Gay in Uganda means life imprisonment...

Gay in Uganda means life imprisonment under new law

There are 14 comments on the CBC News story from Dec 20, 2013, titled Gay in Uganda means life imprisonment under new law. In it, CBC News reports that:

The bill drew wide condemnation when it was first introduced in 2010 and included the death penalty, but that was removed from the revised version passed by parliament.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Dec 20, 2013
for all you who agree with this hate law, are FREE TO MOVE THERE AT ANY TIME!!!!!!!
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#2 Dec 20, 2013
disgusted american wrote:
for all you who agree with this hate law, are FREE TO MOVE THERE AT ANY TIME!!!!!!!
The antigay (who don't currently live in these countries) will never, never, never, never, never move to them.

Watch their actions, not their words.

They make pretense of adoring these countries for passing these laws, but they will

never,

never,

never

move to them.

That speaks volumes that are priceless, to be quite frank.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 20, 2013
AADAZ3DD3

Execute.
Harold

Mountain View, CA

#4 Dec 20, 2013
Go Uganda go!!!

WOO HOO!!!

ILOVE IT!!!
Harold

Mountain View, CA

#5 Dec 20, 2013
I love hearing abuot countries that give queers what they deserve!!!
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#6 Dec 20, 2013
We need to understand that Uganda, like so many of its neighbors, is still in the throes of political evolution as a society. They have a long way to go before they are cultivated and mature enough to be fully admitted to the club of fully functioning nations. Plus, in their innocence, they have become easy prey for fast-talking American preachermen, all of whom have led them backwards. Parts of America have fallen prey to this as well and have been trying to move this country toward the rear. I'm not forgiving them, rather trying to understand them. Uganda 2013 is America 1613.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Dec 20, 2013
At this rate; Uganda will have more people living free in jail than they have taxpayers running loose
Is this an efficient use of US Foreign Aid?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Dec 20, 2013
Harold wrote:
Free apartment; free food; free cable tv and internet; gay roommate; free clothes; safely tucked away from violence and poverty in the streets; all paid for by homophobic ignoramuses using US Foreign Aid that YOU help pay for......
WHAT a deal!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Dec 20, 2013
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
The important thing is that they are properly dealing with queers.
YES! The gay people will be partying down in substantial buildings with indoor plumbing at taxpayer expense; while the homophobes in the streets still tote water jugs on their heads and live in tents flapping in the breeze
WHAT a deal!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Dec 20, 2013
Harold wrote:
Go Uganda go!!!
WOO HOO!!!
ILOVE IT!!!
We KNOW why you like it; my dear homophobe
In Uganda; 'going' means pooping in the street
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#12 Dec 20, 2013
What's so important -- and Sir Andrew highlights this, although my focus and wording are different -- is that this "victory" is so Pyrrhic. Look at what the antigay celebrate: a backwards nation whose primitive response to such an issues speaks volumes on the world stage.

Nothing about America or other educated nations changes.

Nothing about the battle for gay rights in America changes.

Instead, the antigay engage in the cant of "celebrating" the so-called "victory" of a nation they wouldn't be caught dead moving to.

The *REAL* celebration is New Mexico's court victory, and other court victories in America which are 100% bound to follow in the years to come.
david traversa

Parana, Argentina

#14 Dec 20, 2013
These severe punishments for homosexuality were always disregarded in past centuries ; for the simple reason that too many important personages ( like King James Ist ) would have spent their lives in jail . That was the case of he who was considered the greatest genius of the age , Francis Bacon , who strode both Tudor and Stuart England . It will be mostly disregarded in Uganda and for the same reason , be sure of that .
Rambeaux

Berwyn, PA

#16 Dec 21, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Free apartment; free food; free cable tv and internet; gay roommate; free clothes; safely tucked away from violence and poverty in the streets; all paid for by homophobic ignoramuses using US Foreign Aid that YOU help pay for......
WHAT a deal!!
Comparing a Ugandan prison to an American penal institution is idiotic and laughable.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Dec 21, 2013
Harold wrote:
Why just HEAR about it ?

We'd be glad to paint you pink and toss you in, then you can give a first hand report.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min Truth 44,955
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 30 min guest 1,044
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 50 min X-ray72 24,747
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 13,035
News Gay groups seek to buy NYC church known for hat... (Feb '16) 2 hr WasteWater 21
News Missouri bill would limit transgender school ba... 3 hr Shoney 2
My Aunts funeral and what I should or shouldn't... 3 hr Shoney 3
More from around the web