Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201845 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207394 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, VV, I did show you lied.
That's why you are gay twirling stupidly.
Please... Show me where I lied.

This should be rich.
Santa Rosa Native

Sonoma, CA

#207395 Aug 5, 2013
God is not your friend, he is your master. God cannot be your friend while he governs and espies everything you do, have done, think of doing, want to do, have seen done and done nothing about, dreamt of doing or are going to do without regard to his teaching. This is because he knows how the carpet is woven, how many and what steps you will take and with whom those steps will be taken and against whom and with what result each step of each of us will cause to come about. There is nothing you can do but hope and pray that what is written is going to happen to you, which is known by the holy father alone, is going to seem good to you as it is done to you and you bear forth the fruit of it happening as it is written. There is no escape. We should not want to escape from the grnad plan or to know more than we are given to know. Such knowing would be false knowledge and is of no greater worth than the filth of the birds let forth upon the barren soil in wind. There are no excuses, no alternatives, no rewards...what will be is what is going to be and you are not given stewardship, your feeling of your place is not asked, you are as an inked sign brushed in an unknown ancient hand drying in the wind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207396 Aug 5, 2013
Santa Rosa Native wrote:
God is not your friend, he is your master. God cannot be your friend while he governs and espies everything you do, have done, think of doing, want to do, have seen done and done nothing about, dreamt of doing or are going to do without regard to his teaching. This is because he knows how the carpet is woven, how many and what steps you will take and with whom those steps will be taken and against whom and with what result each step of each of us will cause to come about. There is nothing you can do but hope and pray that what is written is going to happen to you, which is known by the holy father alone, is going to seem good to you as it is done to you and you bear forth the fruit of it happening as it is written. There is no escape. We should not want to escape from the grnad plan or to know more than we are given to know. Such knowing would be false knowledge and is of no greater worth than the filth of the birds let forth upon the barren soil in wind. There are no excuses, no alternatives, no rewards...what will be is what is going to be and you are not given stewardship, your feeling of your place is not asked, you are as an inked sign brushed in an unknown ancient hand drying in the wind.
God knew a googolplexed eternity ago that you'd never be able to make a paragraph.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207397 Aug 5, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, that would be the Pentupcaustics.
Granted, they're all wound pretty tight, but I base first hand knowledge. my family is infested with know-it-all CoC'ers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#207398 Aug 5, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text> I'm guessing Rainbow skittles get the crap taste out of your mouth. Eh?
I wouldn't know..I put shyte in the toilet, not my mouth. This must be a trick you have tried!?!
Cowboy Dan

Sacramento, CA

#207399 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for responding to my comments. I hope that you will look for the Truth because someday you will have to face our Creator and tell him that you did not want Him in your life and personally, I would not want to be in your shoes at that time. He is here to help you and if more people out there would just take a good look at His Beautiful Creation that he created for all of us to enjoy, maybe, just maybe, you will find Him. May you look to Christ while he may be found, for someday when He returns, it will be too late. I really am not writing to argue, for you cannot argue about God anyway. I believe "GOD SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT."
Hey ther woman, im living here near bye, you really think you told em? why don't we meet sometime, im real lonely, you can do that god stuff on me and you know what i mean. let em hollar darling suzanne! Cowboy Dan at her service!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207401 Aug 5, 2013
Cowboy Dan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey ther woman, im living here near bye, you really think you told em? why don't we meet sometime, im real lonely, you can do that god stuff on me and you know what i mean. let em hollar darling suzanne! Cowboy Dan at her service!
Yeah, give her some of that Song of Solomon stuff. Gives the old ladies the vapors.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Limericks

Monrovia, CA

#207402 Aug 5, 2013
Never fear the 200,000 limit is near, lime-rock
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207403 Aug 5, 2013
Limericks wrote:
Never fear the 200,000 limit is near, lime-rock
Obsess much, Emo?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207404 Aug 5, 2013
Cop Watch wrote:
Brett Seacat, a former police officer charged with killing his wife and setting their Kansas home on fire in April 2011.
Ex-Kansas cop accused of killing wife.
Former cops gone bad.
My guess, lately, is that some of these so-called "renegade" cops are cops who might have beans to spill, and are being "neutralized" by the press. Demonize them, hunt and kill them and no-one will ever know what they might have said. I've been wondering that a lot, lately. How many are like Eric Snowden, but never got the chance to give out damning info?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207405 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, there is no state interest in children being raise by a married mother and father. Fully 40% of births in the US are to out of wedlock parents. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unmarry.htm
If these state did have an interest in this, as you assert, they would force those who have children out of wedlock to marry, they would prevent divorce in cases where children were present, and they would prevent adoption. Yet, none of these conditions is true.
Simply put, your assertion is so much BS.
Of course, you're full of shit. Look at your statistics, and look at our crumbling society. Examine the "cause and effect" phenomenon. D-oohhh.... It's your drivel that is so much BS. You're getting your treats and are ignoring the cost to the rest of us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207406 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The desired situation is for there to be fewer children. The world is overpopulated as it is.
A very large minority of children are born out of wedlock
Your desired situation, is not either reality, or law, just your desire.
You can have all the desires you want, but when your desire is to deny equal rights to others, the answer is... no.
As opposed to a small majority?
The corporate tool has returned to work. Anti-American trolling.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207407 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dopey joke. Wouldn't work that way. Big D would dictate it's height to be whatever he wanted it to be and attempt to force Pietro and Frankie to accept it.
But....What if Frankie and Pietro don't like what Big D is telling them? What if they don't have any way to lay it down? What if they .....Oh, must we always do what D orders us to?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#207408 Aug 5, 2013
Cowboy Dan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey ther woman, im living here near bye, you really think you told em? why don't we meet sometime, im real lonely, you can do that god stuff on me and you know what i mean. let em hollar darling suzanne! Cowboy Dan at her service!
If you are trying to offend me, as I said before, it will not work because Christ is on my side. I have been married 55 years and God has kept us together. I am sorry that you must not have a relationship with our creator. You are turning evil for good and good for evil and you are not alone because that is the way our nation is going, so we do know that Christ is coming soon. I do not know who you are, but God does and if I was you, I would be very careful who you are talking to because someone is listening to you. As far as the Church, my husband and I do not attend any Church building and that is another subject that most of this forum probably do not know what you are talking about. The word Church comes from a greek word meaning "Called Out" and it is not a building, for God does not dwell in buildings made with hands. We have a ministry to help others and do not take any offerings. Jesus loves you and has a plan for your life and unless you make Him your Lord and Savior, you will be lost forever. The Bible says that when the end is near of which we are in the end times, we as the "Called Out" which is the Body of Believers in Jesus (Yeshua), that we will be persecuted and that is what I expected on this forum, so this is no surprise that you are acting this way. Unless you respond with Scripture, I will not address you anymore. I only listen to what God says in Scripture for I follow Christ and his word daily. If your name is Dan, you will be in our prayers for forgiveness and asking Christ to come into your life, so that you can have a better life and have more constructive conversations on this forum.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207409 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And when the clerk told him miscarriages don't have wheels, he had the clerk fired.
Did y'all hear on the news, that in Chicago, a clerk got beaten up by a guy with a baseball bat, because the clerk informed him that the store didn't a XXX wifebeater shirt? True story. Bet it was D, gone all weekend. Hey, D how was Chicago?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/18/ch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207410 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have the law on your side, and you are allowed in our children’s schools, while KiMare is banned from the same.
Don’t let the moron upset you, KiMare's opinions nothing but whining from a loser.
Be proud. Religion and spirituality outlawed. Potential pederasts allowed. "Sure, come on in!!!"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207411 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have the law on your side, and you are allowed in our children’s schools, while KiMare is banned from the same.
Don’t let the moron upset you, KiMare's opinions nothing but whining from a loser.
Aside from my joke...
School sponsored/mandated prayer is illegal in public schools. However, religion itself is not--nor is prayer in and of itself. If a student or group of students want to pray, the school can't stop them. Doing so would violate their First, Ninth, and 14th Amendment rights.
If a student wants to read the Bible or hold a Bible study/discussion outside of class, it is allowed.
Learning the historical and/or philosophical influences of religion as part of a lesson would also be allowable.
And Stephen T, you're wrong. The First Amendment not only prohibits state sponsorship of religion, it also prohibits government interference with religion. If I want to pray on the steps of the Capitol Building, it is my constitutionally protected right to do so.
If I am in a state run and funded hospital, I can have a priest come in and conduct services for me.
I can practice my religious beliefs--or lack of them--anywhere I choose, in private or in public, provided of course that doing so does not unreasonably infringe on the rights of others or create a "public nuisance" (such as running through downtown naked).
"Separation of church and state"--which does NOT appear ANYWHERE in the Constitution--means just what it says: religion and the state are separate. The "state" can not create a religion and mandate its practice, nor can the state prevent the practice of religion.
Seriously, how much more clear can it get than "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "?
*Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof*.
Public schools can not legally *force* students to pray, but they also can not legally *prevent* students from praying outside of class--or even in class if it doesn't interfere. They are forbidden from doing both by the First Amendment.

So, quit thundering about YET MORE of your bullshit. It's getting tiresome...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207412 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are trying to offend me, as I said before, it will not work because Christ is on my side. I have been married 55 years and God has kept us together. I am sorry that you must not have a relationship with our creator. You are turning evil for good and good for evil and you are not alone because that is the way our nation is going, so we do know that Christ is coming soon. I do not know who you are, but God does and if I was you, I would be very careful who you are talking to because someone is listening to you. As far as the Church, my husband and I do not attend any Church building and that is another subject that most of this forum probably do not know what you are talking about. The word Church comes from a greek word meaning "Called Out" and it is not a building, for God does not dwell in buildings made with hands. We have a ministry to help others and do not take any offerings. Jesus loves you and has a plan for your life and unless you make Him your Lord and Savior, you will be lost forever. The Bible says that when the end is near of which we are in the end times, we as the "Called Out" which is the Body of Believers in Jesus (Yeshua), that we will be persecuted and that is what I expected on this forum, so this is no surprise that you are acting this way. Unless you respond with Scripture, I will not address you anymore. I only listen to what God says in Scripture for I follow Christ and his word daily. If your name is Dan, you will be in our prayers for forgiveness and asking Christ to come into your life, so that you can have a better life and have more constructive conversations on this forum.
Shaddup with that "Big Brother is gonna get you" shit that your kind has brainwashed children with.

Scumbag cultist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207413 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on every point
I don’t happen to be a homosexual
Millions of people use sex for sexual gratification every day, good luck changing that.
I have a lot to add, we need to continue to keep people like you away from our children.
I have not been denied anything, nor have my friends that do happen to be homosexual, and are married, legally, and recognized on the state and federal level.
It is you that are denied from coming to our children’s schools and preaching your hatred.
Keep your kids away from ours, we don't want our kids to catch your:
Bigotry.
Fundamentalism.
Intolerance.
Atheism.

Teach your kids at home, if you wish.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207414 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet you still don’t have a clue what this country is about?
I doubt your claim anyway, some of my relatives were involved in the American revolution, and a tiny few of them predate Europeans coming here in the first place.
My European ancestors chained yours up and dragged them here... Who do you think you're kidding?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 min Jonah1 1,998
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min Respect71 34,279
News Young, gay and male: Suicide survey spotlights ... 20 min here 15
News Nigeria's Anti-Gay Laws Keep Men From Seeking H... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 3
News Children of gay dads grow up well-adjusted 2 hr Belles Echoes 12
News 'Atheists, homosexuals and transgender individu... 2 hr Holy Silicon Wafer 8
News Grammy museums director wants repeal of Mississ... 2 hr Holy Silicon Wafer 4
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 hr June VanDerMark 9,794
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr here 10,683
More from around the web