New version of 'Don't Say Gay' bill filed in Tenn.

There are 62 comments on the Washington Examiner story from Feb 4, 2013, titled New version of 'Don't Say Gay' bill filed in Tenn.. In it, Washington Examiner reports that:

A bill that proposes forcing schools to tell parents if their children have talked to a teacher or counselor about being gay has set the stage for a new fight over social issues in the Tennessee Legislature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Examiner.

straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#22 Feb 4, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. We're not going ANYWHERE.
just like your agenda...

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#23 Feb 4, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
Nothing quite as brilliant as a bunch of uneducated christian hillbillies. Of course it's the same state where a guy got rid of his dog because he thought it was gay. Does anyone in Tennessee have an IQ over 40?
no

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#24 Feb 4, 2013
The Rogue wrote:
I'm all for a theory that queers even exist, simply ignore them. Maybe if I throw a stick they'll go away or at least back into their dark closet. Anyway, teachers need not waste precious time on presenting this sick subject to children. It appears that they're having a hard enough time with the 3 - R's. Besides, whoever learned about sex from a book? And I don't mean Playboy!
Based on the displays of intellect on here, I would rather these "queers" be out and about, and you "normal" people be in the dark, dank, caves you create and out of sight. At least gay people think.
Happy Anniversary

Pittsfield, MA

#25 Feb 4, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say RETARDED?
Everytime I see you post.
Happy Anniversary

Pittsfield, MA

#26 Feb 4, 2013
They fund the retards that promote you mona dodo.
Happy Anniversary

Pittsfield, MA

#27 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the displays of intellect on here, I would rather these "queers" be out and about, and you "normal" people be in the dark, dank, caves you create and out of sight. At least gay people think.
Just be sure and leave your kiddies outside so you can 'normalize' them, right kitty?
[sic]
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#28 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
At least gay people think.
Yes, yes......I have no argument there. It's just that they (you) think of the wrong habits and the wrong reasons for wanting to live that kind of lowly life. Maybe I should have worded it that you don't think deep enough. But I'm sure it does get "deep" up there in Seattle and the deeper you reach the stink gets worse.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#29 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Anniversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Just be sure and leave your kiddies outside so you can 'normalize' them, right kitty?
[sic]
No one has really had to do much to get your kids to see the errors of your bigoted ways, ironically. Just allowing you to post your complete nonsense and baseless bigotry on here has shown them that being anti-gay is akin to being a complete and total idiot.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#30 Feb 4, 2013
Worldwide, hetero AIDS patients outnumber gay ones 4 to 1.

It is not a mental illness. And no, it wasn't considered one for "centuries" because codification of mental illness didn't even begin until the 19th century. Even then, homosexuality was not agreed-upon as a mental illness. When the DSM was complied, it was added on "moral" grounds more than any established pathology--the main reason it was removed in the 1970's.

Rental discrimination is illegal in most places. Hopefully you'll get sued for breaking the law and lose your property.
Find Help wrote:
All gays are good for is spreading AIDS.
It is a MENTAL ILLNESS and was considered that for centuries until they got political power.
I own rental property and ONLY RENT TO NORMAL, MARRIED CHRISTIAN couples!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#31 Feb 4, 2013
The teachers are doing just fine with the three r's--it's your inbred spawn that don't have the capacity to learn who have the problem.

It's clear you never learned anything from a book. Any book.

And don't worry, sweetheart--we're not going away, ever. No closets for us. Deal with it.
The Rogue wrote:
I'm all for a theory that queers even exist, simply ignore them. Maybe if I throw a stick they'll go away or at least back into their dark closet. Anyway, teachers need not waste precious time on presenting this sick subject to children. It appears that they're having a hard enough time with the 3 - R's. Besides, whoever learned about sex from a book? And I don't mean Playboy!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#32 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Anniversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime I see you post.
My posts remind you that you are uneducated AND unteachable? Good.
Quest

Woodford, VA

#33 Feb 4, 2013
Parent Rights wrote:
Schools have NO BUSINESS telling kids that gay is "normal" when that violates Christian teachings.
S....
Being gay IS perfectly normal for some kids, and christian teachings really aren't relevant.

And I hope you are aware that many Christian denominations have no problems with gay folks, either out in the secular population, or in their own pews.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#34 Feb 4, 2013
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes......I have no argument there. It's just that they (you) think of the wrong habits and the wrong reasons for wanting to live that kind of lowly life. Maybe I should have worded it that you don't think deep enough. But I'm sure it does get "deep" up there in Seattle and the deeper you reach the stink gets worse.
maybe you should stop breeding with your sisterwife fucktard... your gene pool is getting stagnet
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#35 Feb 5, 2013
cpeter1313.........I'm sure you know by now that you just wasted a lot of time, effort and space!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#36 Feb 5, 2013
I could never waste as much space as your existence does.
The Rogue wrote:
cpeter1313.........I'm sure you know by now that you just wasted a lot of time, effort and space!
Hate Perversion

Jackson, TN

#37 Feb 5, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay IS perfectly normal for some kids, and christian teachings really aren't relevant.
And I hope you are aware that many Christian denominations have no problems with gay folks, either out in the secular population, or in their own pews.
Having sex with your own gender is as "natural" as having sex with a dog or your brother or sister! After all, we can't JUDGE "dog lovers" can we?

Gays are MENTALLY ILL.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#38 Feb 5, 2013
Since homosexuality exists in over a thousand species, including our own, it definitely IS natural.
Hate Perversion wrote:
<quoted text>
Having sex with your own gender is as "natural" as having sex with a dog or your brother or sister! After all, we can't JUDGE "dog lovers" can we?
Gays are MENTALLY ILL.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#39 Feb 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Since homosexuality exists in over a thousand species, including our own, it definitely IS natural.
<quoted text>
But more importantly, it's FUN !

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#40 Feb 5, 2013
Well, that goes without saying...:)
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
But more importantly, it's FUN !
:)
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#41 Feb 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I could never waste as much space as your existence does.
<quoted text>
You're pretty well a waste of good oxygen yourself but since you have no clue between right and wrong, clean or filthy, high grade or scum, true love or cheap desires, etc., that evaluation will mean nothing to you. But I've accepted you for the above now slither back into the closet from whence you came! You have nothing decent to offer society, period!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 min Rev Wall 33,088
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 6 min Rosa_Winkel 1,379
News Ireland same-sex marriage 15 min Rosa_Winkel 39
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 31 min Rosa_Winkel 59,897
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 41 min Dana Robertson 3,712
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 1 hr NorCal Native 150
News Video of London Muslim 'Patrol' Harassing Gay M... (Jan '13) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 18
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr NorCal Native 5,644
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 3 hr Willie Boy Was Here 9
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr GayleWood 21,534
More from around the web