63 Former Wash. State Catholic Priest...

63 Former Wash. State Catholic Priests Support Marriage Equality

There are 33 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 9, 2012, titled 63 Former Wash. State Catholic Priests Support Marriage Equality. In it, EDGE reports that:

On Thursday, a group of 63 Roman Catholic priests will announce their support for marriage equality in Washington State, the Seattle Post- Intelligencer reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#1 Oct 9, 2012
"Former" ???
truth

Perth, Australia

#3 Oct 10, 2012
noooooooooooooooooo
evil satanic policy
http://www.google.com.au/search...
truth

Perth, Australia

#4 Oct 10, 2012
satanic law
&no redirect=1
truth

Perth, Australia

#5 Oct 10, 2012

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#6 Oct 10, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
"Former" ???
I had the same question in my mind. Not a very informative article, so far as the "former" priests are concerned.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Oct 10, 2012
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the same question in my mind. Not a very informative article, so far as the "former" priests are concerned.
"Former", as in they are no longer active priests but once were.

In the words of Joe Biden, this is a BIG f-ing deal! Active priests are subject to Canon law are can be disciplined for going against the church. Once they leave the priesthood they are free to speak out against the teachings of the church.

Many have left the priesthood because of disagreements with the church over birth control, marriage for priests, and gay rights. We've also seen the nuns who have been censured by the pope for speaking out as well.

Most significantly, 60 of these 63 former priests are married heterosexuals.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#8 Oct 10, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
"Former", as in they are no longer active priests but once were.
In the words of Joe Biden, this is a BIG f-ing deal! Active priests are subject to Canon law are can be disciplined for going against the church. Once they leave the priesthood they are free to speak out against the teachings of the church.
Many have left the priesthood because of disagreements with the church over birth control, marriage for priests, and gay rights. We've also seen the nuns who have been censured by the pope for speaking out as well.
Most significantly, 60 of these 63 former priests are married heterosexuals.
I did get that, but from the headline one would think that they were not former priests, but rather former Wash. state priests, but still in the priesthood. A significant difference.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#9 Oct 10, 2012
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I did get that, but from the headline one would think that they were not former priests, but rather former Wash. state priests, but still in the priesthood. A significant difference.
I'm more inclined to agree with your interpretation.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Oct 10, 2012
If you're still confused, just read the article. It's pretty clear they are ex-priests, NOT ex-Washingtonians.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#11 Oct 10, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
If you're still confused, just read the article. It's pretty clear they are ex-priests, NOT ex-Washingtonians.
If that is the case, then the word "Former" is misplaced in the headline. It should read " 63 Wash. State Catholic Former Priests Support Marriage Equality".

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Oct 10, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the case, then the word "Former" is misplaced in the headline. It should read " 63 Wash. State Catholic Former Priests Support Marriage Equality".
Oh big f-ing deal!

Bitch at the author about it if your too f-ing stupid to read the article and figure it out!

No wonder people think gays are just a bunch of bitchy old queens! Thanks for living up to the stereotype.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#13 Oct 10, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh big f-ing deal!
Bitch at the author about it if your too f-ing stupid to read the article and figure it out!
No wonder people think gays are just a bunch of bitchy old queens! Thanks for living up to the stereotype.
Good grammer is VERY important ! And this poorly written headline shows the terrible misunderstandings that can arise when a writer and editor apparently have no idea what the rules of grammer are !

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#14 Oct 10, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grammer is VERY important ! And this poorly written headline shows the terrible misunderstandings that can arise when a writer and editor apparently have no idea what the rules of grammer are !
"Good grammar is very important. This poorly written headline....."

I fixed the 2nd sentence for you. More grammatically correct than your version.

BTW it's spelled g-r-a-m-m-A-r. not E-r

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Oct 10, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grammer is VERY important ! And this poorly written headline shows the terrible misunderstandings that can arise when a writer and editor apparently have no idea what the rules of grammer are !
"Terrible misunderstandings"?

Really??

"Terrible"??

Yep, you definitely put the DRAMA in drama queen.......
Junior E

El Segundo, CA

#16 Oct 10, 2012
Satan knows that the Roman Catholic Church is his greatest enemy.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#17 Oct 10, 2012
Junior E wrote:
Satan knows that the Roman Catholic Church is his greatest enemy.
Which is why they carry insurance to protect child molestors!
Junior E

El Segundo, CA

#18 Oct 10, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why they carry insurance to protect child molestors!
The insurance is not to protect the child molesters. The insurance is to protect the RCC from being bankrupted by the actions of the child molesters sent by Satan to bankrupt the church.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#19 Oct 10, 2012
Junior E wrote:
<quoted text>
The insurance is not to protect the child molesters. The insurance is to protect the RCC from being bankrupted by the actions of the child molesters sent by Satan to bankrupt the church.
So it's main focus isn't on saving children but saving money.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Oct 10, 2012
Junior E wrote:
Satan knows that the Roman Catholic Church is his greatest enemy.
Satan? You mean the guy in the Rome with the pointy hat who wears a dress??

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Oct 10, 2012
Junior E wrote:
<quoted text>
The insurance is not to protect the child molesters. The insurance is to protect the RCC from being bankrupted by the actions of the child molesters sent by Satan to bankrupt the church.
The RCC ARE the child molestors, and the biggest one of all is that Nazi piece of crap squatting in the Vatican!!

I wonder how many boys the pope has butthumped over the years?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 28 min Rose_NoHo 1,251
News Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adults 39 min Rose_NoHo 60
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 53 min Rose_NoHo 1,826
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr Brian_G 5,895
News How is it that cake became a favourite platform... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 8
News Danbury church's rainbow flag burned 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 11
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 2 hr tongangodz 6,669
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 24,138
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 8,192
More from around the web