Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Smackerials

Covina, CA

#192131 May 14, 2013
Pee-Wee idiot poster #192130.

Blow off you freak!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192132 May 14, 2013
Look at all this trash wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I just lost some I.Q. from responding to this guy. He's only here to troll. Don't respond to him, he'll probably commit suicide if u don't.
Try and relax. You ain't special fruitloops, you're just another angry jackass. You come here screaming and ranting, you get smacked. Calm down and make sense, maybe we'll talk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192133 May 14, 2013
Smackerials wrote:
Pee-Wee idiot poster #192130.
Blow off you freak!
Shuddup you silly jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192134 May 14, 2013
Notice how KiMare and Rizzo have absolutely no argument against what I said? I post on this site and others, sometimes under diff names, but one thing's consistent about my posts...I totally own anyone trying to argue w me...it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it...
I have no argument against same sex marriage because I support it. That's right jackass, what do you think about that? The reason you assume that I do not is because you are stupid and impulsive.

Stop ranting and hating and maybe we'll talk, but I doubt it, you have shown that you are just a hateful hothead not worth the time.

Try and relax.

P.S. You don't "totally own" sh!t Spice Boy.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#192135 May 14, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said!
A true follower of Jesus can neither divorce someone,(a) "So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder"(Matt. 19:6, Mark 10:9), nor marry someone who is divorced,(b) "whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery" (Matt. 5:32, 19:9, Luke 16:18). There is an exception to the former, however. If the spouse commits adultery, divorce is permissible: "Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" (Matt. 5:32). The Bible also says that anyone who obtains a divorce and marries another is an adulterer: "...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11, Luke 16:18), which applies to women as well--Mark 10:12. In essence, according to Christ's teachings:
•(1) one can never obtain a divorce, except from an adulterous spouse;
•(2) one can never marry a divorced person, and
•(3) one who obtains a divorce and marries another is committing adultery.
One can only guess at the number of Christians who have ignored these maxims.
Thats why the bible is usless in the argument against SSM.
Look at all this trash

Sacramento, CA

#192136 May 14, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What "comeback" are you looking for? Gay people adopt kids, but so do straight people. Both can be good parents. Soooooo.....that means SSM should be legal?
Sorry u missed the whole point. I'll explain it to u in a way u can understand.
Bashing gays because they can't have children is ignorant. Gay people are much more likely to adopt, and more likely to be better parents, because they have to live their whole lives knowing they will never be able to have kids with their spouse, and appreciate their chance to be parents more than most hetero couples do. Many hetero couples take having kids for granted, have kids out of wedlock, unplanned pregnancies, not to mention the record number of abortions taking place in today's world. SS couples wait until they're married to adopt, which provides a much more stable environment.
In the U.S. 58% of kids will experience their parents getting divorced before they turn 18. How many children are born out of wedlock? 40.6% is the answer. These are startling facts, yet many against SSM are using procreation as their argument for why gays shouldn't be able to marry, yet are having kids that will be forever traumatized from their childhood experiences (statistically speaking). So u don't want SS couples to marry, because they can't procreate, yet u r the ones disgracing marriage by having pre-marital sex, kids out of wedlock, getting divorces for reasons other than infidelity (which are all sins). Are there any bigots here that have never comitted a sin? Are there any bigots here that haven't had pre-marital sex, a kid out of wedlock, divorce for any reason other than infidelity?(Who r u to judge who should and shouldn't get married hypocrites!!) I seriously doubt it, and if u haven't you're in a very small minority.
Do u think that adopting an orphan, is any less noble than what hetero couples are doing? Should we judge them according to the life they've lead, or should we just say u can pro-create, therefore u can marry, divorce and do whatever the heck u want. Should we deny SS couples the right to marry, when it would make adopting children so much easier for them? Should we deny abused kids, orphans, foster kids the chance to have a normal life? Maybe u can be the one to go tell these children that they will never have a family, because you have too much hatred inside of u to let gay people marry. The real issue here is not gay marriage, or procreation...the real issue here is what made u so angry and hateful that u refuse to accept gay people and their rights as human beings? What makes u superior to them? Does it make u feel better to obsess over denying them a right to marry? Do u feel good because u feel like maybe u have control over someone else's life, when u r miserable in your own skin? This isn't the 1500's, and we don't live in Iran. Stop the hatred, grow up, and start focusing on your own lives. Heaven forbid u have a gay child, which is exactly what happened to my uncle. He was the biggest bigot, ant gay-marriage neandrathal this world has ever seen. All he ever did was obsess over politics (not to mention how racist he was) Now he has found out that his 17 year old daugher is a lesbian, and he has completely changed all his views on life. All the hatred has stopped, it's unbelievable how much he has changed. He is such a wonderful person to be around now. The moral of this story is with ignorance breeds hate. He never once considered maybe he would have a gay child. What would u say if u did as well?
"He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?" -James 4:11-12
Can't we all just learn to love each other, instead of hating and judging? If not then I feel terribly sorry for u, and only wish for u to see the light.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192137 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry u missed the whole point. I'll explain it to u in a way u can understand.
Bashing gays because they can't have children is ignorant. Gay people are much more likely to adopt, and more likely to be better parents, because they have to live their whole lives knowing they will never be able to have kids with their spouse, and appreciate their chance to be parents more than most hetero couples do. Many hetero couples take having kids for granted, have kids out of wedlock, unplanned pregnancies, not to mention the record number of abortions taking place in today's world. SS couples wait until they're married to adopt, which provides a much more stable environment.
In the U.S. 58% of kids will experience their parents getting divorced before they turn 18. How many children are born out of wedlock? 40.6% is the answer. These are startling facts, yet many against SSM are using procreation as their argument for why gays shouldn't be able to marry, yet are having kids that will be forever traumatized from their childhood experiences (statistically speaking). So u don't want SS couples to marry, because they can't procreate, yet u r the ones disgracing marriage by having pre-marital sex, kids out of wedlock, getting divorces for reasons other than infidelity (which are all sins). Are there any bigots here that have never comitted a sin? Are there any bigots here that haven't had pre-marital sex, a kid out of wedlock, divorce for any reason other than infidelity?(Who r u to judge who should and shouldn't get married hypocrites!!) I seriously doubt it, and if u haven't you're in a very small minority.
Do u think that adopting an orphan, is any less noble than what hetero couples are doing? Should we judge them according to the life they've lead, or should we just say u can pro-create, therefore u can marry, divorce and do whatever the heck u want. Should we deny SS couples the right to marry, when it would make adopting children so much easier for them? Should we deny abused kids, orphans, foster kids the chance to have a normal life? Maybe u can be the one to go tell these children that they will never have a family, because you have too much hatred inside of u to let gay people marry. The real issue here is not gay marriage, or procreation...the real issue here is what made u so angry and hateful that u refuse to accept gay people and their rights as human beings? What makes u superior to them? Does it make u feel better to obsess over denying them a right to marry? Do u feel good because u feel like maybe u have control over someone else's life, when u r miserable in your own skin? This isn't the 1500's, and we don't live in Iran. Stop the hatred, grow up, and start focusing on your own lives. Heaven forbid u have a gay child, which is exactly what happened to my uncle. He was the biggest bigot, ant gay-marriage neandrathal this world has ever seen. All he ever did was obsess over politics (not to mention how racist he was) Now he has found out that his 17 year old daugher is a lesbian, and he has completely changed all his views on life. All the hatred has stopped, it's unbelievable how much he has changed. He is such a wonderful person to be around now. The moral of this story is with ignorance breeds hate. He never once considered maybe he would have a gay child. What would u say if u did as well?
"He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?" -James 4:11-12
Can't we all just learn to love each other, instead of hating and judging? If not then I feel terribly sorry for u, and only wish for u to see the light.
Too wordy. Meth?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#192138 May 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too wordy. Meth?
Girl, you REALLY need to be on something for ADD. If you can't focus on a few paragraphs of text, there is something wrong.

How on earth did you get through school?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192139 May 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl, you REALLY need to be on something for ADD. If you can't focus on a few paragraphs of text, there is something wrong.
How on earth did you get through school?
Try and relax tough guy. I can add just fine.

Why do you call other men "girl"?

I got through school with a little brains and a lot of hard work how about yourself?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#192142 May 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then do so with honesty.
Not the gay twirl and attempt to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.
Why are you so ashamed of establishing your own relational identity?
Smile.
Since you are self-admittedly “a lesbian trapped in a man’s body” do you have an epi-marker mistake? BTW…..”epi-marker mistake” is your term, no one else’s. Why are you so ashamed to answer this question?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#192144 May 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I think I just lost some I.Q. from responding to this guy. He's only here to troll. Don't respond to him, he'll probably commit suicide if u don't.
Oh, don’t be too hard on him. He’s just a very lonely old hater seeking attention. He’s been banned many times, but, keeps coming back. He’s so desperate to interact with people it almost makes me feel sorry for him.
Boredr-Neeeeeeee egggggr

Clearlake, CA

#192145 May 14, 2013
hahahaha.....357 urslf
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192146 May 14, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don’t be too hard on him. He’s just a very lonely old hater seeking attention. He’s been banned many times, but, keeps coming back. He’s so desperate to interact with people it almost makes me feel sorry for him.
Are you going to have another cute little meltdown tonight hater?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192147 May 14, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are self-admittedly “a lesbian trapped in a man’s body” do you have an epi-marker mistake? BTW…..”epi-marker mistake” is your term, no one else’s. Why are you so ashamed to answer this question?
Why are you so mad?

Since: May 13

Los Angeles, CA

#192149 May 14, 2013
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
There is a part of me that completely agrees with your "why vote?" attitude, but upon deeper reflection I think that while it is good for the majority to have their voice, it doesn't necessarily mean that the majority is right, and that is where overruling, such as this, comes in. In the 1800s, the majority felt that slavery was perfectly fine, since THEY were not the slaves. In the 1950s and 60s, the majority felt that blacks should be educated separately (and NOT equally) to whites. On playgrounds at schools throughout the country, a "majority" of kids might "decide" not to let little Jenny or Johnny join their game because they are different, or "gingers" (red-haired), to talk with a lisp or accent. The majority is often wrong. That is when a courageous minority must stand for what is ultimately right.

My particular stance on this whole issue is: if you don't believe in same-sex marriage, then don't marry someone of the same sex. Period. Why does what I do with my marriage somehow affect yours? Only those with low self-esteem give a crap about what someone else has, does or is. Live and let live. When no one is being hurt, let's stay the hell out of other people's business.

I DO understand the whole frustration with a vote being overturned, however, and it is a bit hard to swallow. But that is how a democracy works. There are checks and balances that seem to keep everything working towards a common goal of democracy. At least I hope so.
Ignorance Is NOT Bliss

Beacon, NY

#192153 May 14, 2013
The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Based on your post, then you support gays having sex with children. You gay attitude is this, if you don't want to have sex with children they don't have sex with children.
You will scream, not the same.
Well, consider this, most of you gays hate ex-gays and gays who want therapy. Why don't you have the attitude, if you don't want therapy then you just don't get therapy?
My god but you are one ignorant lying hater! I'm betting that you have brown eyes and that would explain that you are full of shyte all the way up to them! Reparative therapy simply does not work and the vast majority of psychiatrists and Psychologists highly recommend against such bogus,useless therapy as it can cause great harm to the patient! The very few who claim that it did work are simply in denial and are merely celibate which is not being cured LIAR! Lets see what the experts actually have to say on the subject and it is the complete opposite of your B.S.!

Reparative therapy,does it work? The answer is a simple NO as being gay is an innate condition that does NOT need to be changed!

From the APA!

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexual-o...

Also.....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...

Or.....

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2000-0...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192154 May 15, 2013
The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Based on your post, then you support gays having sex with children. You gay attitude is this, if you don't want to have sex with children they don't have sex with children.
You will scream, not the same.
Well, consider this, most of you gays hate ex-gays and gays who want therapy. Why don't you have the attitude, if you don't want therapy then you just don't get therapy?
I don’t think he is the one that need therapy.

The majority of molesters of children are heterosexual, profess to be Christian, and within the family of the child.

People that ignore this fact, are people that don’t care about molested children, that only want to use those children for political gain.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#192155 May 15, 2013
This is what the people voted on, not once but twice.

"Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

Very simple.....they voted on the definition of marriage. That's it! No rights, or slavery, or majority/minority......

Why is it so controversial for society to have, recognize, privilege, marriage as a union of husband and wife? Because a minority within a sexual minority want their personal intimate same sex sexual relationship called "marriage"?
stiff1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a part of me that completely agrees with your "why vote?" attitude, but upon deeper reflection I think that while it is good for the majority to have their voice, it doesn't necessarily mean that the majority is right, and that is where overruling, such as this, comes in. In the 1800s, the majority felt that slavery was perfectly fine, since THEY were not the slaves. In the 1950s and 60s, the majority felt that blacks should be educated separately (and NOT equally) to whites. On playgrounds at schools throughout the country, a "majority" of kids might "decide" not to let little Jenny or Johnny join their game because they are different, or "gingers" (red-haired), to talk with a lisp or accent. The majority is often wrong. That is when a courageous minority must stand for what is ultimately right.
My particular stance on this whole issue is: if you don't believe in same-sex marriage, then don't marry someone of the same sex. Period. Why does what I do with my marriage somehow affect yours? Only those with low self-esteem give a crap about what someone else has, does or is. Live and let live. When no one is being hurt, let's stay the hell out of other people's business.
I DO understand the whole frustration with a vote being overturned, however, and it is a bit hard to swallow. But that is how a democracy works. There are checks and balances that seem to keep everything working towards a common goal of democracy. At least I hope so.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#192157 May 15, 2013
The fact is, equating the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act of anal sex with 'marriage','consummation' or 'intercourse' is silly stupid.

I know you don't like the specifics being pointed out, because it exposes once again the vast distinction between marriage and an imposter defective relationship.

Any direction logic goes with gay denial requires a distortion of words. You can pretend all you want, but intelligent, moral people are only insulted by the ignorance you are trying to perpetrate.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192158 May 15, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
This is what the people voted on, not once but twice.
"Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."
Very simple.....they voted on the definition of marriage. That's it! No rights, or slavery, or majority/minority......
Why is it so controversial for society to have, recognize, privilege, marriage as a union of husband and wife? Because a minority within a sexual minority want their personal intimate same sex sexual relationship called "marriage"?
<quoted text>
Don’t worry if the supreme courts gets it wrong, they will be voting on it again, and prop 8 will perish in a walk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church boots AA group over gay weddings 9 min Wondering 44
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 13 min Wondering 131
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 36 min KiMare 641
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min KiMare 50,064
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 43 min Just Think 56,248
Beck: Liberals Won't Condemn Islam Because of '... 1 hr Thinking 14
Two Lesbians, one Gay man elected to Belfast Ci... 2 hr rock white 28
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 hr cpeter1313 696
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,277
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 5 hr Pietro Armando 1,033
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 8 hr WeTheSheeple 165

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE