Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,317

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Since: Jun 12

Roseville, CA

#151319 Jul 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, I never said the Constitution "bans" same sex marriage.
This is why having this conversation isn't worth having with idiots like you, you don't even comprehend what the argument is.
Well then...exactly what is it.

Either the Constitution protects U.S. citizens a full set of rights, liberties of freedoms which do not produce harm or it does not.

There is no fence riding here game player...
C Pepper

Monrovia, CA

#151320 Jul 21, 2012
Thats Crack Pepper to yu buddy.

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Roseville, CA

#151321 Jul 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, considering your location is hidden.
BTW, what major revelation do you feel we would come to by meeting? Would would still be shown to be an idiot, yet you would come on here and simply preach about how you "handed my a$$ to me". It would be no different than what happens here, where you provide no actual argument to refute any of my statements in regards to the Constitution. I know it's hard to do when they aren't my opinions but in fact the opinions of the very men who drafted it- that's why I cite them so often.
Yet I told you my name and location.

Again - yours??

Ohhh...you think it manly to show your location in an anonymous thread.

OOOOoooo. LOL!!

OK..I'll show it as Sacramento, like I stated. And your name again????

I'm not into games buddy. No time for it. I summed it up very simply. Do you or do you not believe the Constitution and it's adjoining Amendments protect a U.S. citizens ability to hold a life with a full set of liberties and freedoms unless those liberties produce harm?

Pretty simple question game player.
Reality

Madison, WI

#151322 Jul 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, I never said the Constitution "bans" same sex marriage.
This is why having this conversation isn't worth having with idiots like you, you don't even comprehend what the argument is.
We get the argument, what is sad is that you don't. We understand that Prop 8 is unconstitutional, the problem is you don't. Have a great day my little buckaroo.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151323 Jul 21, 2012
Boogle Eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
I did and this is your attempt at a deflection.
If you can't answer the question at hand 'akpilot' then you in turn have decided not to debate the point made given you either cannot come up with a response or know you have one.
Next.
You haven't made an argument, make one and I may be so inclined to respond.

Simply saying something isn't true because you don't think so isn't an argument, you must present supporting evidence. I have no interest in debating your personal opinion of the Constitution, it is irrelevant. Your opinion is no more relevant to a Constitutional discussion than mine is, that's why I cite the founder's, and when it comes to debates in regards to Amendment's I cite the men who drafted them and the statement's of those in State Legislatures where said Amendment was ratified.

The Constitution and said Amendments are contracts with the State and the People, as such the terms do not change simply because you "don't like it." There is a process to change it, see US Constitution Article V.

“Thou Shalt Not Spill”

Roseville, CA

#151324 Jul 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't made an argument, make one and I may be so inclined to respond.
Simply saying something isn't true because you don't think so isn't an argument, you must present supporting evidence. I have no interest in debating your personal opinion of the Constitution, it is irrelevant. Your opinion is no more relevant to a Constitutional discussion than mine is, that's why I cite the founder's, and when it comes to debates in regards to Amendment's I cite the men who drafted them and the statement's of those in State Legislatures where said Amendment was ratified.
The Constitution and said Amendments are contracts with the State and the People, as such the terms do not change simply because you "don't like it." There is a process to change it, see US Constitution Article V.
Good night game player.

Stay hidden...it suits you.

I made my point and you made yours given you'd rather deflect than answer.

Location hidden

#151325 Jul 21, 2012
Boogle Eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then...exactly what is it.
Either the Constitution protects U.S. citizens a full set of rights, liberties of freedoms which do not produce harm or it does not.
There is no fence riding here game player...
There is no fence riding you idiot.

The Constitution is silent on marriage, it is a State issue. If you have trouble understanding that read the 9th and 10th Amendment's.

If you have trouble understanding why the 14th Amendment doesn't apply, read the Congressional debates on the Amendment and what it meant, you could also read Hernandez v Robles.

Having equal right's doesn't mean that you can do as you damn well please.

Location hidden

#151326 Jul 21, 2012
Boogle Eyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I told you my name and location.
Again - yours??
No, you told me A name and A location, something which cannot be verified.

Look, I can do it too- My name is Dan Crook and I live in Sacramento.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#151327 Jul 21, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Rose, get back to us when you have something new. We have been through the Loving case in great detail, and each and every time it is explained to you why you are wrong- with the words of the court, not mine- your response is always the same- "whatever", then you start all over again from the beginning as if somehow the result will change in your favor by ignoring the subsequent conversation.

You must actually present an honest argument, claiming you've proven someone wrong and lying about what a person has said is not a debate.
Stop Watch

Monrovia, CA

#151328 Jul 21, 2012
What took you so long, get off your chair and get back to work!

Location hidden

#151329 Jul 21, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must actually present an honest argument, claiming you've proven someone wrong and lying about what a person has said is not a debate.
Yes, you must. How about you give it a try?

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#151330 Jul 21, 2012
KiMare wrote:
You take gay twirl to a new level of idiocy...
This passage is Jesus preforming a gay marriage?
The parallel passage in Luke 7 says the Centurion sent Jewish elders to make the appeal. In a Jewish culture, do you have any idea how idiotically unlikely that would occur is for a gay lover, let alone a gay 'marriage'?
You may be Squat the Tyler, but your initials are BS.
If you are still not convinced Jesus was a queer marriage supporter look up David and Jonathan and Ruth and Naomi. Both are male same sex unions and female same sex unions. Death with it.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#151332 Jul 21, 2012
Roisia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right. Christians should have the RIGHT to vote every other group UNWORTHY of being Equal The right to VOTE to kick all gays and tyrannies out of the United states. Because after all this is America and were not about equality were about Christianity. After all the constitution states in amendment 28 that all gays are evil and any one who supports them are not true americans. It expressly gives the citizens the right to ignore the civil rights of gays and make laws that make them unworthy of equality.
Oh wait thats right no one has the right to vote against peoples rights. After all we are americans too and this is not a democracy you right wing idiot. This is a democratic republic. Meaning all people have the same rights. You have the Right to MARRY the on you LOVE so should the LGBT.
First off, 12 year olds should not even be on this post so go to bed. Your individual rights don't mean squat, this is a democratic s o c i e t y , society- a group of people who decide who is to decide for us. We vote for someone who makes the decisions. Your little whiney wishes don't mean crap to the rest of us. You want your way then go away. Don't cry about not getting your way because only YOU want something. When you un-snatch from your mama's tit and have to make it on your own you'll have more things to think about. Graduate high school first loser.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#151333 Jul 21, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, you can't counter my arguments.
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter if it's "new" or not, because it's true.
Loving v VA is an example of Federal regulation of marriage laws.
Loving v VA sites the 14th Amendment.
You can't deal with the actual content of my posts, so you call me names.
I still like the picture ro-ho. Still sporting those cankles huh? Looks like a pork sausage roll.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151335 Jul 21, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... I thought you were going to tell us that the toddlers all broke out laughing and said that's not daddy that's mommy. LMAO
LOL They probably did. I think many of them thought it was funny how she called her mannish-looking butch step-mother "daddy". The toddlers were right though---just because a woman dresses like man, doesn't make her a man. Me thinks gays are teaching "their" kids lies.

Reminds me of a South Park joke: Just because you make your look like a dolphin, doesn't make you a dolphin. LOL

One things for sure, it's saying alot when a toddler can tell the difference between a man & a woman, while gays can't.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151336 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a nasty lil troll.........why don't you get a life!!!
LOL I can tell you're a fatass just by the size of your hand in your avatar LOL

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#151337 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I can tell you're a fatass just by the size of your hand in your avatar LOL
Are ya sure that's my hand? By the way, it is.....but it is not anything but regular size........sorry, but where is your picture? Oh that's right.....you're to afraid to show that ugly mug of yours.......lol!!!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151338 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did it take so long for interracial marriage to not violate the law? Why did it take another 30 years or so before most accepted it?
I'm not sure where you get this journey has been a walk in the park, because it hasn't been.....it has been a tough fight, but ground is being made.
Ugh. I hate it when gays always try to equate themselves with blacks it comes to civil rights.

Interracial marriage & homosexual marriage are NOT the same.

In a interracial marriage, there is one MAN & one WOMAN, so they fulfill in creating human life & providing a stable environment for the child to grow up with morals & values---the man being the father, & the woman being the mother. It is a HETEROSEXUAL union. It doesn't matter if what skin color the husband & wife are, they still

In a gay marriage, neither partner can reproduce naturally, which makes it pretty much useless. They have to really on a surrogate mother or a turkey baster. So the child grows up with without a mom or a dad. There is no such thing as a child with "2 moms" or "2 dads". In a female gay marriage, there is mother, a step-mother, & a father---preferable a sperm donar (that is never to be mentioned), & in male gay marriage, their is a father, a step-father, & a mother---preferable a surrogate mother---(which is also never to be brought up). That's why children of gays end up being depraved. That's why children of gays are twice as likely to be homosexuals. That's why children of gays have more social & emotional problems than children raised with a mom & a dad. The same could be said for children raised in single-parent households.

interracial marriage = straight marriage
gay marriage != straight marriage

What part of that concept don't you queers understand?
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151339 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are ya sure that's my hand? By the way, it is.....but it is not anything but regular size........sorry, but where is your picture? Oh that's right.....you're to afraid to show that ugly mug of yours.......lol!!!
"Are ya sure that's my hand? By the way, it is"
-Well, DUH

"but it is not anything but regular size"
-LOL I can believe that, seeing how fat it is..ROFL

"sorry, but where is your picture?"
-i don't need one

"Oh that's right.....you're to afraid to show that ugly mug of yours.......lol!!!"
-LOL Look who's talking

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#151340 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
...That's why children of gays end up being depraved. That's why children of gays are twice as likely to be homosexuals. That's why children of gays have more social & emotional problems than children raised with a mom & a dad...
If you really believe this to be true, use the computer you are on to look up the facts - it's NOT true.

If you already know it's not true, why bother posting something that fools nobody?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Jindal's Love Affair With Hate 7 min kuda 42
Judge: Marriage licenses should be issued to ga... 8 min NorCal Native 14
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 9 min Muldoon 3,066
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 min Wondering 8,652
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 11 min Not Yet Equal 6,288
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 13 min Anonymous 57,182
Judge Roy Moore Speaks About Alabama Gay Marriage 15 min Cujo 45
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 23 min Cali Girl 2014 68,750
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 1 hr Not Yet Equal 567
Victim testifies at Boy Scout sex trial about m... 2 hr Norton 93
More from around the web