Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201887 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151336 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a nasty lil troll.........why don't you get a life!!!
LOL I can tell you're a fatass just by the size of your hand in your avatar LOL

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#151337 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I can tell you're a fatass just by the size of your hand in your avatar LOL
Are ya sure that's my hand? By the way, it is.....but it is not anything but regular size........sorry, but where is your picture? Oh that's right.....you're to afraid to show that ugly mug of yours.......lol!!!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151338 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did it take so long for interracial marriage to not violate the law? Why did it take another 30 years or so before most accepted it?
I'm not sure where you get this journey has been a walk in the park, because it hasn't been.....it has been a tough fight, but ground is being made.
Ugh. I hate it when gays always try to equate themselves with blacks it comes to civil rights.

Interracial marriage & homosexual marriage are NOT the same.

In a interracial marriage, there is one MAN & one WOMAN, so they fulfill in creating human life & providing a stable environment for the child to grow up with morals & values---the man being the father, & the woman being the mother. It is a HETEROSEXUAL union. It doesn't matter if what skin color the husband & wife are, they still

In a gay marriage, neither partner can reproduce naturally, which makes it pretty much useless. They have to really on a surrogate mother or a turkey baster. So the child grows up with without a mom or a dad. There is no such thing as a child with "2 moms" or "2 dads". In a female gay marriage, there is mother, a step-mother, & a father---preferable a sperm donar (that is never to be mentioned), & in male gay marriage, their is a father, a step-father, & a mother---preferable a surrogate mother---(which is also never to be brought up). That's why children of gays end up being depraved. That's why children of gays are twice as likely to be homosexuals. That's why children of gays have more social & emotional problems than children raised with a mom & a dad. The same could be said for children raised in single-parent households.

interracial marriage = straight marriage
gay marriage != straight marriage

What part of that concept don't you queers understand?
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151339 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are ya sure that's my hand? By the way, it is.....but it is not anything but regular size........sorry, but where is your picture? Oh that's right.....you're to afraid to show that ugly mug of yours.......lol!!!
"Are ya sure that's my hand? By the way, it is"
-Well, DUH

"but it is not anything but regular size"
-LOL I can believe that, seeing how fat it is..ROFL

"sorry, but where is your picture?"
-i don't need one

"Oh that's right.....you're to afraid to show that ugly mug of yours.......lol!!!"
-LOL Look who's talking

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#151340 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
...That's why children of gays end up being depraved. That's why children of gays are twice as likely to be homosexuals. That's why children of gays have more social & emotional problems than children raised with a mom & a dad...
If you really believe this to be true, use the computer you are on to look up the facts - it's NOT true.

If you already know it's not true, why bother posting something that fools nobody?
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151341 Jul 22, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You made that story up.
<quoted text>
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
"You made that story up."
-No I didn't. My mom tells me everything that goes on in her work

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
-COOL STORY BRO
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#151342 Jul 22, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really believe this to be true, use the computer you are on to look up the facts - it's NOT true.
If you already know it's not true, why bother posting something that fools nobody?
Bitch please...I grew up in a single-parent household. I don't need a computer to tell me a mother & father is best for a child. I know because I LIVED THROUGH IT. The divorce of my parents traumatized me as a child. I went through years of episodes & mental breakdowns. I was all fine & dandy until my parents broke up. I was fortunate to see my father once a week...most kids aren't as lucky. And I have seen more well-behaved kids in a mother & father family than in a single-parent household, just by observing my mom's friends & my own friends. And since kids of gay parents don't have any real mother & father-role models, I would expect the child to suffer to same fate. Also I heard gay relationships don't last long either. The average gay relationship last 2 yrs.

Don't tell me the type of parents don't affect the child, because I know from experience it DOES.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#151343 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. I hate it when gays always try to equate themselves with blacks it comes to civil rights.
In a interracial marriage, there is one MAN & one WOMAN, so they fulfill in creating human life & providing a stable environment for the child to grow up with morals & values---the man being the father, & the woman being the mother. It is a HETEROSEXUAL union. It doesn't matter if what skin color the husband & wife are, they still
In a gay marriage, neither partner can reproduce naturally, which makes it pretty much useless. They have to really on a surrogate mother or a turkey baster. So the child grows up with without a mom or a dad. There is no such thing as a child with "2 moms" or "2 dads". In a female gay marriage, there is mother, a step-mother, & a father---preferable a sperm donar (that is never to be mentioned), & in male gay marriage, their is a father, a step-father, & a mother---preferable a surrogate mother---(which is also never to be brought up). That's why children of gays end up being depraved. That's why children of gays are twice as likely to be homosexuals. That's why children of gays have more social & emotional problems than children raised with a mom & a dad. The same could be said for children raised in single-parent households.
Wow, really......is reading comprehension a problem for you? I'm well aware that interracial marriage 40 years ago involved a man and a woman, but that doesn't explain why it was still illegal for Richard Loving to marry Mildred in Virginia, right?

Children raised in Same-Sex households grow-up with great morals and values as well.......I mean how about the man who killed 12 people and injured 50 others......he was a straight Christian, probably raised by loving Christian heterosexual parents......look at the morals he had, right?

the old reproduction issue again.....well, my aunt and uncle can not reproduce the good old fashion way, yet, they are still legally married and have been for over 38 years. My sister and Brother-in-law have been married for almost 14 years.....have no biological children between them.....still married though. My wife and I have children from previous relationships, none between us though and we couldn't have them even if it were possible with medical intervention......I'm close to 50 and my wife is in her mid-40's.......and guess what, we're still as married as both of our family members are:-)

You'd be wrong in that the sperm donor is never mentioned.....it really depends on the couple and the relationship they may have......but the same can be said for an opposite-sex couple who uses a sperm donor or an egg donor.........and besides, in a Same-Sex parent household that involves 2 Lesbians, the child is not without male influence because the couple has brothers, uncles and fathers who give plenty of positive male role models:-)

Oh another fallacy is that if a child is raised by Gay or Lesbian parents, they themselves USUALLY don't become Gay or Lesbian.....it's not taught, in fact it is usually straight parents that end up having Gay or Lesbian children.......and if a child happened to be born in what is known as a mixed-orientation relationship......well, that child could be Gay or Lesbian or Straight.....even possible to be Bisexual........but a child's sexual orientation is irrelevant to the parents sexual orientation.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#151344 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitch please...I grew up in a single-parent household. I don't need a computer to tell me a mother & father is best for a child. I know because I LIVED THROUGH IT. The divorce of my parents traumatized me as a child. I went through years of episodes & mental breakdowns. I was all fine & dandy until my parents broke up. I was fortunate to see my father once a week...most kids aren't as lucky. And I have seen more well-behaved kids in a mother & father family than in a single-parent household, just by observing my mom's friends & my own friends. And since kids of gay parents don't have any real mother & father-role models, I would expect the child to suffer to same fate. Also I heard gay relationships don't last long either. The average gay relationship last 2 yrs.
Don't tell me the type of parents don't affect the child, because I know from experience it DOES.
That's why you're upset......because you are jealous that kids being raised by 2 parents of the Same-Sex get more love and attention than you did........I'm sorry that you came from a broken home.......but you aren't the only one and kids raised by a single parent can be just as happy and healthy as kids raised by 2 parents regardless of their make-up.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#151345 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
The average gay relationship last 2 yrs.
Where the hell did ya hear that from? I was with one partner for 12 1/2 years in a monogamous relationship until her passing. I've been married to my wife for almost 4 years and we have been together for over 5 years:-)

I know LOTS of Same-Sex Couples who have been together WAY longer than 2 years......in fact most have been together for 5 years or longer:-)

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#151346 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are ya sure that's my hand? By the way, it is"
-Well, DUH
"but it is not anything but regular size"
-LOL I can believe that, seeing how fat it is..ROFL
"sorry, but where is your picture?"
-i don't need one
"Oh that's right.....you're to afraid to show that ugly mug of yours.......lol!!!"
-LOL Look who's talking
Well, it is my hand......but it could have been anyone's.......there are pictures all over the internet.......lol!!!

Wow, again, the size of my hand has little to do with my size in general.........and a picture taken at the angle that picture was taken is not a true reflection of the actual size of my hand.......but go ahead idiot and make stupid comments.....it only makes you look foolish!

I've had my actual picture up before, but where's your's? Again......to afraid to hang one up......lol!!!

Columbus

#151347 Jul 22, 2012
Here's a summary of how this argument played out - look back if you don't believe me:

ThisGuy stated that children of SSM's were more likely to be gay or have mental issues.

I stated that was untrue
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
...I grew up in a single-parent household...
Yours is a whopper of a non-sequitor. You essentially just said that you know SSM's are bad because you grew up in a single-parent household. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#151348 Jul 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is the same kind of social engineering that gave us the gay baths. The baths were supposed to have social merit -- they were supposed to make society better. Gay activists told us if everyone would drop their homophobia and attend the baths the world would be a better place.

Young gay men from rural America who were still virgins believed this propaganda and flocked to San Francisco and Greenwich Village. Four-hundred and fifty thousand of them died because they believed this propaganda.

Same sex marriage is motivated by the same wrong-headed desperation: homosexuality is at odds with society and human nature; gays are trying to fix this with same sex marriage and any other hair-brained scheme they can come up with.

Traditional marriage is the right thing to do which is why it has existed in every culture we know of since the beginning of recorded history. Same sex hasn't.

The simple fact is, as seen with bath house culture, homosexuality -- when allowed to run wild -- is a public menace.

That's allany one with sense need know about same sex marriage.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#151349 Jul 22, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
Here's a summary of how this argument played out - look back if you don't believe me:
ThisGuy stated that children of SSM's were more likely to be gay or have mental issues.
I stated that was untrue
<quoted text>
Yours is a whopper of a non-sequitor. You essentially just said that you know SSM's are bad because you grew up in a single-parent household. That doesn't make any sense at all.
There certainly isn't a shred of science that supports the claim children of same sex couples aren't more inclined to turn out gay.

But prove me wrong -- cite a study that supports this claim.

Columbus

#151350 Jul 22, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
There certainly isn't a shred of science that supports the claim children of same sex couples aren't more inclined to turn out gay.
But prove me wrong -- cite a study that supports this claim.
A 2005 review by Charlotte J. Patterson for the American Psychological Association found that the available data did not suggest higher rates of homosexuality among the children of lesbian or gay parents.

Link:
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parentin...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#151351 Jul 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
You take gay twirl to a new level of idiocy...
This passage is Jesus preforming a gay marriage?
The parallel passage in Luke 7 says the Centurion sent Jewish elders to make the appeal. In a Jewish culture, do you have any idea how idiotically unlikely that would occur is for a gay lover, let alone a gay 'marriage'?
You may be Squat the Tyler, but your initials are BS.
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are still not convinced Jesus was a queer marriage supporter look up David and Jonathan and Ruth and Naomi. Both are male same sex unions and female same sex unions. Death with it.
That's your argument?

I point out how idiotic your assertion is, so you bring up two other idiotic assertions?

By your logic now, any same gendered people paired for any reason are now in a "same sex union". EVEN IF THEY ARE IN A REAL MARRIAGE!

The frosting on your cake? "Death with it"???

Location hidden

#151352 Jul 22, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
A 2005 review by Charlotte J. Patterson for the American Psychological Association found that the available data did not suggest higher rates of homosexuality among the children of lesbian or gay parents.
Link:
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parentin...
Seems that the APA is one 'professional' organization that has trouble rating "available data".

Please provide data for the 'study' and it's parameters.

Smile.

Location hidden

#151353 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the hell did ya hear that from? I was with one partner for 12 1/2 years in a monogamous relationship until her passing. I've been married to my wife for almost 4 years and we have been together for over 5 years:-)
I know LOTS of Same-Sex Couples who have been together WAY longer than 2 years......in fact most have been together for 5 years or longer:-)
Sorry honey, the Regenrus Study shows that monogamous SS long term relationships are rare.

While lesbians tend to be more faithful, male gays are on the other end of the spectrum.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sex-murde...

Location hidden

#151354 Jul 22, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you're upset......because you are jealous that kids being raised by 2 parents of the Same-Sex get more love and attention than you did........I'm sorry that you came from a broken home.......but you aren't the only one and kids raised by a single parent can be just as happy and healthy as kids raised by 2 parents regardless of their make-up.
And you are upset because a gay couple can never provide a child one gender and one biological parent. And no other situation is more safe, loving and healthy.

Smile.

Columbus

#151355 Jul 22, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems that the APA is one 'professional' organization that has trouble rating "available data".
Please provide data for the 'study' and it's parameters.
Smile.
The data comes from a compilation of multiple studies - see pages 15-22... seven pages of sources. Enjoy the read.

Page 23 explains the methodology:
• Empirical studies specifically related to lesbian and
gay parents and their children,
• Empirical studies generally related to the fitness of
lesbians and gay men as parents,
• Reviews of empirical studies specifically related to
lesbian and gay parents and their children,
• Reviews of empirical studies generally related to
the fitness of lesbians and gay men as parents,
• Legal reviews,
• Case studies and popular works, and
• Theoretical and conceptual issues.

"Smile."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 11 min who cares 22,561
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 11 min WasteWater 2,200
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 17 min lides 43,082
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 52 min crucifiedguy 4,744
News Kentucky Has a Gay Senate Candidate - Does Anyb... 1 hr Truffles5450 20
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 6 hr Sorry Hill 54
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 7 hr guest 534
More from around the web