Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,156

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184586 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww..that's so clever, "reich winger", did you think of that all by yourself, or did the rest of the rainbow clubhouse help you out?
As the "....being granted their civil rights...", that ignores the fact that gays all ready have the same civil right as any other American, they simply don't like the way its exercised. A solution here would be to recognize different situations, different solutions.
<quoted text>
As is yours, plus yours is narrow in all the colors of the rainbow, sparkle.:)
Im sorry the symbolism of the rainbow is lost on you??

wernt you the one who was PRo-polygamy..??

kinda hypocritical for you to be anti-gay marraige?? huh??

Gays are facing a lot of bigotry still from legislators....

you make it sound as if everything is all settled...

what do you think these cases are about..??

defeating bigotry and discrimination...because it is real.

what planet do you live on..??

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184587 Mar 25, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
I only stated that i have permission from the state to smoke that much...
that would BE alot to smoke....
so at least now we can establish that riccardo fire of northern california finally admits canabis is "MEDICAL"
what a huge sea change in your politics...
i can see just how liberal you are compared to all the other posters here...
like for instance, wed both be pissed if the jehovahs witnesses bothered us at home.
On the pot topic, you admitted to smoking that much, when did I ever say there was no medical use for pot? Pot should be legal for everyone. Hemp oil is healthier then smoking a bong. What does the JW's have to do with this? Your mind is everywhere, put away the bong for a minute.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184588 Mar 25, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr KiMare:
>...Marriage can never describe a ss couple...<
Nope, untrue. My WIFE and I are a very happily-MARRIED lesbian FAMILY. We will celebrate our fifth WEDDING ANNIVERSARY the end of June.
Deal with it, and grow UP. Mommy wants her pots and pans back, now.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

How does a duplicated half, mutually desolate of mating behavior equate to marriage, or a child missing at least one parent and always one gender make a natural family?

Father's day has to be a bitch (pun intended)!

You are only fooling yourselves at the expense of children.

Sad.

Elk Grove, CA

#184589 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the door naked, they dont come back, in fact they will make an effort to stay far away from your house.
but who wants to stand naked in front of 2 old men?

Elk Grove, CA

#184590 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
you are the kind of bigoted old fool who i think of, when major inroads to civil liberties are being made.....because i know you ARE unhappy about them......smirk!
How old is he? How old are you? What are the ages of everyone here? Now, put that bong away!

Location hidden

#184591 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, only imposter americans that want to deny freedom in the land of the free
Mr Denial with a capital D...

Bazinga!

Elk Grove, CA

#184592 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
a young cutie from the jehovah's JUST visited me not a hour ago!!
I wish(to god) i had read your comment before that!!
she was likely WAY OFF IN LOONY RIGHTWING DING VILLE
we have droves of those types in our purple county....
Most likely it was an undercover agent spying on you.

Elk Grove, CA

#184593 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
there is nothing like winning when you didnt expect to...
that said, it feels good to win, when YOU KNOW you are right, and it is simply a matter of the court backing US up and telling the bigots to finally....SIT DOWN.!!!!!
I had that same feeling last fall, when Obama trounced thurston howell the third, and his car elevator!!
all the racist bigots were ready for a big racist hurrah!!
unfortunately for them?? they were watching faux news, and were badly mislead into thinking they would win.!!
when they were trounced firmly....
many of them act as theough the election never happed, and amercia DIDNT shoot their agenda down.
The funny part is you bought those lies...lol....He's promised to overhaul immigration law, to set a course in law against global warming, stop Iran from gaining the ability to make nuclear weapons, slash America's use of foreign oil, restrain college costs, and take a big bite out of the national debt even while protecting the heart of the big entitlement programs.

He's promised to make health insurance not only universally accessible, but "affordable," through a 2010 health care law that is finally entering prime time and will soon be tested.

Obama made a pact with voters, not historians, and he's got IOUs outstanding.

His lies on ObamaCare that you celebrated that have been broken:

1) If you like your current insurance you can keep it.
) If you like your doctor you can keep him or her.

3) The ten-year cost of Obama Care will be less than $1 trillion.

4) Obama Care will not add one dime to the deficit.

All four of these promises have been broken according to the administrationís own experts

He lied and itís going to be more expensive with less coverage? Who saw that coming? If you voted for this idiot I hope you get what you deserve!!!!!
He lied and itís going to be more expensive with less coverage? Who saw that coming? If you voted for this idiot I hope you get what you deserve!!!!!
Less Problems

La Puente, CA

#184594 Mar 25, 2013
Soda Jerks are out again, shame on them.
Less Problems

La Puente, CA

#184596 Mar 25, 2013
I'm sure they ran in a little hole over there in Glendora.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#184597 Mar 25, 2013
Tomorrow is the big day in court. It's the beginning of the end of the gay marriage bans not just in California but Pennsylvania, Texas, Mississippi, Oregon, and all of the states that deny LGBT couples equal rights under the law. Time is up bigots. June 2013. Remember that date.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184598 Mar 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part is you bought those lies...lol....He's promised to overhaul immigration law, to set a course in law against global warming, stop Iran from gaining the ability to make nuclear weapons, slash America's use of foreign oil, restrain college costs, and take a big bite out of the national debt even while protecting the heart of the big entitlement programs.
He's promised to make health insurance not only universally accessible, but "affordable," through a 2010 health care law that is finally entering prime time and will soon be tested.
Obama made a pact with voters, not historians, and he's got IOUs outstanding.
His lies on ObamaCare that you celebrated that have been broken:
1) If you like your current insurance you can keep it.
) If you like your doctor you can keep him or her.
3) The ten-year cost of Obama Care will be less than $1 trillion.
4) Obama Care will not add one dime to the deficit.
All four of these promises have been broken according to the administrationís own experts
your hysteria is just silly now.

"to set a course agianst global warming"??

hint: that would be easier if you guys stopped denying that it exists in the first place...

and with the stock market now well over 14000??

the wealthy have little to whine about....

other than the fact that their MAN isnt in the whitehouse

meanwhile your party just keeps digging their own grave, by being against things like gay marraige, legal immigration, access to womens health care and voting equality....

you can just kepp digging as far as im concerned.
Karney Worker

Sonoma, CA

#184599 Mar 25, 2013
How come when a sentor or congressman is in the washington place they is married yet they dont have kids every nine months as the bible demands? Well, either they is fruitin off in the can or doing something with rubber gloves that god dont want. Vote for Bachmann, she knows eveything and will go ahead and tell IF WE PUT HER IN THE WHITE HOUISE. God wants it and we cant go against god.

Location hidden

#184600 Mar 25, 2013
Wat the hell wrote:
Tomorrow is the big day in court. It's the beginning of the end of the gay marriage bans not just in California but Pennsylvania, Texas, Mississippi, Oregon, and all of the states that deny LGBT couples equal rights under the law. Time is up bigots. June 2013. Remember that date.
Arrogance with the deeeeep argument that the opposition is only bigotry.

Just another reason ss couples are not marriage.

Location hidden

#184601 Mar 25, 2013
poopndiek wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO.. Me thinks it is YOU that "dost protest too much"! Just like a lady!
That was the lesbian in me.

Smile.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#184602 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
for now... if DOMA falls, any challenge to the states that ban them will be easily overturned on constitutional grounds
You are on the wrong side of right and wrong, and certainly on the wrong side of history
You are so confused.

DOMA has already failed in court, and the basis for that decision was the the RIGHT to REGULATE and DEFINE marriage rested with the STATE!!! The SCOTUS upholding that decision would AFFIRM that the STATES have the power to REGULATE and DEFINE marriage. It would do NOTHING to help your argument.

You really should stop pretending that you understand the legal system.

Elk Grove, CA

#184603 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
your hysteria is just silly now.
"to set a course agianst global warming"??
hint: that would be easier if you guys stopped denying that it exists in the first place...
Most all the R's have been suckered into it. They discovered that it's another money grab that the liberals have been using for awhile.

Location hidden

#184604 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a matter of degree, the far left of the democratic party is a small minority and has no real voice in the party.
Not so with the far right for the Republican party, who are currently vetting every nominee. Rush speaks to them every day, they will only watch Faux news.
3rd party is likely to happen in the next 20 years, the republicans will spin off the Tea Party
But like other 3rd parties I donít expect it will survive.
If you buy this nonsense you really need to get your head checked.

If the "far right" had the clout you claim Romney would have never made it to NH in the Primary.

Location hidden

#184605 Mar 25, 2013
How sad is it that there are generally 6-8 people who have no life, and spend their lonely days trolling the thread to post judge-it's not based on the content of the post, but based on the name attached to the post?

How much sadder would it be if there was only 1 person?

Seriously, look at the judge-its. With near 100% accuracy you will see page after page, 6-8 judge-it's.

So sad.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184606 Mar 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
How sad is it that there are generally 6-8 people who have no life, and spend their lonely days trolling the thread to post judge-it's not based on the content of the post, but based on the name attached to the post?
How much sadder would it be if there was only 1 person?
Seriously, look at the judge-its. With near 100% accuracy you will see page after page, 6-8 judge-it's.
So sad.
you are right here with, us mr. pursuit of liberty for all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 26 min Pietro Armando 4,967
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 37 min Fa-Foxy 1,891
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Brian_G 5,419
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr cpeter1313 2,818
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 26
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 1 hr NorCal Native 1,195
The Thursday Night NE Jade Thread 2 hr Sidney 6
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 hr RevKen 26,658
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 5 hr Your blood we hope 21
More from around the web