Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222713 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
correction.. not god, any gods
We donít target any specific god, out of millions of gods, or families of gods or other manifestations man has made up, we donít believe in the existence of any of them.
It isnít only Christianity, its Islam, or volcano worship, or historical deities in the past, or new ones presented by the new religions. There are currently several billions of different gods that are believed in today, we donít believe in any of them, nor do we put one above any other.
Atheists also have a tendency to laugh at Astrology, Numerology, palm reading, etc
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222714 Oct 28, 2013
Number 9 wrote:
Is your number 9 fired with wood, coal or fuel oil?
High proof whiskey!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222715 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
correction.. not god, any gods
We donít target any specific god, out of millions of gods, or families of gods or other manifestations man has made up, we donít believe in the existence of any of them.
It isnít only Christianity, its Islam, or volcano worship, or historical deities in the past, or new ones presented by the new religions. There are currently several billions of different gods that are believed in today, we donít believe in any of them, nor do we put one above any other.
Atheists also have a tendency to laugh at Astrology, Numerology, palm reading, etc
And we have a tendency to laugh at you.

YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times.
Sam

London, KY

#222716 Oct 28, 2013
Actually, Same-sex-marriage is not a sin!. Sex between married people is overlooked by God. God pays no attention to the sex ( no matter how deviant ) committed between married people, for example, married heterosexuals all time have anal and oral sex and I don't see how homosexuality differes from this!!!.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222717 Oct 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never said it wasn't. My point was about how people use religion to show it's violence when as you agreed with the angry atheist, it's the person.
Religion has been the cause of more murder and destruction throughout history than any other cause.

Followed by Bigotry ( often in conjunction with religion )

Followed by geographical nationalism ( often in conjunction with religion and bigotry )

The 3 plagues of mankind

There is a reason people are less and less tolerant of any of the three

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#222718 Oct 28, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't believe in "nothing". And they certainly don't say they believe in "nothing". They simply don't believe in God.
Exactly, it's an anti-God religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222719 Oct 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, it's an anti-God religion.
It takes the same amount of faith to be sure there is no God as it does to be sure there is a God. Big D is among the very faithful. Me, not so much.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222720 Oct 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, it's an anti-God religion.
Wrong, you have a faith, I do not

I donít think there are any gods, but that is a mere belief, nothing special.

There are a lot of things I merely believe, but I would never put a belief over facts

That is not a religion, putting beliefs in front of actual facts is a religion.
Number 9

Azusa, CA

#222721 Oct 28, 2013
Is your number 9 fired with wood, coal or fuel oil, does it have an afterburner?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222722 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of things I merely believe, but I would never put a belief over facts
It takes the same amount of faith to be sure there is no God as it does to be sure there is a God. You are among the very faithful. Me, not so much.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222723 Oct 28, 2013
Number 9 wrote:
Is your number 9 fired with wood, coal or fuel oil, does it have an afterburner?
Top shelf whiskey!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222724 Oct 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes the same amount of faith to be sure there is no God as it does to be sure there is a God. You are among the very faithful. Me, not so much.
You donít understand the words enough to be in this conversation.

Faith, is belief over fact, that is not what I have

I donít have a faith, I have a mere belief,

The reason you faithful believers cannot comprehend is you elevate belief ahead of fact, you turn your beliefs into a faith.

I donít have a faith, and belief is just a puny thing not supported by facts and easily overturned by facts.

I believe I will have coffee tomorrow morning, but if I donít my entire world is not overturned

Calling that a religion is just stupid

When a person thinks the world is only 4,000 or 6,000 years old regardless of the mountains of facts showing otherwise, that is a belief blinded to the level of a faith, the putting of a desire ahead of actual facts.

There is currently no reason, no evidence to support any of the billions of gods man has and does believe in.

But calling that is religion is disingenuous, you are trying to drag facts down to the level of a mere belief.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222725 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith, is belief over fact, that is not what I have
I donít have a faith, I have a mere belief,
The reason you faithful believers cannot comprehend is you elevate belief ahead of fact, you turn your beliefs into a faith.
I donít have a faith, and belief is just a puny thing not supported by facts and easily overturned by facts.
I believe I will have coffee tomorrow morning, but if I donít my entire world is not overturned
Calling that a religion is just stupid
When a person thinks the world is only 4,000 or 6,000 years old regardless of the mountains of facts showing otherwise, that is a belief blinded to the level of a faith, the putting of a desire ahead of actual facts.
There is currently no reason, no evidence to support any of the billions of gods man has and does believe in.
But calling that is religion is disingenuous, you are trying to drag facts down to the level of a mere belief.
You have a lot of faith in your beliefs. Don't tell me that you do not in a long rambling idiotic post. You are arguing against yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222726 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D can't explain it to me because I don't understand. Priceless.
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#222727 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have a faith, I have a mere belief...
Pure semantics...!

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is...."
-Bill Clinton
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222728 Oct 28, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just no one is insulting each other!
Is that so bad?
lol ...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222729 Oct 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot of faith in your beliefs. Don't tell me that you do not in a long rambling idiotic post. You are arguing against yourself.
Not at all, I might have tea instead, I believe I might have coffee, but I like tea as well.

You just donít understand the words enough to be in this or any conversation.

Facts are not a matter of belief, I would never ever let a mere belief get in the way of my understanding a fact.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222730 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...You just donít understand the words enough to be in this or any conversation.
The moronic Big D said, in our conversation.

Elk Grove, CA

#222731 Oct 28, 2013
TWP wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure semantics...!
"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is...."
-Bill Clinton
Best post of the morning. Right on!

Elk Grove, CA

#222732 Oct 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have enough faith to be an atheist. it would be quite a leap of faith to believe that nothing put it there. And it would be far more reasonable to believe that something must have put it there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 4 min WeTheSheeple 89
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 5 min WasteWater 135
University of California to add a gender-neutra... 6 min Sneaky Pete 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min HOLME 50,018
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 9 min WeTheSheeple 281
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 12 min Pietro Armando 971
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min The_Box 3,467
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 25 min Frankie Rizzo 2,239
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 55 min KiMare 990
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 2 hr Wondering 97

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE