Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,801

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more
Winston Smith

Fredericksburg, VA

#158504 Sep 8, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
the sky didnt part in 1973 because of Hooker and it has nothing to do with true science
post-APA 1973:
1980--William Friedkin's sequel to The Exorcist about gays was even more terrifying
1992 World Health Org did what APA did in 1973
it's political not scientific
Well jacquesass, tell us what a work of fiction like The Exorcist has to do with gays. I'm really going to enjoy hearing this load of crap. You may use either character to answer, jacquesass or Professor Marvel. I don't care which. Thanks in advance.
Winston Smith

Fredericksburg, VA

#158505 Sep 8, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Winston, you weren't specific -- and the reason you weren't specific is because your understanding of these things goes no deeper than the LGBT rhetoric you pick up here.
And it's a pattern with you: You proclaim an LGBT slogan; I challenge you on it, you run from the discussion the way Dracula runs from the morning sun.
Dr. Hooker presented her study to the APA in Chicago in 1956.
Why did the APA continue to list homosexuality as a mental disorder until 1973?
You don't know the answer because your LGBT rhetoric doesn't cover detailed answers of this sort. But there's no rush, Winnie. I'll give you time to research a bullshit.
Why?
Because I like stupid bastards like you.
I'm you're friend.
Quite funny, Gary. Now, reveal to us hundreds of studies showing homosexuality is a mental disorder.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#158506 Sep 8, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
What's my "real name," bird brain?
See? You really don't know, do you?
You read what these homosexuals say and don't question it -- which is fine... just don't protest so much when I call you an idiot for doing it, OK?
YOU complained about people posting your real name. Were you lying?
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not equal rights, you meathead. That's a pick-up line Larry Brinkin used on a towel boy at his local bathhouse.
Did you go for it?
Prof Marvel wrote:
<
And the reason why I know it's not equal rights is because I researched it all the way back to the Greeks and Romans and never has anyone -- gay, straight, or neuter!-- defined equal rights as the right for a man to marry a man.
I notice you didn't say anything about a woman getting married to a woman. Your fixation on gay men is interesting.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Never.
But I could be wrong.
But I'm from Missouri -- show me I'm wrong.
A non issue. You are appealing to tradition. A logical fallacy.
Now, deal with the issue.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should have that same right.
Can you come up with a logical reason she shouldn't?
LifeSavers

West Covina, CA

#158508 Sep 8, 2012
Never give a sucker an even break.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#158509 Sep 8, 2012
==========

Regnerus Study Update – University of Texas Rejects Allegations of Scientific Misconduct

Submitted by Admin on August 31, 2012 – 10:00 amNo Comment

The University of Texas at Austin has determined that no formal investigation is warranted into the allegations of scientific misconduct lodged against associate professor Mark Regnerus regarding his July article in the journal Social Science Research.

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2012/08/29/regneru...

==========

To sum up: no evidence Regnerus engage in ethical or academic violations or incompetence. Therefore, his study now becomes the gold standard.

Atlanta, GA

#158510 Sep 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU complained about people posting your real name. Were you lying?
<quoted text>
I could have been -- or I could have been using a pen name, talking about a different name, or never posted my name at all.

The point here, is you published a claim someone else made -- based on no more than the fact the person said it.

And we know this because I never published any name here at all --your homosexual pals claimed I did, but I never did.
I notice you didn't say anything about a woman getting married to a woman. Your fixation on gay men is interesting.
Of course it is when you see everything from the prism of homosexuality. But that's not normal ... or healthy --and underlines what's fundamentally wrong with you people -- you sexualize everything.
A non issue. You are appealing to tradition. A logical fallacy.
Now, deal with the issue.
And you're appealing to marital law which is based on the English common law tradition.
A man can marry a woman, so a woman should have that same right.
Can you come up with a logical reason she shouldn't?
Can you come up with a logical reason why a woman should marry a man?
LifeSavers

West Covina, CA

#158511 Sep 8, 2012
Just another typical dsy of watching the looney's post their filthy, nasty, racists and potty mouthed comments and trying to call them posts.

North Hollywood, CA

#158512 Sep 8, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have been -- or I could have been using a pen name, talking about a different name, or never posted my name at all.
The point here, is you published a claim someone else made -- based on no more than the fact the person said it.
You said it was your real name...
Prof Marvel wrote:
And we know this because I never published any name here at all --your homosexual pals claimed I did, but I never did.
<quoted text>
Sure.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Of course it is when you see everything from the prism of homosexuality. But that's not normal ... or healthy --and underlines what's fundamentally wrong with you people -- you sexualize everything.
That's rich coming from you!

Prof Marvel wrote:
And you're appealing to marital law which is based on the English common law tradition.
Can you come up with a logical reason why a woman should marry a man?
Dodge.
Can you come up with a logical reason why a woman shouldn't be able to marry a woman?
Answer, or just admit you can't.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#158513 Sep 8, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a tw*t.
<quoted text>
You're a self-hating tw*t.
Call me when you get out of grade school.
Floggers

West Covina, CA

#158514 Sep 8, 2012
My,my,my glad to hear the fools haven't left the hill.
Dude

Newark, DE

#158515 Sep 8, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me when you get out of grade school.
*grad school

:D

Atlanta, GA

#158516 Sep 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it was your real name...
You're lying again -- but prove me wrong: provide a cite.
Can you come up with a logical reason why a woman shouldn't be able to marry a woman?
Yes.

Because the Regnerus study indicated the children of lesbian parents turn out disasters.

North Hollywood, CA

#158517 Sep 8, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again -- but prove me wrong: provide a cite.
<quoted text>
Not going to go though all these posts. People know what you wrote.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Yes.
Because the Regnerus study indicated the children of lesbian parents turn out disasters.
Rose's Law
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Not going to bother with the study because it has nothing to do with women getting married to each other. They can marry and not raise children, or raise children and not marry.
Try again, stupid.
You are a disaster.
Humongous Hetero Huey

Höst, Germany

#158518 Sep 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give two:

1. It's ridiculous.
2. See reason 1.

Can you give me a logical reason why I can't marry a tree?

North Hollywood, CA

#158519 Sep 8, 2012
Humongous Hetero Huey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give two:
1. It's ridiculous.
2. See reason 1.
Just admit you don't have an argument.
Humongous Hetero Huey wrote:
Can you give me a logical reason why I can't marry a tree?
Trees have standards.
Quota

West Covina, CA

#158520 Sep 8, 2012
Have you filled your quota today?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#158521 Sep 8, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
==========
Regnerus Study Update – University of Texas Rejects Allegations of Scientific Misconduct
Submitted by Admin on August 31, 2012 – 10:00 amNo Comment
The University of Texas at Austin has determined that no formal investigation is warranted into the allegations of scientific misconduct lodged against associate professor Mark Regnerus regarding his July article in the journal Social Science Research.
http://www.utexas.edu/news/2012/08/29/regneru...
==========
To sum up: no evidence Regnerus engage in ethical or academic violations or incompetence. Therefore, his study now becomes the gold standard.
Thank you for the update!

I was just told on here that it had been totally discredited, can you believe that???

Why would someone lie like that???

Wishful thinking???

What a night for smirking!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#158522 Sep 8, 2012
University of Texas at Austin Completes Inquiry into Allegations of Scientific Misconduct

Aug. 29, 2012

AUSTIN, Texas — The University of Texas at Austin has determined that no formal investigation is warranted into the allegations of scientific misconduct lodged against associate professor Mark Regnerus regarding his July article in the journal Social Science Research.

As required by its Revised Handbook of Operating Procedures, the university conducted an inquiry to determine whether the accusations made by writer Scott Rose had merit and warranted a formal investigation. After consulting with a four-member advisory panel composed of senior university faculty members, the Office of the Vice President for Research concluded in a report on Aug. 24 that there is insufficient evidence to warrant an investigation.

Provost and Executive Vice President Steven Leslie accepted the report on Tuesday and deemed the matter closed from an institutional perspective.

As part of the inquiry, the university hired Dr. Alan Price to ensure that the inquiry was conducted appropriately and fairly. Price, a private consultant, is former associate director of the Office of Research Integrity in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Price found that the inquiry was handled in a manner consistent with university policy and indicated the process was “also consistent with federal regulatory requirements of inquiries into research misconduct.”

The allegations raised by Rose fall under the university’s definition of scientific misconduct, which states, in part, that “ordinary errors, good faith differences in interpretations or judgments of data, scholarly or political disagreements, good faith personal or professional opinions, or private moral or ethical behavior or views are not misconduct.”

As with much university research, Regnerus’ New Family Structures Study touches on a controversial and highly personal issue that is currently being debated by society at large. The university expects the scholarly community will continue to evaluate and report on the findings of the Regnerus article and supports such discussion.
jacques renault

Justice, IL

#158523 Sep 8, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well jacquesass, tell us what a work of fiction like The Exorcist has to do with gays. I'm really going to enjoy hearing this load of crap. You may use either character to answer, jacquesass or Professor Marvel. I don't care which. Thanks in advance.
im worried about:

(a) your location showed as Chicago again (b) there are reports of a yellow-bellied sapsucker in the park

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#158524 Sep 8, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the update!
I was just told on here that it had been totally discredited, can you believe that???
Why would someone lie like that???
Wishful thinking???
What a night for smirking!
I know that you're challenged in this regard, but read what UT actually says. It only says that Regnerus didn't engage in any unethical actions. It DOESN'T say that his study has merit, and it certainly doesn't say that his "evidence" (as such) supports the conclusions that he and his conservative funders proclaim.

UT is silent on the merits of the study; it's only response is to claims of unethical scientific conduct.

If this study is the "gold standard", someone's been fooled by pyrite. This study is junk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Poof1 17,828
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 min Justin 30,921
News Indiana lawmakers try to quiet firestorm surrou... 6 min Anonymous of Indy 67
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 8 min Marcavage s Trick 129
News Fight over religious objection proposals shifts... 8 min spocko 3
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 10 min Nine Ball 58,914
News The Hoosier Nuremberg Laws 11 min TAAM 48
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 1 hr Pietro Armando 780
More from around the web