Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,341 - 176,360 of 200,325 Comments Last updated 41 min ago
AshutUp

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

The sound of another flappy jack hitting the floor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like believing in magic trees and talking snakes, a rib woman and a zombie guy with 2 dads
Or Obama.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Really, so who made you the judge of that? You say a lot of nonsense then always get caught in a lie. Seen it before.
I donít need to lie kiddo, I cannot be caught in one.

I have an opinion about a lot of things, but I leave actual "judging" to our flawed ( but better than most ) judicial system.

It takes them a while, sometimes a terribly long time, but the usually end up eventually doing the right thing, like they did with Prop 8 and DOMA
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
typo FKtard, you know what it is because you are one! figure it out there that should keep you bussy for the day
Relax fruit loops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, we are getting the story from and eye witness, everyone else is just speculating and so are you, YOU were NOT there so how can you say George is lying? you sound just like Travons family and friends who also were not there you dumb FK.... STFU It's time to get over it. RIP Trayvon
Looks like Jizzy doesn't like the court's decision on this one as much as he liked it on gay issues.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít need to lie kiddo, I cannot be caught in one.
I have an opinion about a lot of things, but I leave actual "judging" to our flawed ( but better than most ) judicial system.
It takes them a while, sometimes a terribly long time, but the usually end up eventually doing the right thing, like they did with Prop 8 and DOMA
LOL...you lie all the time here, been caught many times. Look: you just lied again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so true, fortunately they are in the decline.
Hate just does not sell as well as it used to.
You sell it pretty good against those despicable people who believe in God. And polygamists who "use polygamy to commit their crimes of child rape and welfare fraud."

You even insist your brand of hate against poly sells well with your "no one supports polygamy it has a bad image which is well deserved" schtick.

Of course you cover your ass by always adding the disclaimer and lie "But I'd vote for it" as if you get to vote on who marries who.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...you lie all the time here, been caught many times. Look: you just lied again.
Because you say so... wrong!

Not once, I donít need to, I am not stuck on a losing position like you are, there is simply no need for me to.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...you lie all the time here, been caught many times. Look: you just lied again.
I second that. Big D is a liar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I am just noticing that there has not yet been a single actual Christian posting on this forum yet, so my posts could not possibly be offensive to anyone.:)
I have read your book, cover to cover, in order and all in context, more than once.
Donít even go there with me kiddo
RiccardoFire wrote the bible?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
See my last post.
Why? Will it magically have relevance the second time around?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the same Bible that was written by slave owners? You know the one, don't you, that they used to support the buying and selling of human beings for centuries.
What happened to that Bible?
It's still around. It's enjoyed particularly by that lovely Christian founded group known as the Ku Klux Klan.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You sell it pretty good against those despicable people who believe in God.
Oh not all of them are despicable, just the ones that use it as an excuse for hatred and bigotry, who follow some parts but ignore other parts, and those that wish to force it upon others and their children without their consent.

Not everyone

Just the ones posting on this forum :)

A tiny percentage of them

I am sure there are some good Christians out there, just none here so far.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Hey don't give me the atheist sermon. I was taught to see things as they are. How dare I stand up for my beliefs...LOL I'm sure you could do the same thing as all the atheists do and take a verse here and then one there. When you read a book, do you read a sentence there and and one here? Stop throwing your atheist religion at me.
No, that's how fundamentalists read it. a verse here, a verse there. That's why the only Leviticus code they can site is about men lying with men, while at the same time completely ignoring that the same codes state that cutting one's hair, eating shellfish, sending menstruating women out of the home, and touching pig skin (you know, like a football) are all equally abominable to your Sky Santa.

Since you seem to think you know so much about us Atheists, you should already know that on the whole we tend to know your book very well. It's how we are able to dismiss it so easily.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh not all of them are despicable, just the ones that use it as an excuse for hatred and bigotry, who follow some parts but ignore other parts, and those that wish to force it upon others and their children without their consent.
Not everyone
And there are a lot of good gay rights supporters out there, just not on this forum.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's how fundamentalists read it. a verse here, a verse there. That's why the only Leviticus code they can site is about men lying with men, while at the same time completely ignoring that the same codes state that cutting one's hair, eating shellfish, sending menstruating women out of the home, and touching pig skin (you know, like a football) are all equally abominable to your Sky Santa.
Since you seem to think you know so much about us Atheists, you should already know that on the whole we tend to know your book very well. It's how we are able to dismiss it so easily.
You got it!:)

They donít follow the bible, they pick and choose what phrase they will follow ( and try to force others to follow against their will ) and which parts they will just ignore as nonsense.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Will it magically have relevance the second time around?
THAT made me laugh!!! Hysterical!
Botts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Slow pokes never gat ahead or do they?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
RiccardoFire wrote the bible?
But yet he never lies or makes up stuff....LOL

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone
I like to consider myself a good Christian. I believe in Christ. I REALLY like a lot of what He had to say about helping the poor and disenfranchised. It's very hard for me not to judge others; especially those who are just nasty and obstinately ignorant.

Christ was reported to have said, "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own?" Sometimes I'd rather just pluck the other person's eye out (glances at Kimare).

I try to give to people as much as I can--whatever they ask for anything in return. That tends to make me a poor capitalist.

Interestingly, back when I was trying to come to terms with my orientation, I thought, "I'm not sure how I can be a Christian and gay at the same time." But God showed me a way.

My point is that I know so many "good Christians" who are not like these bozos (see, there I go again) on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••