Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,425)

Showing posts 168,481 - 168,500 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage was "invented"? By whom?
By people, who'd you think dummy? Dogs? Are you trying to tell me procreation has no relation to marriage?

Look Very Red, I fully support your right to equal protection. I don't disagree with you about SSM, I support it and you consider me a "dirt bag". I can only imagine how much you hate those against SSM.

They are not stupid, and they are not less worthy of respect than you. They are just wary of this tremendous social change and resent you marginalizing them over it. Way to win hearts and minds fruitloops!

So there we have it. I support marriage equality. Do you? For polygamy? For incest marriage? I suspect you are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hallmark.....many....many moons ago.
I bet Hallmark supports SSM and any other new occasion to sell cards. Soon a full line of polygamy cards! One for 2 wives, one for three wives, two husbands, etc.

How about the marry your sister card? I'm sure they come up with some nice sentiment for that one!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the days of slavery, and guilt or innocence via duel, burning at the stake, crucifixions and a lot of other ancient ideas
Do u write this stuff yourself......or do u have help with the delusional elements. What do those have to do with defining marriage as a union of husband and wife?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the days of slavery, and guilt or innocence via duel, burning at the stake, crucifixions and a lot of other ancient ideas
I bet it was great great grandpa Big D who fixed all those things. Right?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare comes on here and fans the flames of anti-homosexual sentiment; you say "Bravo!", and I'm supposed to sit back and celebrate your "tolerance" and "diversity"?
Gays aren't out to do away with heterosexuals. But people like Kimare would have us all "cured" or "fixed" if he could only figure out a way to do so.
His ideal world wouldn't have gays and lesbians on it.
When you start speaking out against his hatred and intolerance, we can talk. Until then, you're a dirt-bag in my eyes.
For someone who won't talk you sure talk a lot! We can talk when you relax and if I feel like it spice cake.

Try and relax. Lighten up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u write this stuff yourself......or do u have help with the delusional elements. What do those have to do with defining marriage as a union of husband and wife?
I hope he writes that nonsense himself, please don't let there be more people as sappy as Biggy D.
Jon Doe

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

I just arived in Sacramento and I need to know where the nearest soup kitchen is...thank u me and my family are despirate for help We're gunna be out on the street tomorow morning pleese help us ok
Kubota

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

News update May 23, 2013 - Corner moves it's team in, the city of Glendora has provided a Bobcat excavator with a front scoop and driver to excavate the backyard, that left and a smaller Kubota tractor with a backhoe has taken over 12:30 P.M. May 23, 2013..

May 22, 2013 - a news helicopter has been hovering for about an hour over the big dig area. The house in question is located at the end of a cul-de-sac, three owners have occupied this house since Robert Byron sold it and moved to Covina, Ca. we have tracked down the first owner to buy this house and are currently investigating.

Glendora, California 1978 a 24 year old lady went missing, now the LA County Sheriffs Department is on the job and digging up a back yard in the city of Glendora, California 91740.

The person who reported her missing was her husband, the house has been sold three times since then, her car was found in a parking lot of Ontario Airport.

Glad to see some real police department work is being carried out by the sheriffs department on 555 Essex Street.

The neighborhood kids like the husband, but no wife? Wonder what happened to her remains?
More insider information to follow.

According to sources the back yard of this house in questions was not landscaped and only consisted of tall weeds and hard pack bare soil, dead pets were buried in the backyard before someone landscaped the entire backyard.

A patio concrete slab and cover was built before Robert B. sold the house for he first time.

News; Young teenagers remember mowing backyard weeds etc. and finding a slab of concrete that was in the middle of the yard, made no sense for it to be there.

Stand back, the Corner has brought out the dogs and shovels to start unearthing something buried in this houses backyard.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Big Dimwit wrote:
<quoted text>
It ... certainly did not re-define my marriage in any way at all.
Really.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Big Dummy wrote:
<quoted text>
Before we get into all that, we have asked how same sex couples being able to marry has harmed your marriage.
Before we get into all that, the first basic question is, "Are ss couples equal to a married heterosexual couple?"

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Children see a lot of things... Children see cooked spinach and think you're trying to poison them. They see Harry Potter and believe in magic. Children can look up at the sky and think Heaven is just beyond the clouds--that their deceased grandparents are walking around on smoke, looking lovingly down on them from above.
That's why children aren't scientists.
You are right, children aren't scientists.

But even children know the difference between a duplicate gendered couple and a diverse gendered couple.

Especially when only one is mom and dad.

Clearly children are smarter than you.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
First you claim homosexuality is normal.
Then you admit scientists don't know what causes it.
The only explanation for that is political correct baloney spouted by the Queen of DeNial.
Snicker smile.
<quoted text>
1. How does your response answer the quandary of scientists not having an explanation for homosexuality, but can turn around and assert it is 'normal'?
2. Scientists do understand attraction. Mating behavior. It is why a butch lesbian dresses and acts like a man to attract another lesbian who almost wants a man, but not quite. It's just a major sexual screwed up. Well, it can't ever be a literal screw up, but it clearly is a defect.
Another limp brained gay twirl from the Queen of DeNial.
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists can assert that homosexuality is normal by doing a very simple test. Namely, they can look around at NATURE (thus the name "natural) and see that homosexuality and SSSB exists pretty much everywhere.
Scientists can look at gays and lesbians and see that their sexual orientation and attractions DO NOT impeded their ability to function, live a happy and fulfilling life, and contribute to society.
If a person is capable of doing these things, then there is nothing "unnatural" about them.
Not knowing the "cause" or "reason" behind a person's attractions to same-gender people, certain foods, certain food preferences, etc. does not indicate that their behaviors, attractions, and preferences are abnormal or unnatural.
If you can show me one scientist who believes that a "cause" or a "reason" must be identified before preferences can be labeled as "natural", I'll eat my hat.
As has been pointed out to you multiple times, you have NO understanding of science--none at all.
You're like those guys who I used to work with in hospitals; the ones who worked behind a desk gathering admission information and who wore lab coats to throw the general public off--making them think that they were "medical professionals".
You say scientific-sounding things, but you're truly ignorant when it comes to understanding basic, scientific information.
You're worse than the "Great and Powerful Oz". He also professed to be an expert--a God--when he was nothing more than a carnival barker behind a curtain.
By your definition, Sandusky was normal.

You are, without question, the Queen of DeNial1

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

What is it a full moon or something, all the power rangers are rattling their cages today! It's like a fruitloops asylum here.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) We are barred from marrying the person of our choice.
You can marry according to whatever house of worship wishes to sanction your relationship as marriage. Legally, those you are subject to the same restrictions as any one else.
. You seem to have no problem with us shacking up out of wedlock. Many of us have long-term partners; much longer than straight people.
Interesting....I had raised that very same aspect a few times. So you want Mr. Right to make an "honest man" out of you? Uhhhhhh....oh....you're not pregnant are you?:)
We want the rights and protections of marriage for our own needs. We are in no way attempting to redefine marriage. We only want legal status.
Therein lies the conflict, or the solution. You want "marriage for our own needs"? Or do you want legal status? As an individual u have the same access as I to legal marriage. If you want to same sex couple, that's a different animal.
Your marriage would in no way be impacted.
Soooooooo.....that means what? As long as the law, any law doesn't impact me personally, it should be changed? You do realize that argument can also be used to argue for polygamy, or even sibling marriage. "Hey, why not, according to VeeVee, and Big D, as long as it doesn't impact me personally".
2.) States have, by way of DOMA and other individual state constitutional amendment, have made it impossible for us to marry. So, yes, orientation is definitely a part of the marriage process.
Not quite, you're still subject to the same laws as everybody else. Besides, said amendments, also bar polygamy.
3.) You guys are the ones who came up with marriage licenses. You guys are the ones who put together a whole set of protections and rights ONLY provided to legally married couples. And now you piss and moan because other couples want those rights and protections.
Yet you piss and moan because, plural marriage practitioners, want a piece of the action too.
How petty! How childish!
Right back at ya big guy.
One day, this issue will be over and done with. The only reason people like you are on here now is because we're breathing down your necks. You know that there is NOTHING that you can do to stop same-sex marriage from happening in this country. All you can do is flock to sites like this and spit into the wind.
Mainstream Christians have lightened up their attitudes toward homosexuality and gay rights. So have republicans.
How much longer do you think this can drag out?
How much longer do you think you can keep the polys from jumping on the rainbow bandwagon? It's only a matter of time for them too. Before ya know it, there will be no need to license marriage at all. That's seems to be the unsaid goal of the SSM movement.
We're in the military; openly fighting for the country. Do you honestly think that Americans are going to deny a basic right to people who are willing to lay their lives on the line?
It's not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when".
Bank on it...
C'mon, all together now:"We're poly, we're jolly, the gay rights crowds ignores us at their own folly". Actually that right already exists, you simply don't wish to exercise that right the same as any other American. In some states 18 yr olds cannot consume alcoholic beverages, yet, we all them to vote, marry, and serve their country in the armed services. I wonder if there are states that have a higher drinking minimum age than that required to be a police officers, or correction officer. I'll get back to you on that.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
What is it a full moon or something, all the power rangers are rattling their cages today! It's like a fruitloops asylum here.
Hey Frankie, I just gave u a "funny" judge it for that one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frankie, I just gave u a "funny" judge it for that one.
Trying to liven up the joint! I keep thinking it's Friday evening, because the grand kids have no school tomorrow. For me, every evening is Friday evening, I'm retired.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
First you claim homosexuality is normal.
Then you admit scientists don't know what causes it.
The only explanation for that is political correct baloney spouted by the Queen of DeNial.
Snicker smile.
<quoted text>
1. How does your response answer the quandary of scientists not having an explanation for homosexuality, but can turn around and assert it is 'normal'?
2. Scientists do understand attraction. Mating behavior. It is why a butch lesbian dresses and acts like a man to attract another lesbian who almost wants a man, but not quite. It's just a major sexual screwed up. Well, it can't ever be a literal screw up, but it clearly is a defect.
Another limp brained gay twirl from the Queen of DeNial.
Smile.
<quoted text>
By your definition, Sandusky was normal.
You are, without question, the Queen of DeNial1
Smirk.
You think I'm saying that Sandusky was normal based on what I said? I'm fairly sure that Sandusky's sexual abuse of several children WAS NOT a contribution to society.

See the difference? Probably not...

That you would even suggest that homosexuals and child sexual predators are one in the same is OUTRAGEOUS!

Since more sexual predators are straight, religious, men I think you probably have more in common with Sandusky than me.

That is why you'll never be taken seriously here.

You are and will always be seen as a joke.

Pack it in, preacher boy...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You can marry according to whatever house of worship wishes to sanction your relationship as marriage. Legally, those you are subject to the same restrictions as any one else.
<quoted text>
Interesting....I had raised that very same aspect a few times. So you want Mr. Right to make an "honest man" out of you? Uhhhhhh....oh....you're not pregnant are you?:)
<quoted text>
Therein lies the conflict, or the solution. You want "marriage for our own needs"? Or do you want legal status? As an individual u have the same access as I to legal marriage. If you want to same sex couple, that's a different animal.
<quoted text>
Soooooooo.....that means what? As long as the law, any law doesn't impact me personally, it should be changed? You do realize that argument can also be used to argue for polygamy, or even sibling marriage. "Hey, why not, according to VeeVee, and Big D, as long as it doesn't impact me personally".
<quoted text>
Not quite, you're still subject to the same laws as everybody else. Besides, said amendments, also bar polygamy.
<quoted text>
Yet you piss and moan because, plural marriage practitioners, want a piece of the action too.
<quoted text>
Right back at ya big guy.
<quoted text>
How much longer do you think you can keep the polys from jumping on the rainbow bandwagon? It's only a matter of time for them too. Before ya know it, there will be no need to license marriage at all. That's seems to be the unsaid goal of the SSM movement.
<quoted text>
C'mon, all together now:"We're poly, we're jolly, the gay rights crowds ignores us at their own folly". Actually that right already exists, you simply don't wish to exercise that right the same as any other American. In some states 18 yr olds cannot consume alcoholic beverages, yet, we all them to vote, marry, and serve their country in the armed services. I wonder if there are states that have a higher drinking minimum age than that required to be a police officers, or correction officer. I'll get back to you on that.
You just keep telling yourself that it's not going to happen.

We'll see who is right when the dust is settled.
Kubota

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

It's official the whole "big dig" was a bust and total failure! Sorry Chris Jeffers your crew failed again and you along with it. LOSERS.

News update May 23, 2013 - Corner moves it's team in, the city of Glendora has provided a Bobcat excavator with a front scoop and driver to excavate the backyard, that left and a smaller Kubota tractor with a backhoe has taken over 12:30 P.M. May 23, 2013..

May 22, 2013 - a news helicopter has been hovering for about an hour over the big dig area. The house in question is located at the end of a cul-de-sac, three owners have occupied this house since Robert Byron sold it and moved to Covina, Ca. we have tracked down the first owner to buy this house and are currently investigating.

Glendora, California 1978 a 24 year old lady went missing, now the LA County Sheriffs Department is on the job and digging up a back yard in the city of Glendora, California 91740.

The person who reported her missing was her husband, the house has been sold three times since then, her car was found in a parking lot of Ontario Airport.

Glad to see some real police department work is being carried out by the sheriffs department on 555 Essex Street.

The neighborhood kids like the husband, but no wife? Wonder what happened to her remains?
More insider information to follow.

According to sources the back yard of this house in questions was not landscaped and only consisted of tall weeds and hard pack bare soil, dead pets were buried in the backyard before someone landscaped the entire backyard.

A patio concrete slab and cover was built before Robert B. sold the house for he first time.

News; Young teenagers remember mowing backyard weeds etc. and finding a slab of concrete that was in the middle of the yard, made no sense for it to be there.

Stand back, the Corner has brought out the dogs and shovels to start unearthing something buried in this houses backyard.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
That you would even suggest that homosexuals and child sexual predators are one in the same is OUTRAGEOUS!
When you people do the things you do in "pride" parades in front of children, the sole purpose being for shock value, then it's very easy to accept that you're a bunch of child molesters.

What truly goes on behind your closed doors, Folsom Street Boy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,481 - 168,500 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••