3 arrested over Calif. city's LGBT...

3 arrested over Calif. city's LGBT...

There are 4 comments on the 590ktie.com story from Jul 17, 2013, titled 3 arrested over Calif. city's LGBT.... In it, 590ktie.com reports that:

Police in the Central California town of Porterville say they arrested three people protesting the city council's decision to rescind a proclamation declaring June lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender pride month.Porterville Police Department spokesman Dominic Barteau said the protesters were arrested at the city council meeting on Tuesday ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 590ktie.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 17, 2013
This story should have been covered when it happened.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#2 Jul 18, 2013
snyper wrote:
This story should have been covered when it happened.
It has been covered by media both here in Porterville and from Fresno, about 75 miles away. In many ways we have been in the fight since the City Council became the ONLY 1 in the State to pass a "Resolution" in support of Prop H8.

"The struggle continues"

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#3 Jul 18, 2013
jcofe wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been covered by media both here in Porterville and from Fresno, about 75 miles away. In many ways we have been in the fight since the City Council became the ONLY 1 in the State to pass a "Resolution" in support of Prop H8.
"The struggle continues"
I knew I'd see a comment from you!

I have a history in Porterville. My parents owned a cabin above Springville, up on the Balch Park Road, and I spent many a weekend or longer, in that area. I got to know Porterville quite well, but it's been a LONG time since I have been up there.

I hope those hillbillies are not affecting you guys!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 18, 2013
jcofe wrote:
<quoted text>
"The struggle continues"
I must have missed it.

The locals could have gotten help from some of the bigger communities to make a REAL ruckus at the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 5 min 10 gold plate_ 32... 6,571
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 6 min Gaybriel 799
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 12 min Rose_NoHo 1,185
News Homosexual 'Acts' shock students, bring awareness (Nov '08) 17 min Open thou mind 157
News Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adults 23 min Buford 66
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 29 min elh 1,742
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 33 min Benny 68,583
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 35 min NorCal Native 8,112
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 830
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Wondering 24,092
More from around the web