Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,441 - 143,460 of 200,325 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the biggest OFF topic idiot on the thread! POT meet Kettle! Hypocrite! LOL
Old Man Dad

I try to stay off topic since there is nothing new to add. So why are you trying so hard to make sure others are now? I notice every one of your sentences contain insult, do you write to your boyfriend like that?

Riccardo
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Why the normalphobia?
Ronald
Ronald

I like that, good one.."normalphobia"

Riccardo
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
Thinking the judge-its are legit. Priceless! You're killing us tonight jackass.
What time machine to the pathetic did you pull your 'Jerky Boys' avatar from? That schtick was lame 20 years ago. If you're going to cling desperately to the past, at least cling to something that was funny.

Do you still play the tapes in your IROC?
Typical repubs idiot

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Ya got to have missed this all togehter.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>What time machine to the pathetic did you pull your 'Jerky Boys' avatar from? That schtick was lame 20 years ago. If you're going to cling desperately to the past, at least cling to something that was funny.
Do you still play the tapes in your IROC?
Says the jackass who names himself "frisbee" which is a silly toy from over 50 years ago. Priceless!
Old Grand Dad

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Old Man Dad
I try to stay off topic since there is nothing new to add. So why are you trying so hard to make sure others are now? I notice every one of your sentences contain insult, do you write to your boyfriend like that?
Riccardo
Well if you no longer have anything relevant to say about the topic at hand might I suggest you hit the road jack and go to a thread where you do have something relevant to add (even then I highly doubt so!)? LOL,I find that the only things that you faux Christian bigots have to say negative about gays is either something to do with religion which has NO bearing on the topic or just plain old garden variety tired OLD stereotypical predigests which also have nothing to do with the topic of the thread! Sorry but I'll stick with our Constitution and the 14th Amendment which proves that gays are being treated unfairly when it comes to marriage equality and the Constitution backs them up! And here is a link which backs up my contentions! Oh,and by the way,please let my wife of 35 years and my 3 kids know that I'm gay! LOL,It will surely be news to them! I guess if I say you're gay also it must be true,except that you're still hiding in that proverbial closet of self despair!

Why Prop 8 is and was Unconstitutional,now confirmed by 2 courts

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
Winston Smith

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you ... I get it from you and your very odd friends LMAO
That is incorrect, tater. You acquired your stupidity the natural way. In other words, you were born that way.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when forced legislation makes us accept it as normal. yech.
"Forced" normal?

Well, I guess it would be for you, since you are obviously not old enough to vote.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you hadn't noticed, it is our country , too. With the laws being changed to suit a minority. We liked it the way it was, so if you want to accept them so freely, why don't YOU get the f_ck out of OUR country, where everything was good, and go form yourself a new one ?
Why don't you ask yourself why you are so pleased with the fact that you require government permission to enter into a union with another person?

Is that freedom?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. I love the decision. I'm glad interracial marriage isn't illegal.
You don't have any real arguments, so you lie about my positions.
I'm not a liar Rose. You are the one who complained about the decision because it included- Essential to our existence and survival- in its description of marriage.

You seem confused, but what's new?
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you no longer have anything relevant to say about the topic at hand might I suggest you hit the road jack and go to a thread where you do have something relevant to add (even then I highly doubt so!)? LOL,I find that the only things that you faux Christian bigots have to say negative about gays is either something to do with religion which has NO bearing on the topic or just plain old garden variety tired OLD stereotypical predigests which also have nothing to do with the topic of the thread! Sorry but I'll stick with our Constitution and the 14th Amendment which proves that gays are being treated unfairly when it comes to marriage equality and the Constitution backs them up! And here is a link which backs up my contentions! Oh,and by the way,please let my wife of 35 years and my 3 kids know that I'm gay! LOL,It will surely be news to them! I guess if I say you're gay also it must be true,except that you're still hiding in that proverbial closet of self despair!
Why Prop 8 is and was Unconstitutional,now confirmed by 2 courts
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
Old Crab man

You just added Nothing. 66,521 posts ago, someone already said what you just wrote. Are you a parrot? I'd rather let your family know what they most likely already do know, that you are a crabby old man that is normalphobic. A gay wannabe. I have heard of many men and women convert to gay after being married and with kids. You prove nothing by adding your personal garbage that anybody can write anything.

Riccardo
Old Grand Dad

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Old Crab man
You just added Nothing. 66,521 posts ago, someone already said what you just wrote. Are you a parrot? I'd rather let your family know what they most likely already do know, that you are a crabby old man that is normalphobic. A gay wannabe. I have heard of many men and women convert to gay after being married and with kids. You prove nothing by adding your personal garbage that anybody can write anything.
Riccardo
Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,babbl e,babble,babble,babble,babble! LOL,There a more intelligent post than yours! Then get the F off the thread or quit spamming with your unintelligent continuous bigoted blabber! By the way those married guys you spoke of were either bi-sexual or straight up gay and in the closet,kinda like you I guess! How about you go read that fairytale and let the grownups talk!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,babbl e,babble,babble,babble,babble! LOL,There a more intelligent post than yours! Then get the F off the thread or quit spamming with your unintelligent continuous bigoted blabber! By the way those married guys you spoke of were either bi-sexual or straight up gay and in the closet,kinda like you I guess! How about you go read that fairytale and let the grownups talk!
Old Crab dad

Your post is off topic. More BS....Shame on you!

Riccardo
JoRo

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

America...the country where the tail wags the dog.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Old Crab man
Riccardo
You read 66,521 posts to prove that?

A bit obsessed, are we?

But, no, people don't "convert" to gay after being married and having kids.

Some gay people feel so pressured by family and society, that they marry straight spouses. Some as a cover. Some to try to pretend themselves into being straight.

It doesn't work, of course, and some of them fail so miserably at the living the lie that they tear their families apart.

Just another reason for supporting same sex marriage - it eliminates that sort of collateral damage.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

JoRo wrote:
America...the country where the tail wags the dog.
I have a small dog, and when her tail wags, so does the rest of her body. It's natural.
Skieeder

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Just like a typical republican thinking alcohol is the key to wash away personal problems.

Just look how many ratty comments have been posted about this topic, these repubicans think they can change people with their stupid postings.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Skieeder wrote:
Just like a typical republican thinking alcohol is the key to wash away personal problems.
Just look how many ratty comments have been posted about this topic, these repubicans think they can change people with their stupid postings.
SO you're gay. Well bless you and suck it up
BigProfs

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Nothing better than a good day on the rock.
Chaune

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

BigProfs wrote:
Nothing better than a good day on the rock.
And you too well bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••