Gay couples denied marriage licenses ...

Gay couples denied marriage licenses in S.Carolina

There are 36 comments on the WTOC-TV Savannah story from Jul 31, 2014, titled Gay couples denied marriage licenses in S.Carolina. In it, WTOC-TV Savannah reports that:

The couples had expected their requests would be rejected Wednesday in Greenville County because the state's ban on gay marriage still stands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOC-TV Savannah.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 31, 2014
So the state is willing to let gay couples live in sin? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you! Oh, the shame of it!
Abe

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jul 31, 2014
Way to go South Carolina!!!

Location hidden

#3 Jul 31, 2014
Abe wrote:
Way to go South Carolina!!!
There's a way for you to go too, Abe. Bring burn medication.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Jul 31, 2014
The clock is ticking on South Carolina's ban.

Federal district court judge JM Childs (an Obama appointee) is certain to rule rather quickly now that the ban is unconstitutional, following the 4th circuit precedent.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#5 Jul 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
The clock is ticking on South Carolina's ban.
Federal district court judge JM Childs (an Obama appointee) is certain to rule rather quickly now that the ban is unconstitutional, following the 4th circuit precedent.
True, your bound to find a liberal judge by Monday to over turn state law..........on their own. Happens all the time.....until November.

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Jul 31, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>True, your bound to find a liberal judge by Monday to over turn state law..........on their own. Happens all the time.....until November.
Oh poor little Jimbo, so wrong so often.

Conservative as well as liberal judges have all been overturning these state marriage bans.

And just how is that going to change in November?

Location hidden

#8 Jul 31, 2014
Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
And they're all on the Gay Agenda payroll.
Good for them. They believe in justice.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Jul 31, 2014
Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
And they're all on the Gay Agenda payroll.
Really? I've been supporting the "gay agenda" for decades and I've never received a paycheck yet.
U r the people

Tempe, AZ

#10 Jul 31, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
So the state is willing to let gay couples live in sin? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you! Oh, the shame of it!
;) dont ask & dont tell, Just do it!! and Y u shame of what?;)
Deo Vindice

Sacramento, CA

#11 Aug 1, 2014
S, Carolina still has morals to uphold.

I suppose that homosexual activists will sue the State for 93 BILLION dollars now. for violating the homosexual couples' rights.

Don't normal people have any rights, the Right not to accept deviant behavior?

FYI.....
Homosexual activists are lobbying democRATS to lower the age for consensual sex down to thirteen (13).

Parents will need to keep a close eye on their children, especially at play grounds, boys and girls clubs, at public swimming pools,
AND public schools !!!!
Myrtle Beach

Beverly, MA

#12 Aug 1, 2014
Most people, homosexual or heterosexual, are not going to be in favor of a consent law lowered to age 13. And I could not find anywhere anyone advocating that.

Currently, most states is 16, and to me that is still too young.

I would prefer 18, but because some states allow kids to get married at an age younger than that, I suppose there was too much room for legal issues.

First, the fact that homosexuals wish to have marriage as an option is commendable. That means that they take their relationships responsibly and wish to be held to a high standard.

Heterosexuals have ruined the idea of marriage and made it a sham. If homosexuals do a better job, they have my blessing.

South Carolina upholding morals is laughable. Have you been to Myrtle Beach lately? The place is disgusting. Filled with lots of preteens wearing almost nothing and belly button piercings, tattoos, etc.

If South Carolina wants to be "moral" they would set a dress code for the public on Myrtle Beach. As it is now, it is about the trashiest, tasteless cesspool of the worst kind of tourists imaginable. And the parents who let their teenagers act like playboy models and playboys on the main strip are the ones who's morals should be questioned.

And any homosexual with good taste will avoid that tacky, timeshare hell like the plague.

There is nothing normal about South Carolina, and the heterosexuals that prowl Myrtle Beach have no morals.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13 Aug 1, 2014
Deo Vindice wrote:
I suppose that homosexual activists will sue the State for 93 BILLION dollars now. for violating the homosexual couples' rights.
Why is marriage immoral and deviant? Don't you teach kids that these are GOOD things?

Well, the gay kids have been listening right along with their straight siblings. If you want gay folks to stop valuing marriage and family life, you will need to teach ALL kids to stop valuing these things.

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Aug 1, 2014
Deo Vindice wrote:
FYI.....
Homosexual activists are lobbying democRATS to lower the age for consensual sex down to thirteen (13).
Parents will need to keep a close eye on their children, especially at play grounds, boys and girls clubs, at public swimming pools,
AND public schools !!!!
Blah, blah, blah.....

More of the same lame demonization of gays & lesbians.

How has that worked for you anti-gays lately?

Keep up the good work you moron. Every time one of you idiots spew such nonsensical rhetoric it actually HELPS us by showing just how irrational and hysterical the opposition to marriage equality has become.

Paris

#15 Aug 1, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor little Jimbo, so wrong so often.
Conservative as well as liberal judges have all been overturning these state marriage bans.
And just how is that going to change in November?
How many of your 20 states came from a vote of the people and not a liberal judge overturning states rights. You can use your toes.

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Aug 1, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>How many of your 20 states came from a vote of the people and not a liberal judge overturning states rights. You can use your toes.
Only 9 states were by judicial rulings, the other 11 were either by popular vote or legislative vote.

How is any of that going to change in Nov?

Paris

#17 Aug 1, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 9 states were by judicial rulings, the other 11 were either by popular vote or legislative vote.
How is any of that going to change in Nov?
It's not, just proving a point. You really have eleven states that (cough) made civil unions marriage by changing the definition or the constitution of the state. Legal or illegal, it don't matter to liberals.

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Aug 1, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It's not, just proving a point. You really have eleven states that (cough) made civil unions marriage by changing the definition or the constitution of the state. Legal or illegal, it don't matter to liberals.
So your point is you don't realize that the judiciary is a vital part of our legal system.

Thanks for making your ignorance clear once again.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#20 Aug 1, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So your point is you don't realize that the judiciary is a vital part of our legal system.
You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, you couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions printed on the heel. You are a canker, an open wound. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You took your last vacation in the Islets of Langerhans.
You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, and a weasel. I take that back; you are a festering pustule on a weasel's rump. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. You are a technicolor yawn. And did I mention that you smell?
You are a squeaking rat, a mistake of nature and a heavy-metal bagpipe player. You were not born. You were hatched into an unwilling world that rejects the likes of you. You didn't crawl out of a normal egg, either, but rather a mutant maggot egg rejected by an evil scientist as being below his low standards. Your alleged parents abandoned you at birth and then died of shame in recognition of what they had done to an unsuspecting world. They were a bit late.
Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it ever so much more rapidly. If cluelessness were crude oil, your scalp would be crawling with caribou.
You are a thick-headed trog. I have seen skeet with more sense than you have. You are a few bricks short of a full load, a few cards short of a full deck, a few bytes short of a full core dump, and a few chromosomes short of a full human. Worse than that, you top-post. God created houseflies, cockroaches, maggots, mosquitos, fleas, ticks, slugs, leeches, and intestinal parasites, then he lowered his standards and made you. I take it back; God didn't make you. You are Satan's spawn. You are Evil beyond comprehension, half-living in the slough of despair. You are the entropy which will claim us all. You are a green-nostriled, crossed eyed, hairy-livered, goisher kopf, inbred trout-defiler. You make Ebola look good.
You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. You are not ANSI compliant and your markup doesn't validate. You have a couple of address lines shorted together. You should be promoted to Engineering Manager.
Do you really expect your delusional and incoherent ramblings to be read? Everyone plonked you long ago. Do you fantasize that your tantrums and conniption fits could possibly be worth the $0.000000001 worth of electricity used to send them? Your life is one big W.O.M.B.A.T., and your future doesn't look promising either. We need to trace your bloodline and terminate all siblings and cousins in order to cleanse humanity of your polluted genes. The good news is that no normal human would ever mate with you, so we won't have to go into the sewers in search of your git.
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a loathsome disease, a drooling inbred cross-eyed toesucker. You make Quakers shout and strike Pentecostals silent.
A Whole Lot of Lickalotta

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Aug 1, 2014
Myrtle Beach wrote:
Most people, homosexual or heterosexual, are not going to be in favor of a consent law lowered to age 13. And I could not find anywhere anyone advocating that.
Currently, most states is 16, and to me that is still too young.
I would prefer 18, but because some states allow kids to get married at an age younger than that, I suppose there was too much room for legal issues.
First, the fact that homosexuals wish to have marriage as an option is commendable. That means that they take their relationships responsibly and wish to be held to a high standard.
Heterosexuals have ruined the idea of marriage and made it a sham. If homosexuals do a better job, they have my blessing.
South Carolina upholding morals is laughable. Have you been to Myrtle Beach lately? The place is disgusting. Filled with lots of preteens wearing almost nothing and belly button piercings, tattoos, etc.
If South Carolina wants to be "moral" they would set a dress code for the public on Myrtle Beach. As it is now, it is about the trashiest, tasteless cesspool of the worst kind of tourists imaginable. And the parents who let their teenagers act like playboy models and playboys on the main strip are the ones who's morals should be questioned.
And any homosexual with good taste will avoid that tacky, timeshare hell like the plague.
There is nothing normal about South Carolina, and the heterosexuals that prowl Myrtle Beach have no morals.
Thanks for this vital info
Myrtle Beach will be standing room only for the rest of the season

Tawas City, Michigan

#22 Aug 1, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
(hissy-fit deleted)
Poor Frankie, why so mad bro?

Keep it up; hopefully you'll have a stroke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 11 min Ottis 14
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 13 min Lawrence Wolf 83
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 24 min Frankie Rizzo 16,024
News Not 'old white guys' - Shriners to ride in Calg... 40 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 4
Jadester and Mandingo Thread 1 hr Homer 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 38,813
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 1 hr Jackson 10
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr Bruce Chee 68,969
More from around the web