Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201847 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202438 Jul 14, 2013
loaded man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
*click*
*BAM!*

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202439 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality determines whether the 'eye of the beholder' is wise or an idiot.
Just a note; Children side with reality...
<quoted text>
You are the one who claimed that 'equality is in the eye of the beholder'. A position that would make it impossible for any court to render judgment.
You once again are backed into a corner with your idiotic claims, so you resort to gay twirl ad homoan attacks.
Yes, equality certainly is in the eye of the beholder. And for centuries, mankind has been focusing on that issue.

Each time the question is raised, "Are we as a society treating everyone justly?", individuals and groups have differing responses.

Since the beginning of this country, issues of religious freedom/equality, gender equality, racial equality, handicap equality, and others have been raised and addressed. They're still being addressed.

Over the past several decades, the question of LGBT equality has been raised. And based on how previous questions concerning equality and freedom for various groups has been answered, those related to LGBT issues are being answered as well.

Our court system, legislative process, etc. "beholds" issues of LGBT equality through the same lenses that they have looked at gender, racial, religious, and disability issues.

That's how equality is in the eye of the beholder...

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202443 Jul 14, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
*thud*
*Taps*
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202444 Jul 14, 2013
Yes I'm still here. It's just that what VV said was so stupid I slipped into a coma for a while.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202447 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you place so much importance on "history" and "cultural traditions".
How many times have I pointed out the fact that the institution of slavery has been almost universally present for eons on the planet. And today it is almost universally extinct.
Really...for such an advanced intellect such as yourself, such a comparison as that is clearly the province of a lesser mind. We're discussing the basic unit of society.
The entire world, over the course of a few hundred years, has managed to almost completely eradicate slavery--something that's been around for thousands of years.
See above.
The same ENLIGHTENED ideology that did away with slavery--the notion that all people are created equal--is the very basis of treating LGBT citizens in this country as equal to all other citizens.
So the enlightened ideology that ended slavery is, again, comprable to treating "LGBT" citizens equally. I see so LGBT citizens were once slaves?
So, while treating gay people with some degree of respect seems like a foreign concept to some of you Neanderthals, the notions of "freedom" and "equality" have been around for about 300 years.
"Gay" as a virtually exclusive reference to homosexuality is relative new. Perhaps we should revert to the previous definition of a "gay man", a womanizer. Ironic is it? Equality means we treat ALL men as men, and ALL women as women. Not a man as a woman, or vice versa.
Asking for, demanding, and getting equal treatment in this country is not a novel, new concept.
Don't get confused again.
Yet u ask not for equal treat in regards to marriage, but for something else. You seek to redefine the definition of marriage in order to conform with your notion of "equality", not equality as it applies to anyone else of your sex. If we are to treat all men equally, as all women, then each sex has the same right to enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, recognized, and valid nationwide. So which is it? Do u want special treatment, or to be treated like any other man in this regard?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202449 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you place so much importance on "history" and "cultural traditions".
How many times have I pointed out the fact that the institution of slavery has been almost universally present for eons on the planet. And today it is almost universally extinct.
The entire world, over the course of a few hundred years, has managed to almost completely eradicate slavery--something that's been around for thousands of years.
The same ENLIGHTENED ideology that did away with slavery--the notion that all people are created equal--is the very basis of treating LGBT citizens in this country as equal to all other citizens.
So, while treating gay people with some degree of respect seems like a foreign concept to some of you Neanderthals, the notions of "freedom" and "equality" have been around for about 300 years.
Asking for, demanding, and getting equal treatment in this country is not a novel, new concept.
Don't get confused again.
Your BS lies continue;

http://www.ibtimes.com/
27-million-slaves-world-hillar y-clinton-703627

There are more slaves now, then at any time in history.

But the real idiotic distortion is imposing a fake, imposter relationship on marriage, and equating that to the battle against slavery.

You are a shameless reprobate.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202450 Jul 14, 2013
Looks like Mr Hudson is being censored today. He must have hurt someone's feelings. Or won an argument.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202451 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your BS lies continue;
http://www.ibtimes.com/
27-million-slaves-world-hillar y-clinton-703627
There are more slaves now, then at any time in history.
But the real idiotic distortion is imposing a fake, imposter relationship on marriage, and equating that to the battle against slavery.
You are a shameless reprobate.
Nice counter point.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202452 Jul 14, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Still peacocking your "writing" skills, Jonah Balogna?
There's no such thing as "equality". Evolution is explicit about that.
Yes. "Jonah1" is peacocking again! Very funny! I like that one. Such a drama princess.

Joanie Baloney.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202453 Jul 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, equality certainly is in the eye of the beholder. And for centuries, mankind has been focusing on that issue.
Each time the question is raised, "Are we as a society treating everyone justly?", individuals and groups have differing responses.
Since the beginning of this country, issues of religious freedom/equality, gender equality, racial equality, handicap equality, and others have been raised and addressed. They're still being addressed.
Over the past several decades, the question of LGBT equality has been raised. And based on how previous questions concerning equality and freedom for various groups has been answered, those related to LGBT issues are being answered as well.
Our court system, legislative process, etc. "beholds" issues of LGBT equality through the same lenses that they have looked at gender, racial, religious, and disability issues.
That's how equality is in the eye of the beholder...
What a load of crock.

You are equating opinions with reality.

People have opinions about equality, and always will differ.

The law is assigned to judge those opinions based on reality and protect the victim.

Like abortion, homosexuals have been equated to marriage, not based on reality, but on a manipulation of the law motivated by public opinion, not reality.

In the case of abortion, a woman's right to her body costs a baby the right to their life.

In the recent case, a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage is equated to marriage.

Lady Justice just threw up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202454 Jul 14, 2013
I for one think censorship sucks. Whether it be my enemy or my friend.

Other people think it's a valid tool, a dishonest means to a dishonest end.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#202455 Jul 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Looks like Mr Hudson is being censored today. He must have hurt someone's feelings. Or won an argument.
Banned.
Thanks for the heads up...
:-D
Mikey

Glendale, CA

#202456 Jul 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Pity, guess you'll just have to 'tag team' with another bigot..POS
Mikey

Glendale, CA

#202457 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of crock.
You are equating opinions with reality.
People have opinions about equality, and always will differ.
The law is assigned to judge those opinions based on reality and protect the victim.
Like abortion, homosexuals have been equated to marriage, not based on reality, but on a manipulation of the law motivated by public opinion, not reality.
In the case of abortion, a woman's right to her body costs a baby the right to their life.
In the recent case, a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage is equated to marriage.
Lady Justice just threw up.
More of this Bigoted BS again? How can you stand yourself?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#202458 Jul 14, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll not "tag team" with you. Stop trying to make googoo eyes at him, he ain't having your gay love.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#202459 Jul 14, 2013
Mikey,
You cannot impose your "gay love" on a straight man, even if you are a g4y woman.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202460 Jul 14, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be my teammate?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202461 Jul 14, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
More of this Bigoted BS again? How can you stand yourself?
Aw, VV's not that bad. But yeah, maybe you're right.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202462 Jul 14, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll not "tag team" with you. Stop trying to make googoo eyes at him, he ain't having your gay love.
Mikey likes it. Can't blame him. I am quite the stud. But I like chicks for sex. Not dudes.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#202463 Jul 14, 2013
But, if you wish to mate with some.....thing, may I suggest a trip to Knoxville?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New research says sex education ignores gay and... 28 min cpeter1313 1,143
News Justicea s gay marriage order halts licenses in... 1 hr cpeter1313 270
News Anti-gay parents compare LGBT student group at ... 1 hr Christsharians on... 3
Choose not to be gay 1 hr Tommy 290
News Idaho Rep. Raul Labrador at center of clash ove... 1 hr Christsharians on... 12
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 9,071
News NY governor moves to stop 'gay conversion' ther... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News Indiana Senate delays LGBT bill amid continued ... 9 hr Mike 33
More from around the web