your homophobia instead?
If they can ban one, they can ban the other, and yes I know some Europeans countries have done that and I disagree with that too.
I don't care if pedophiles are marching in the streets demanding rights to molest children. I would vehemently disagree that they should have those rights they are protesting for, but as Voltaire said:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Freedom of speech is Freedom of speech. People should be allowed to say what they want even if it's absurd. If someone wants to protest in favor of legalizing murder or that everyone ought to be forced by law to stand upside on their heads every sunday, or what ever strange and bizarre political belief a person has they should have the right to speak and protest for that belief.
And at the end of the day we all have the freedom to ignore them or to rebut their points with our own speech if we feel it is worth it. Government is force. And imposing force against speech just makes it look like the government doesn't really have a leg to stand on and so is resorting to repression because they're afraid the opposition will persuade the public. Are you really that insecure about your beliefs that you feel you have to suppress the opposition?
U poof

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

PointofReason wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether I am a homophobe or not is my business, its not something that I should go marching on the street about, similarly so is homosexuality if people are homosexuals, that doesn't mean they have to express it to the whole world. They don't have to march on the streets shouting "I am Gay, Gay is me, Proud Gay am I, you should be one too".

And I love what you say about total freedom of speech whatever the person may say, but even this type of freedom of speech does not exist in western countries. Try saying something against Jews in public, march down the street while shouting "Kill the Jews" or "Jews suck" or something less offensive "Jews run our country" (Not endorsing the comments, just using them as an example) you'll be labeled as anti-Semitist and thrown in jail, no freedom of speech there. Thats why in my opinion there are responsibilities to every right and freedom, there are some things which are better not to be said because they offend people (like the movie insulting Muhammad). I believe in a state there should be a level of government control and restriction of freedom, because total freedom and lack of any control leads to anarchy which leads to a failed state like Somalia which has absolutely no government control.
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Karavashk wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether I am a homophobe or not is my business, its not something that I should go marching on the street about, similarly so is homosexuality if people are homosexuals, that doesn't mean they have to express it to the whole world. They don't have to march on the streets shouting "I am Gay, Gay is me, Proud Gay am I, you should be one too".
And I love what you say about total freedom of speech whatever the person may say, but even this type of freedom of speech does not exist in western countries. Try saying something against Jews in public, march down the street while shouting "Kill the Jews" or "Jews suck" or something less offensive "Jews run our country" (Not endorsing the comments, just using them as an example) you'll be labeled as anti-Semitist and thrown in jail, no freedom of speech there. Thats why in my opinion there are responsibilities to every right and freedom, there are some things which are better not to be said because they offend people (like the movie insulting Muhammad). I believe in a state there should be a level of government control and restriction of freedom, because total freedom and lack of any control leads to anarchy which leads to a failed state like Somalia which has absolutely no government control.
No children in Gayservia

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Just Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
U poof
Oh, good come back...

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Karavashk wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to do much besides eat and breathe.
Karavashk wrote:
And I love what you say about total freedom of speech whatever the person may say, but even this type of freedom of speech does not exist in western countries. Try saying something against Jews in public, march down the street while shouting "Kill the Jews" or "Jews suck" or something less offensive "Jews run our country" (Not endorsing the comments, just using them as an example) you'll be labeled as anti-Semitist and thrown in jail, no freedom of speech there.
Not in the US.
Karavashk wrote:
Thats why in my opinion there are responsibilities to every right and freedom, there are some things which are better not to be said because they offend people (like the movie insulting Muhammad). I believe in a state there should be a level of government control and restriction of freedom, because total freedom and lack of any control leads to anarchy which leads to a failed state like Somalia which has absolutely no government control.
I really doubt gay pride parades will lead to total anarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to do much besides eat and breathe.
<quoted text>
Not in the US.
<quoted text>
I really doubt gay pride parades will lead to total anarchy.
Not just the US but any western country, even if you criticize an individual who is a Jew, and it is obvious that the criticism had nothing to do with him being a Jew you will still be labeled as anti-semitic, some freedom of speech.

Gay parades won't lead to total anarchy, but the my comment was a response to someone who basically said that if a government exercises control over the state it is oppression, and I responded by telling him that there has to be a level of government control and restriction of freedom or else it will lead to total anarchy.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Karavashk wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the US but any western country, even if you criticize an individual who is a Jew, and it is obvious that the criticism had nothing to do with him being a Jew you will still be labeled as anti-semitic, some freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech goes both ways. People can say things against Jewish people, and other people can call them anti-semitic.
Karavashk wrote:
Gay parades won't lead to total anarchy, but the my comment was a response to someone who basically said that if a government exercises control over the state it is oppression, and I responded by telling him that there has to be a level of government control and restriction of freedom or else it will lead to total anarchy.
OK

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of78
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••