Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,915)

Showing posts 178,281 - 178,300 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, enjoy it fruitloops it won't last.
That I would sue a bar for not having a wheelchair ramp. That's your schtick. Whining. Demanding. Typing 50,000 words a day then saying I post too much. Sh!t like that. You offend me.
Oh spare me your indignation.

If you don't like the playground, you're always welcome to take your marbles and go home.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
According to his publicly available profile on LinkedIn, Gregory Kirschmann (KiMare)went to the Rockford School of Theology. He was a driver at Heartland Express, Inc. He currently works at Creative Exteriors. I imagine that is somewhere near Dillsburg Pennsylvania, where he currently lives.
Wow! Are you ready for this? His interests include:

--Parliamentarian

--Egalitarian

--Gender authority

--Biblical truth

What planet does he live on? Egalitarian? Gender authority?

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen an exampled of delusional thought processes in my career. If he really believes that he "is" all of these things, then based on my nearly 3 years of dealing with him, I would have to say that he is an ill man.
Lstones

Trabuco Canyon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
Ha! The people's voice was ruled on by the US Supreme court when the decided that Corporations were people which allows Corporations to spend unlimited amounts of money pushing through their friendly candidates who pass laws only favourable to Corporations. You nor I can compete with that.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither was interracial marriage, Buford. What's your point?
Please, come back when you are paying attention...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
--Parliamentarian
--Egalitarian
--Gender authority
--Biblical truth
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen an exampled of delusional thought processes in my career. If he really believes that he "is" all of these things, then based on my nearly 3 years of dealing with him, I would have to say that he is an ill man.
What cowards you both are...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Being homosexual and immorality are two distinct things. I'm sure the Pope distinguishes between them. I also doubt he would okay calling ss couples married.
<quoted text>
You've seen my responses to those in that place.
You are not in that place.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know what place I'm in. All you know about me is what I share on the Internet. For all you know, I'm a straight woman who just comes here to stir Shinola.
You are right about being a liar, however, I know who you are, and enough to not trust one thing you say.

This being a case in hand.

The Pope was responding to a question about celibate homosexual priests. You were falsely attempting to portray the Pope as excusing immorality.

Busted again for lying and deception VV.

You are consistent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the truth of the matter is that he thinks of God as being "horrible" because of people like you. You're judgmental, egotistical, and you would lie to your own mother if you thought it would further your cause.
In all these years, I don't think I've ever once seen you present yourself in a way that reflects the Christ that's described in scripture.
You throw out fear and encourage animosity. You are divisive.
By the way, where did you go to school to learn about becoming a pastor?
After your previous post, what we know is not to trust anything you say.

Especially when it starts out with, "You know, the truth of the matter is..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
<quoted text>
The fruit of a ss couple; sterile, unproductive, arid, bare, barren, bleak, dead, desert, desolate, dry, effete, empty, fallow, fruitless, futile, gaunt, impotent, infecund, infertile, unfruitful, unprofitable, unprolific, vain, waste.
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your continuous posts about the importance of procreation, I think you diminish people by reducing them to "baby machines".
It's as though any other contributions that people may make to the planet are insignificant.
Married gay couples can offer so much to society other than baby making.
And where do you come off calling gay couples "impotent"? Maybe the gay men you've encountered couldn't "get it up" because of something you did. Do you have a lot of experience with impotent gay men? Where do you meet them? Does your wife know you're familiar with the potency problems of gay men?
Sucker!
First, based on your response to my post, you are simply a lying troll who reverts to ad homoan attacks when he has no honest reasoned response.

Second, I post numerous items about the breadth of marriage that ss couples don't equate to.

Third, evolution established hetero couples as 'baby machines'. My noting that fact, and your denial of it don't matter one iota.

Fourth, Big Dummy was exposed as a lying idiot. Another one defended him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a point in time when slavery was legal in the vast majority of the U.S.
Since there were so many places where slavery was legal, does that make slavery ethical?
"Might" seldom makes "right". Just because a majority believes that an activity is right or wrong, does not mean they are correct.
SS couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.

A mating behavior defect.

Clearly not the same.

The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the self acceptance to establish their own relational identity and legitimate rights?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe same sex marriage does not exist, why have you made over 14,000 posts on the topic? Sounds like a mental disorder to me.
Because I think denial and lies are harmful to a person, family and society at large.

You think that concern is a mental disorder.

You might seriously consider another person in this discussion for that diagnosis...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
They will be. Sorry you don't like that.
I'm looking at the minor list right now.

I still don't see ss couples being married. Even children can see the difference!

When a nation re-elects Obama, I'm not surprised there is such idiotic denial...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking at the minor list right now.
I still don't see ss couples being married. Even children can see the difference!
When a nation re-elects Obama, I'm not surprised there is such idiotic denial...
It is a fact whether you see it or not

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
--Parliamentarian
--Egalitarian
--Gender authority
--Biblical truth
Here we go again, joining gay trolls.

You are consistent VV.

You were saying something about 'ill men'???
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D lie #....Well, I've lost track. NOT "National recognition" at all. Recognized in a few. Your company playbook has you going off the deep end.
"More and more large companies are piling on" in spite of the fact that they have NO business engaing in politics and tiiping the scales through the manipulation of jobs and money. they are not in existence to control national policy.
"The pressure is on in every direction" from corporate entities that have no place doing so.
"a majority of voters favor same sex marriage" is a LIE! I have told you, you liar, that I can disporve what your little black book tells you to say. Why won't you answer my challenge? You know that you are lying and depending upon propagandist trollsites to further your lies. It is why you ignore my offer. Never once have you even addressed my offer. Even acknowledged it. We both know that you lie.
learn to read, I didn't say national recognition liar

I said federal recognition, which they have, every legally preformed same sex marriage is recognized legally on the federal level.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I think denial and lies are harmful to a person, family and society at large.
You think that concern is a mental disorder.
You might seriously consider another person in this discussion for that diagnosis...
Like your denial of the fact that same sex marriage is legal, happens every day, and recognized on both the state and federal level?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact whether you see it or not
Its a piece of paper.

Everyone knows reality smashes paper.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your denial of the fact that same sex marriage is legal, happens every day, and recognized on both the state and federal level?
I don't give a rip about an idiotic ruling.

I'm simply saying ss couples and marriage are not the same.

You have no counter for the distinctions I list, except to say that a court ruled against reality.

Okayyyy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about what the "founders" thought. I'm talking about a nearly 200 year period of time (from the colonists until the Emancipation Proclamation) when the majority of this country had legalized slavery.
Still....what is the point? Yes the country had legal slavery. Slavery wasn't new, it existed throughout human history in a various cultures.
I'm saying that the inhabitants of those states that continue to have DOMA laws written into the constitution are wrong. Don't think I can be any clearer.
You could've of stated that to begin with, although I think using slavery in regards to this issue is ridiculous.

Those various state DOMA law simply constitutionally defined a relationship that predates the existence of the Republic, long before "gay" and "lesbian" became political sexual identity labels.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a rip about an idiotic ruling.
I'm simply saying ss couples and marriage are not the same.
You have no counter for the distinctions I list, except to say that a court ruled against reality.
Okayyyy.
Yes you do, same sex couples re indeed married, whether you like it or not, whether you "see" it or not, whether you accept it or not.

The reality is they are married, a reality you cannot accept, so you deny reality.:)
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a piece of paper.
Everyone knows reality smashes paper.
Smirk.
so your marriage is nothing but a piece of paper, because without your piece of paper, you are not married either

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 178,281 - 178,300 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••