Gay couples marry for first time in E...

Gay couples marry for first time in England

There are 14 comments on the Yahoo! story from Mar 30, 2014, titled Gay couples marry for first time in England. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

Gay couples across England and Wales said "I do" Saturday as a law authorising same-sex marriage came into effect at midnight, the final stage in a long fight for equality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Mar 30, 2014
Oh well, lgbt couples get to be as tacky as str8 ones....

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Mar 30, 2014
Fundies R Mentally illin wrote:
Oh well, lgbt couples get to be as tacky as str8 ones....
yep, wedding planners will be rubbing their hands together

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Mar 30, 2014
Do they have better teeth than the average Englishman?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 30, 2014
C'mon Scotland !!!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Do they have better teeth than the average Englishman?
When my spouse inherited a house in England we began to travel there more frequently, and two things really astounded me. One was the poor condition of the teeth of so many Englishmen. We formed a circle of gay friends in Brighton, and it was very obvious when we went to or held social gatherings that their dental habits were lacking.. The second was when I was told by a couple of them that Americans bathed too frequently. When I asked, I was told that once a week is plenty. I highly doubt that I would be happy searching out sexual partners there for those reasons. I'm kind of like a raccoon, in that I like things washed before I put them in my mouth.
Murphy

New York, NY

#6 Mar 31, 2014
Sounds like English [email protected] arw some nasty ass mother lovers.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Mar 31, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
When my spouse inherited a house in England we began to travel there more frequently, and two things really astounded me. One was the poor condition of the teeth of so many Englishmen. We formed a circle of gay friends in Brighton, and it was very obvious when we went to or held social gatherings that their dental habits were lacking.. The second was when I was told by a couple of them that Americans bathed too frequently. When I asked, I was told that once a week is plenty. I highly doubt that I would be happy searching out sexual partners there for those reasons. I'm kind of like a raccoon, in that I like things washed before I put them in my mouth.
I observed the same thing. It's a combination of genetics & dental hygiene.

As for showering, once a week (max) is actually the norm just about everywhere except the U.S. That's why toilet water was developed in the first place- to cover up the stink. There is actually a bit of medical science which backs up the belief that Americans shower TOO much. Our bodies have natural surface bacteria for a reason, and constantly washing it off can actually be detrimental to your health.

That said, I think I'll risk it and keep showering daily!

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#8 Mar 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As for showering, once a week (max) is actually the norm just about everywhere except the U.S. That's why toilet water was developed in the first place- to cover up the stink. There is actually a bit of medical science which backs up the belief that Americans shower TOO much. Our bodies have natural surface bacteria for a reason, and constantly washing it off can actually be detrimental to your health.
Me too.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Mar 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That, and two world wars with a depression in between.

In the UK, rationing didn't end until well into the 1950s.

The result?

Twiggy chic.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10 Mar 31, 2014
you're all mad!
we shower daily, and floss! you're thinking of the vast quanties of tea drunk, yellows the teeth.
Fundies R Mentally Nil

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Mar 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As for showering, once a week (max) is actually the norm just about everywhere except the U.S.
I wonder if the typical US diet makes us smell worse, though. As the Western diet spreads it will be interesting to see if other peoples get as uptight about showering one or two times a day.

I doubt many industrialized countries have well off populations who shower only once a week. Maybe twice a week with strategic swipes in between in the most lax cases.

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Mar 31, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Nil wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the typical US diet makes us smell worse, though. As the Western diet spreads it will be interesting to see if other peoples get as uptight about showering one or two times a day.
I doubt many industrialized countries have well off populations who shower only once a week. Maybe twice a week with strategic swipes in between in the most lax cases.
According to my nose, most Europeans & Asians & Africans etc smell pretty ripe regardless of what diet they're eating.

Bidets are common in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, etc specifically because they don't shower that often and need to wash the funk out of their nethra yayeh.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#13 Mar 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
According to my nose, most Europeans & Asians & Africans etc smell pretty ripe regardless of what diet they're eating.
Bidets are common in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, etc specifically because they don't shower that often and need to wash the funk out of their nethra yayeh.
Way too much information.
Roscoe

New York, NY

#14 Mar 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're most likely smelling your upper lip. You're disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CEO's bonus cut 25% for his anti-gay, sexist ti... 6 min Hudson712 3
News Senate hopeful Roy Moore: gay sex is the 'same ... 59 min Ms Sassy 4
News Michigan sued after gay couples are rejected fo... 2 hr bohart 32
News Former Australian prime minister says he was he... 2 hr Pat Robertson s F... 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr cpeter1313 9,905
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 4 hr General Zod 662
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 5 hr EdmondWA 24
News Arizona Supreme Court says gays get equal paren... 5 hr Robert 26
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 6 hr EdmondWA 63
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr River Tam 56,047
More from around the web