Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,177)

Showing posts 143,521 - 143,540 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Biden talked about the economy....you must have missed the 47% and Ryans 30%.
BIDEN, when asked who would pay more taxes in Obama's second term: "People making a million dollars or more."

THE FACTS: Obama's proposed tax increase reaches farther down the income ladder than millionaires. He wants to roll back Bush-era tax cuts for individuals making more than $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000.

“Biden needs to laugh a little less through the Libya, Middle East, nuclear Iran segment.

If laughing and yelling and interrupting your opponent 82 times makes you a winner, then yes he won. But I just saw an old draft dodger acting like the joker laughing and showing no respect for Mr Ryan and the people that wanted to watch a debate. You do know Obama attended the wedding of the fair and balanced moderator didn't you? She should have been arrested.
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You read 66,521 posts to prove that?
A bit obsessed, are we?
But, no, people don't "convert" to gay after being married and having kids.
Some gay people feel so pressured by family and society, that they marry straight spouses. Some as a cover. Some to try to pretend themselves into being straight.
It doesn't work, of course, and some of them fail so miserably at the living the lie that they tear their families apart.
Just another reason for supporting same sex marriage - it eliminates that sort of collateral damage.
Wa Wa .. give us a break, is this true confession?? you are pathetic
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

White House records reveal that the moderator of last night's vice presidential debate, Martha Raddatz, visited Vice President Joe Biden at his official residence on March 26, 2012. Raddatz is an employee of ABC News. On at least one other occasion, Raddatz visited the White House. According to records, that visit was on December 18, 2009. The reason for that visit is not known, though her meeting appears to have taken place in the Old Executive Office Building, and not the West Wing.

Before last night's debate, Raddatz came under scrutiny after the Daily Caller revealed she had attended President Barack Obama's wedding in 1991 with her now ex-husband, Obama administration official Julius Genachowski.

The whole debate was a set up. Biden seemed to know the questions and knew he was allowed to interrupt and talk over Ryan, and Raddatz changed the topic or didn't press Biden on issues like the cover up in Libya.
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe gee taterhead, you sound as if you missed your afternoon nap. Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received. My nephew and his partner were married and just let the cat out of the bag.
and your point ????? you dumb FK !!
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

DorN wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the people cannot vote into law something which is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court is there to prevent such a thing from happening.
which they did in Baker v Nelson (and you lost in the French Supreme Court just last year)

Two Supreme Court Justices said this is going to be a total loss for you.
Watch your neighbor

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Watch your neighbor

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
White House records reveal that the moderator of last night's vice presidential debate, Martha Raddatz, visited Vice President Joe Biden at his official residence on March 26, 2012. Raddatz is an employee of ABC News. On at least one other occasion, Raddatz visited the White House. According to records, that visit was on December 18, 2009. The reason for that visit is not known, though her meeting appears to have taken place in the Old Executive Office Building, and not the West Wing.
Before last night's debate, Raddatz came under scrutiny after the Daily Caller revealed she had attended President Barack Obama's wedding in 1991 with her now ex-husband, Obama administration official Julius Genachowski.
The whole debate was a set up. Biden seemed to know the questions and knew he was allowed to interrupt and talk over Ryan, and Raddatz changed the topic or didn't press Biden on issues like the cover up in Libya.
this is truly perfect!!

first?? you freaks on the right claim the poll numbers are cooked?? now that you lost a debate???

so naturally, the moderator and joe biden are lovers!!

you guys are desperate and pathetic....

because when it comes to which party serves the masses better ?? the debate is easily won by a competant voice from the middle....

the moderator was tough on both of them if you ask me....

it was a much livelier debate, because SHE was tough as nails and up to the task.....

she didnt cut either of them off, as much as you wanted.......but that is a good thing, because sometimes the candidates say more revealing things when they go off script.

and i will say that biden interupted ryan much more than the other way around??.....but then again romney did the same thing last week and won!!

so were in agreement!
no more big debates with the boring bolshevik at the helm!!
THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>BIDEN, when asked who would pay more taxes in Obama's second term: "People making a million dollars or more."
THE FACTS: Obama's proposed tax increase reaches farther down the income ladder than millionaires. He wants to roll back Bush-era tax cuts for individuals making more than $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000.
“Biden needs to laugh a little less through the Libya, Middle East, nuclear Iran segment.
If laughing and yelling and interrupting your opponent 82 times makes you a winner, then yes he won. But I just saw an old draft dodger acting like the joker laughing and showing no respect for Mr Ryan and the people that wanted to watch a debate. You do know Obama attended the wedding of the fair and balanced moderator didn't you? She should have been arrested.
the polls say Obama is winning on that issue...

most american, contrary to what you and ayn ryan think??

make much less than 200000 a year.

the medican income for a family of two is around 58k.

most small business owners also gross well under 200000 a year.

joe's lawn service?? or

my painting business??

we are well under that number, as are the majority of small contractors.

grossing 200000 a year in the trades isnt a snap.

netting that much(or more) means you have more than just the smallest of mom and pop op's...

more randian logic that doesnt quite apply to the real world( much(beyond the relm of boardroomlandia)

Obama wants to let the bush tax cuts expire for the wealthiest amercians?? and you guys are campaigning agianst him on that issue??

good luck with that bit of (not)popularism.
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Glad I made it to this dump station, thats where all the arm pit joke are being told, and there all about the stupid republican / tea baggers too!
Winston Smith

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
and your point ????? you dumb FK !!
My point? In that post it would appear to be that you seem a bit cranky. You've confirmed it with this one. I was hoping my nephew's marriage would cheer you up a bit. I'm happy for them. Whay aren't you?
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
My point? In that post it would appear to be that you seem a bit cranky. You've confirmed it with this one. I was hoping my nephew's marriage would cheer you up a bit. I'm happy for them. Whay aren't you?
have the man and man decided on which Mom and Pop Bed and Breakfast to make honeymoon reservations at so they can sue the Christians out of the business?

And don't forget the Christian Mom and Pop wedding photographers
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

winson, it's not marriage, but why not call it man squared, "m" with a superscript 2

mathematics is a form of absolute truth, you know
karen

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So what color dress did you wear to your f.aggett nephew's wedding? How was the sloppy seconds you received in their bed at night??!
karen

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe gee taterhead, you sound as if you missed your afternoon nap. Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received. My nephew and his partner were married and just let the cat out of the bag.
You wear a condom when you gave them both a wedding present of your stubby 3" winkie??
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

THE LAST TEA BUTTLICKER wrote:
<quoted text>
the polls say Obama is winning on that issue...
most american, contrary to what you and ayn ryan think??
make much less than 200000 a year.
Mr Buttlicker

Not all the polls say that. Who is "ayn ryan"?
So if we are going to tax hard anyone making over 200k why does Obama not mention that and keep saying millionaires? Will making higher taxes on small business 200k be a good thing for the future of that business? Will they have to lay off or hire more part timers? Or since don't make that much like Joe's Landscaping, who cares?

Riccardo
Comic Relief

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

It's Friday so what else can you say?
Winston Smith

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

karen wrote:
<quoted text>
So what color dress did you wear to your f.aggett nephew's wedding? How was the sloppy seconds you received in their bed at night??!
I see the idiots are coming out of the woodwork now. What part of "Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received." did you not understand?

Like tata, you seem to have some anger issues, karen. Probably deep seated in your own sexual frustration.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
the debates seem to only have time for the economy and foriegn affairs...
I wish there were more of them, like in the primaries.
then we could really air out the laundry....
like that there have been well over 1000 bills introduced at the state level by the teapublican party to restrict womens health care.
across the board@!!
we found out that they actually REALLY DONT like birth control...
and they are still trying to push personhood amendments(for fetus's), even though one lost in misssisippi by 19 points and in colorado by 38 points.
vaginal probes????
need I say more?? OK.
from analyzing this political strategy, I can only guess that the reep-publican are running out of dupable constituents....
so they NEED to support policies that produce inbred children, like NO CONDOMS and NO abortion in any cases, including being raped by your dad or brother.
The question needs to be: Do they have an exit strategy for their war on women?
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a bit cranky, as a matter of fact I am very happy, I am happy that in a few hours from now I will be enjoying an evenning with a very hot sexy woman. I could care less about the two queer bois that secretly went off and elopped. Any more stupid questions ?? why don't you spend the honeymoon with them you fag

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,521 - 143,540 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••