Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201880 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Dan

Sacramento, CA

#146070 Jun 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The point is: what is freaking left to argue here? If you want to bring up a point, you can read it here, every single point is here. What's funny is that this never stops. LOL!!!! All the points have been made, nothing, nothing will evolve out of this topix, copies won't be mailed out to the world.
It changed my mind.

I too thought gay marriage out there. It was not until diving into the TOPIX nonsense did I realize my personal ban against gay marriage was wrong.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#146071 Jun 15, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey good buddy,Fantastic! No need for you to stay on this thread any longer then! Good bye,and good luck on your future bigoted adventures Faux Christian boy! Need any help with the door? Lord forbid it hits you on your azz on your way out? Vio con dios! LOL
What difference does it make to you if I make another comment or not? Now I will stay here longer, thank you. So because I don't agree with you, I'm a bigot and a fake Christian? Who appointed you Judge? What have you added recently that wasn't already discussed a thousand times? Your name calling is all you add.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#146073 Jun 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are trying to force your views onto others. You need to define the laws for equal protection. Where does it say marriage is between a man and a man or a woman and a woman?
No one is trying to force their view on others.

For that you'd need to take a daughter, hobby car and a favorite pet feline hostage.

LOL!!

Everyone here is free to believe what they want moron.

If you don't feel good about gays marrying then right on. You're entitled to your opinion.

But to me and others it's akin to you not wanting to have round BF Goodrich tires so there you go.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#146074 Jun 15, 2012
The Pink Buffalo wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout equal protection for schoolchildren that you wish to brainwash and turn into a progressive. There aren't enough fema camps or hospitals for all the sicko's to be rounded up and let them live their final years in sin and lust to be kept away from those that wish to raise a normal healthy happy family.
Shalom!
Locate proof on this bullshit claim.

While you're doing that can you find Elvis Presley's 2010 tax return?

Idiot.

LOL!!

Get lost Buffalo.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#146075 Jun 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it make to you if I make another comment or not? Now I will stay here longer, thank you. So because I don't agree with you, I'm a bigot and a fake Christian? Who appointed you Judge? What have you added recently that wasn't already discussed a thousand times? Your name calling is all you add.
Just my opinion but I think TOPIX is your only social connection.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#146076 Jun 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are trying to force your views onto others. You need to define the laws for equal protection. Where does it say marriage is between a man and a man or a woman and a woman?
Focus on marriage.

In traditional terms it was when Johnny Hotrod met Sally Studyalot.

They were attracted to each other, had hot sex in between the front and backseat of Johnny's coupe with fifty dozen used Trojans thrown into the orchard to prove it and ended up getting married. To most this is marriage but when you think Motorcycle Mike is the hottest thing running when you're Accountant Andy only to find out Mike is looking at you as if you were freshly baked bread to a starving man only to follow the same route as Johnny and Sally I have to ask...

....what's the fucking DIFFERENCE shoeshine boy?
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#146077 Jun 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Sorry but it isn't rocket science Faux Christian bigot boy! Any and all laws that us straights are covered by under "Equal protection" Gays as full Americans should also be covered by all the same laws equally! This would include the right to marry if it is indeed one of "OUR" covered rights under The,"Equal protection" clause of the 14th amendment! See how simple that was? Never mind,most likely like the joke about the ceiling,it's over your head! By the way,why are you still here,I thought it's all been covered? LOL
Josh

Kristianstad, Sweden

#146078 Jun 15, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but it isn't rocket science Faux Christian bigot boy! Any and all laws that us straights are covered by under "Equal protection" Gays as full Americans should also be covered by all the same laws equally! This would include the right to marry if it is indeed one of "OUR" covered rights under The,"Equal protection" clause of the 14th amendment! See how simple that was? Never mind,most likely like the joke about the ceiling,it's over your head! By the way,why are you still here,I thought it's all been covered? LOL
STFU you closet case fa got!

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#146079 Jun 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
"Force", Ricardo, is when someone puts a gun to your head and demands that YOU marry a man. That has never been a goal of those advocating the recognition of same sex marriage.

Let's say that the courts overturn the ridiculous bans... "Adam" and "Steve" then move into your neighborhood... you can tell all your friends, relatives and other neighbors "As far as I'm concerned, they're not married." Freedom of speech allows for this.

Your denial, however, will not affect Adam or Steve. Neither would their marriage or their proximity to you have any affect on the relationships you are currently a part of.

Please, tell us - what do you believe is being "forced" onto you?
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#146080 Jun 15, 2012
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you closet case fa got!
Right on.

A reincarnated KKK cross burning moron!

Why not go after real whackjobs other than like those of the 'Joker' you brought back from your memories as a five year old?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/15/...

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Indianapolis, IN

#146082 Jun 16, 2012
I'm Baaaaaaack ...!
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#146083 Jun 16, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
I'm Baaaaaaack ...!
Congratulations,I see you got an early release due to over crowding? Did they make you wear an ankle monitor as a condition of your parole? Who if you're back Gayry,no one cares,as a matter of fact no one missed you at all!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#146084 Jun 16, 2012
lides wrote:
1. Feel free to illustrate any link between school curricula and same sex marriage that would render this point relevant to the topic at hand.
2. For that matter, feel free to indicate where schools address anything more damaging that then existence of homosexuality in an effort to curb bullying.

2. A book about gay families goes way beyond pointing out that gays exist. Do we really need schools to tell us gays exist? Did you not know gays existed until a school told you? The fact is this brainwashing is a fact. They want to take the minds of young children and teach them what they want them to think about homosexuality. They also want to ban the parents from interferring with these indoctrination sessions. There are states involved in 'don't say gay' legislation and that's something I'd like to see spread to every state.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#146085 Jun 16, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you could stop being such a self righteous, sanctimonious, passive aggressive bitch and read more that the first three words of a post or got hat matter more that the first paragraph of the "studies" you try to pawn off as unbiased.
It's 41% of all first marriages in America end in divorce! The number rises to 60% when it comes to second marriages, and 73% when it comes to third marriages.
That about 50% of ALL marriages...and remember that over 50% of children are born OUT OF WEDLOCK...so much for your "ideal" family!
It's great that you are on the side of "traditional marriage" with nutty azz supporter like YOU SSM is bond to become law.
My original point was that your figure of 50% of marriages ending in divorce was incorrect.

That makes ME a "self righteous, sanctimonious, passive aggressive bitch"?

By the way, your point about problems in marriage and families in America/Western world along with a host of other social ills, only accentuates the wrong direction we are on. Calling gay unions marriage would only accentuate that situation.

Location hidden

#146086 Jun 16, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Look twirly boy, you're going to have to do better to prove your point. I'm not saying that gay families aren't equal. You are. Where you fail, miserably, is in your inability to admit that the comparisons need to be done on a level playing field. You want to compare children from marriages that have maintained both biological parents (therefore unfailed marriages) to marriages that have one adoptive parent and one biological parent - the gay couples who've got children that fell into the age range dictated by the study you've cited. These, by definition are failed marriages.
If you want any credibility for your comparisons, you need to compare the subsequent homosexual relationships from failed marriages to the subsequent heterosexual relationships from failed marriages.
That I even have to explain this to you is a clear reflection of the lack of understanding that a life coach has compared to a trained psychologist. You're either too stupid to understand the concept or you're unwilling. That is your problem, not mine.
Most of the examples WERE a comparison of failed gay unions with failed marriages.

The fact that there are rarely gay unions that don't fail only substantiates my point.

Additionally, there can NEVER be a comparison of biological children in marriage with gay unions, can there?

You're either too stupid to understand the concept or you're unwilling. That is your problem, not mine.

Smile.

Location hidden

#146087 Jun 16, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
That's the part that I always laugh at, ELH... they claim to be taking the righteous road and that it's "all about the children"...
Where were these people before the whole same sex marriage question? What were they doing to protect the "traditional" marriages that were falling apart nation wide? What were they doing to "protect the children" born out of wedlock and those in single-parent homes?
"All about the children" is a lie. It is hypocracy. They do NOT care about children at all... it's their way of attacking those that they would rather bully than accept. It is immature and illogical.
My, what a breadth of judgment.

Isn't that like saying all gays are pedophiles?

Idiot.

Smile.

Location hidden

#146088 Jun 16, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus on marriage.
In traditional terms it was when Johnny Hotrod met Sally Studyalot.
They were attracted to each other, had hot sex in between the front and backseat of Johnny's coupe with fifty dozen used Trojans thrown into the orchard to prove it and ended up getting married. To most this is marriage but when you think Motorcycle Mike is the hottest thing running when you're Accountant Andy only to find out Mike is looking at you as if you were freshly baked bread to a starving man only to follow the same route as Johnny and Sally I have to ask...
....what's the fucking DIFFERENCE shoeshine boy?
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love

If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage

If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by a imposition on marriage

If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders

If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history

If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no affect

If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships

If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity

If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent

If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act

If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end

If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest

If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none

If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'

Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.

Location hidden

#146089 Jun 16, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It changed my mind.
I too thought gay marriage out there. It was not until diving into the TOPIX nonsense did I realize my personal ban against gay marriage was wrong.
Please re-post that transition from pro-marriage to anti-marriage, I'd love to see it and your reasoning.

Smile.

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#146090 Jun 16, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam.
If you believe any of that cut-and-paste, repeatedly debunked, ridiculously flawed jibberish - and take it as some sort of "logic"...

Then you can deny marriage rights to people who have done nothing to harm you or your marriage.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#146091 Jun 16, 2012
Goooood morning and happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr River Tam 56,124
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr cpeter1313 10,121
News 'Christian Militant' Hopes More Police Officers... 5 hr Rainbow Kid 9
News Free weddings for all same-sex couples: mayor's... 5 hr Rainbow Kid 11
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 5 hr Rainbow Kid 3
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 6 hr neighbor 2,420
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 7 hr Xstain Spot Remover 65
News Same-sex marriage protesters clash - exchange v... 9 hr Prisoner of my Mo... 4
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 10 hr EdmondWA 105
News Senate hopeful Roy Moore: gay sex is the 'same ... 16 hr EdmondWA 33
More from around the web