Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
175,381 - 175,400 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 37 min ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?
Do you really think anyone believes that nonsense.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Like a cleft lip, homosexuality has existed in all of human history. Only in the last few decades have scientists known what causes a cleft lip. That determination will likely happen regarding homosexuality shortly.
In the mean time, throughout human history, both a cleft lip and homosexuality have been regarded as abnormal by all cultures.
The gravity of your stupidity is exposed.
Yeah, just like throughout a great deal of "Christian history", being left handed was seen as a sign of evil. There are about 25 unfavorable references to the left hand in scripture.

Not so long ago, left handed children were still being forced to learn to write with their right hand.

I guess we can't rely on history to teach us everything, eh Kimare?

I can't wait for scientists to prove what causes homosexuality so that a cure can be created. I'm sure there are scientists working around the world on this issue. Let's see if you can find one who's working to find a cause AND a cure.

I'll be out by the pool waiting for you to find one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

If Jizzy gay marries me, he will be Jizzo Rizzo!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
Diaper rash? Admitted troll? Agent orange made him that way? A closet homosexual? Oh my the list..........
Yes. We wonder about all those things about you, Jizzy's sock. Enlighten us.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
A shit cultist calls someone a troll on a lowest common denominator web site where even shit cultists can post in complete anonymity.
I'm impressed.
Troll.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's close enough for me. Really, the way you keep posting the word "fail", I'm of the notion that you had that word used against you a lot in school, and can't wait to emulate "Mr. Teacher". Pitiful, really, but, oh well. You should try to develop some higher expectations for yourself ...
Fail.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we're in the middle of a discussion utilizing astronomical terms, let me lay it out ....for you. Your movement is going to suffer the effects of diminishing mass. That is to say that now that some states (a minority) allow for SSM, your Rainbow Brigade is going to suffer some attrition. There will be defectors, as "defect" is written into the type already, that decide to move to those "SSSB friendly states, and the protests will diminish. We are already seeing that some of the politicians who were part of this 3-ring circus are (of course) deciding that their involvement in this fiasco was detrimental to their reputations, and are equivocating. Your "flight path" is skewed, pal. You fail to account for variables... Like your compatriots taking the path of least resistance.
Unless legislators are able to come up with a constitutional amendment that specifically defines marriage as between one male and one female, their input is negligible.

The Supreme Court and Federal District Courts are the ones who ultimately interpret the Constitution. They can overrule legislative mandates--even presidential edicts, if it is determined that it is unconstitutional.

So, the LGBT community will fight this in the court systems. We've been victorious in more courts other than the Supreme Court.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
Well, Frankie is Gay. Good for him
Is that bad Jizzy *et al?

*I add the "et al" so I don't have to list all your sock puppets zoro ah, er, captain Morgan ah er, Fountainhead et al.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, peachfuzz, not superior, just normal.
More of the:
1) Overdramatizing.
2) Plagiarizing.
3) Narrow view.
4) Misrepresentation.
More of the:
1) Trolling.
2) Trolling.
3) Trolling.
4) Trolling.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument you have there fruitloops.
Like yours. Wait you didn't make one at all. You just make a troll post. LOL

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

pillows for sell wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to buy a slightly used pillow?
Only chewed on one side.
Original owner only throwed up in its mouth a little.
The brown stain ain't too big.
Make an offer.
1-800-SHIT CULT
* sale
Such atrocious grammar, little troll!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you don't know. You thought you'd throw out a fancy-schmancy term and hoped a fellow fecal baby would think you had intelligence.
You're not proving anything to me, shitferbrains. It's the rest of the world that judges you.
And how about my Big Bang Theory? It's about time you children found out where you came from.
*SNICKER*
*SNORT*

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?
Do you really think anyone believes that nonsense.
Smile.
<quoted text>
In your example, scientists admit they don't know.
In my example, scientists deny they don't know, a clear violation of scientific proof.
Not only does their assessment of homosexuality become meaningless, it exposes their ignorant prejudice.
Let me get this straight... You believe that scientists DO know what causes homosexuality and what could cure it, but for some reason they're either willingly or forcibly being made to withhold this information?

Do you have any proof of this conspiracy?

Here's the bottom line, Kim... Homosexuality does not meet the "personal distress and social disability" criteria that determines what is and what is not considered a disorder.

If a person's behavior or lifestyle does not cause them "personal distress or social disability" then why should it be "cured"?

Many Americans are against gun ownership. Yet, no one would ever classify gun freaks (those who stockpile enough weapons to take over a small town) as "disordered" because their behavior and lifestyle do not cause them "personal distress or social disability".

Same with being left-handed, red-headed, tall, short, black, white, someone who likes broccoli, someone who hates broccoli, someone who prefers chocolate over vanilla, someone who watches football every Sunday, etc...

This is why scientists are not spending time and resources trying to find "causes" and "cures" to homosexuality. Ethically and morally, there is no need to do so.

If you don't like being gay, that's up to you. You can pretend to like women; be married to one, produce children, etc. No one's stopping you.

But don't fool yourself into believing that there is a worldwide conspiracy afoot to shut down research on the "causes" and "cures" of homosexuality.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

There's a grade school skidmark running loose and shouting "troll" and "fail".

Is any adult bleeding? Any adult need an ambulance or a therapist?

Didn't think so.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're claiming that no-one can have advanced knowledge? Higher learning? He MUST have seen it in a Bond movie, eh? Good for you, if YOU are able to learn from Bond movies, but the rest of us, at least some, have invested in our futures, and have more knowledge than you. Go back to "plinking" away on your Obammy-given I-pod, under your bridge... I'll remember to throw you a can of Beef Stew the next time I see your worthless ass at some intersection begging for change, with the ubiquitous sign that reads "Will do anything for food", which translates, I am sure, into "I need dope money", which is why I'll throw you a can of food, but not money...
My favorite part of its post was the hysterical rage filled bi-polar "bigoted piece of sh*t".

It's code for "I HATE you!!!! Don't leave me!!!!"
Poseur Watch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

"Mikey" and "Jonah1" and "Reverend Alan" exhibit the same bi-polar "logic", the same needy latchkey pimpled rage.

They're one and the same.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Poseur Watch wrote:
"Mikey" and "Jonah1" and "Reverend Alan" exhibit the same bi-polar "logic", the same needy latchkey pimpled rage.
They're one and the same.
Says Laughingman.** troll alert **
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're claiming that no-one can have advanced knowledge? Higher learning? He MUST have seen it in a Bond movie, eh? Good for you, if YOU are able to learn from Bond movies, but the rest of us, at least some, have invested in our futures, and have more knowledge than you. Go back to "plinking" away on your Obammy-given I-pod, under your bridge... I'll remember to throw you a can of Beef Stew the next time I see your worthless ass at some intersection begging for change, with the ubiquitous sign that reads "Will do anything for food", which translates, I am sure, into "I need dope money", which is why I'll throw you a can of food, but not money...
Pretty imaginative for POS. I knew you had some 'twirl' in there, cupcake. Now as for you thinking about your future..Didn't you have some drunken truck ride with a cig in your mouth to do?
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty imaginative for POS.
I do declare, but I believe you're rather bigoted.
Fundamentalist Watch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Some people are born to win, and others are condemned to sit in the intestinal pew.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of straight folks don't like the idea of marriage, but we don't deny others the right to marry because if their opinions.
The nice thing is that even the naysayers can change their minds and marry at some point if their circumstances and beliefs change, or they can choose never to marry. Their choice, not mine, yours, or society's.
California is a done deal, and every marriage there is recognized by the federal government. That's not going to change.
It's about time you learned to accept it.
Marriage and ss couples are clearly distinct relationships. Not equal.

Imposing an imposter relationship on marriage will not gain you respect. It will simply garnish scorn.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••