Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

Jun 11, 2013 Full story: The Clarion-Ledger 917

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Read more

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#927 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
Read my recent post. Obama Care does cover abortion. Every tax payer will pay for it also.
And what about me? Or your brother.

Should my medicare not pay for my HIV meds because some Church Group might not like it?

I have a niece who has had abortion. I wish she hadn't. So does she. But neither of us are willing to deny that choice to others. For me, I'd like fathers to have a say as well, but...

where does that stop?

As an Uncle I wanted to adopt her child with my partner and spouse Paul. But we couldn't marry.

One Mother's Day when I went for a visit back home, she and I and her son went to the cemetery. My brother and Mom are next to each other. Danny was buried on Mother's Day as well.

I watched her cry for the child we both never knew. And would not tell her son about till many years later.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#928 Jun 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>And what about me? Or your brother.

Should my medicare not pay for my HIV meds because some Church Group might not like it?

I have a niece who has had abortion. I wish she hadn't. So does she. But neither of us are willing to deny that choice to others. For me, I'd like fathers to have a say as well, but...

where does that stop?

As an Uncle I wanted to adopt her child with my partner and spouse Paul. But we couldn't marry.

One Mother's Day when I went for a visit back home, she and I and her son went to the cemetery. My brother and Mom are next to each other. Danny was buried on Mother's Day as well.

I watched her cry for the child we both never knew. And would not tell her son about till many years later.
See I would adopt want to adopt a child if I was single. But the adoption agencies usually won't let a single male adopt. But a single woman can if they can't find a good couple to put the child with first. I don't have any problem with a woman wanting an abortion but to force it into an insurance policy on someone that won't have one whether it be religious reasons or someone that just won't have one. That's like forcing someone to have dental insurance that has false teeth or making a blind person have eye care insurance. If I needed eye care insurance I would want it. I just have a different way of looking at it. I don't think insurance should have to pay for elective plastic surgery. But if someone was badly disfigured in a car wreck or born with facial deformities I think it should be covered. So what do you think. Oh and by the way I think insurance should cover all STD treatments and HIV and AIDS treatments. It covers lung cancer for someone that smokes. So why shouldn't it cover HIV. It is a disease and not elective treatment.

Location hidden

#929 Jun 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>And what about me? Or your brother.

where does that stop?

Oh It does cover HIV doesn't it. I get Medicare and I think it does cover HIV. Let me ask you a question I have looked all over for an answer. Will medicare change with Obama Care? I hope it changes for the better. It really sucks right now.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#930 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
See I would adopt want to adopt a child if I was single. But the adoption agencies usually won't let a single male adopt.
Not quite. Most male or female couples can't jointly adopt.
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>But a single woman can if they can't find a good couple to put the child with first. I don't have any problem with a woman wanting an abortion but to force it into an insurance policy on someone that won't have one whether it be religious reasons or someone that just won't have one. That's like forcing someone to have dental insurance that has false teeth or making a blind person have eye care insurance.
In fact eye care is part of the health premium the National Federation of the Blind pays it's employees at the National Center for the Blind. I worked there 5 years. If I needed eye care insurance I would want it.
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>You are trying to add line item veto to every insurance plan. There has to be standards. Every policy holder pays for the potential impact of every other policy holder's health choices, from smoking, to exercise, to eating healthy. Sure not all policies offered all these options. We also didn't let blacks learn to read, at one time.

[QUOTE who="Harve Wall Banger"]I just have a different way of looking at it. I don't think insurance should have to pay for elective plastic surgery. But if someone was badly disfigured in a car wreck or born with facial deformities I think it should be covered. So what do you think. Oh and by the way I think insurance should cover all STD treatments and HIV and AIDS treatments. It covers lung cancer for someone that smokes. So why shouldn't it cover HIV. It is a disease and not elective treatment.
Well let's also be clear on something. ALL medical procedures are "elective".

On a side note you might like this. I loved his Sermon Title on the sign and the comment after when she says, "shameful". Hope you like.

Vernon Johns - "Money is Power"

&li st=PLkHXfVdotR9eJQPSA0e35PXesu pG4JKLQ

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#931 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh It does cover HIV doesn't it. I get Medicare and I think it does cover HIV. Let me ask you a question I have looked all over for an answer. Will medicare change with Obama Care? I hope it changes for the better. It really sucks right now.
I'm on Medicare and with Bush's prescription drug plan my HIV meds are covered dear.

So are my psyche meds and even vitamins.

I hope it doesn't get worse under 'Obamacare'. I see things that I think are wasteful, though well intentioned. Why do I HAVE to have the FLA State Govt. pay two agencies for a case manager. I only need one.

But then we did elect Rick Scott governor.(a.k.a the CEO in charge of the Company convicted of running the biggest medicare fraud in our nation's history).

Location hidden

#932 Jun 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I'm on Medicare and with Bush's prescription drug plan my HIV meds are covered dear.

I hope it doesn't get worse under 'Obamacare'. I see things that I think are wasteful, though well intentioned. Why do I HAVE to have the FLA State Govt. pay two agencies for a case manager. I only need one.

But then we did elect Rick Scott governor.(a.k.a the CEO in charge of the Company convicted of running the biggest medicare fraud in our nation's history).
That last part is funny. We had a governor here years ago that lost his job and went to jail. His daughter is now a congressman for WV. They all were committing some kind of fraud with Exxon Mobil Corp. It is all in how dirty the politician is. I think what Bush put in place with the medication was great. I don't know what I would do being a diabetic on insulin. I take two different types of insulin. Right now it cost me 90 dollars a month. If I had to pay for it, it would cost me 900 dollars a month. I think what it will cost me in the doughnut whole with insurance is 450 dollars a month until out of the doughnut hole. Sucks really sucks.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#933 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
That last part is funny. We had a governor here years ago that lost his job and went to jail. His daughter is now a congressman for WV. They all were committing some kind of fraud with Exxon Mobil Corp. It is all in how dirty the politician is. I think what Bush put in place with the medication was great. I don't know what I would do being a diabetic on insulin. I take two different types of insulin. Right now it cost me 90 dollars a month. If I had to pay for it, it would cost me 900 dollars a month. I think what it will cost me in the doughnut whole with insurance is 450 dollars a month until out of the doughnut hole. Sucks really sucks.
Dang. I had no idea.

Yup that does suck.

Location hidden

#934 Jun 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Dang. I had no idea.

Yup that does suck.
Yeah I know. I heard don't know if it is true or not but in 2016 there won't be a doughnut whole anymore.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#935 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I know. I heard don't know if it is true or not but in 2016 there won't be a doughnut whole anymore.
Funny thing is I've read that the Act doesn't actually begin full implementation till 2014.

I always got a laugh whenever someone would start talking about all the jobs the Act killed.

How can it kill jobs if it's not in effect yet?

Sort of like saying two moms or two dads deprives a child of a mother or father.

Location hidden

#936 Jun 26, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing is I've read that the Act doesn't actually begin full implementation till 2014.

I always got a laugh whenever someone would start talking about all the jobs the Act killed.

How can it kill jobs if it's not in effect yet?

Sort of like saying two moms or two dads deprives a child of a mother or father.
A lot of it is in effect. But fully effective the first part of 2014. I don't think it will effect anybody. The only thing I think will change is employers will drop there health plans and people will either go on Medicaid or on the State or Federal exchanges. Which really might not be a bad thing.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#937 Jun 27, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of it is in effect. But fully effective the first part of 2014. I don't think it will effect anybody. The only thing I think will change is employers will drop there health plans and people will either go on Medicaid or on the State or Federal exchanges. Which really might not be a bad thing.
I have serious doubts employers will drop plans. They are required by law to have them, just as they are required by law to purchase and have many other things which help protect their assets.

IMO the insurance industry as well as their customers have wised up a great deal and are pretty much making sure they get their money's worth now.

Location hidden

#938 Jun 27, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have serious doubts employers will drop plans. They are required by law to have them, just as they are required by law to purchase and have many other things which help protect their assets.

IMO the insurance industry as well as their customers have wised up a great deal and are pretty much making sure they get their money's worth now.
I know I don't have to worry much about that right now. I am just afraid the medicare rates are going to skyrocket. I hope not.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#939 Jun 27, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made the comment about them being load and noisy. Some churches are louder than others in the way they worship. If you don't like the mess they make report them to the police and after getting a ticket or two for littering maybe it will stop. Even yet go tell them to p/u there trash. I really don't go to church to eat breakfast. I don't see a lot of churches feeding everybody every time they have church. Most I have ever seen has Sunday School, Worship Service, and Sunday night Worship and Wednesday night Worship. I think you just want to make Christians out to be a bunch of fat pigs. I know a few gay people that are overweight but I don't call them names and make fun of the way they walk. You are no better than those so called slobs that you are talking about if you make nasty remarks about them yourself.
Uh, WHO said they were Christians? I sure didn't! As usual, you are just ITCHING to find something negative about what I said and are just making up facts as you go along. They were noisy and messy. That is ALL I said about them.

For all I know, they might have been a glee class practicing, loudly, and messily, but possibly not Christians. YOU are the one assuming, not me.

Palm Springs, California

#940 Jun 27, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made the comment about them being load and noisy. Some churches are louder than others in the way they worship. If you don't like the mess they make report them to the police and after getting a ticket or two for littering maybe it will stop. Even yet go tell them to p/u there trash. I really don't go to church to eat breakfast. I don't see a lot of churches feeding everybody every time they have church. Most I have ever seen has Sunday School, Worship Service, and Sunday night Worship and Wednesday night Worship. I think you just want to make Christians out to be a bunch of fat pigs. I know a few gay people that are overweight but I don't call them names and make fun of the way they walk. You are no better than those so called slobs that you are talking about if you make nasty remarks about them yourself.
BTW, gay fatsos are no trip to Disneyland either. I am moving heaven and earth to keep my weight down. NO pink doughnut boxes are in front of MY house any morning.

But, if I may quote the BIBLE, Deuteronmy 32:15 Jacob dined until satisfied; Jerusalem grew fat, bloated, and gorged. he abandoned God who made him and and lost the rock of his salvation.

Proverbs 23:21 "..the glutton shall come to poverty."

Proverbs 28:20-21 "And put a knife to your throat if you thou be given to gluttony."

Location hidden

#941 Jun 27, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, WHO said they were Christians? I sure didn't! As usual, you are just ITCHING to find something negative about what I said and are just making up facts as you go along. They were noisy and messy. That is ALL I said about them.

For all I know, they might have been a glee class practicing, loudly, and messily, but possibly not Christians. YOU are the one assuming, not me.
You said they waddle in to church eat doughnuts and leave the pink boxes all up and down your street. Yes I assumed they were Christians because they were at a church. I guess I was wrong they just went there to eat doughnuts.

Palm Springs, California

#942 Jun 27, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
You said they waddle in to church eat doughnuts and leave the pink boxes all up and down your street. Yes I assumed they were Christians because they were at a church. I guess I was wrong they just went there to eat doughnuts.
OK, then. I NEVER said they were going into a church, I said they were going into a city school; see why you should NOT jump to conclusions?

I find it VERY telling that YOU think doughnuts and assume they are Christians. That shows a terrible prejudice on your part, I am afraid.

We can GUESS what sect they were, but the fact is that you did NOT know, but assumed.

They could easily have been a very messy, corpulent glee club

Location hidden

#943 Jun 27, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, gay fatsos are no trip to Disneyland either. I am moving heaven and earth to keep my weight down. NO pink doughnut boxes are in front of MY house any morning.

But, if I may quote the BIBLE, Deuteronmy 32:15 Jacob dined until satisfied; Jerusalem grew fat, bloated, and gorged. he abandoned God who made him and and lost the rock of his salvation.

Proverbs 23:21 "..the glutton shall come to poverty."

Proverbs 28:20-21 "And put a knife to your throat if you thou be given to gluttony."
Whatever, I am overweight because a thyroid problem and a diabetic. Wasn't to long ago I was at a good weight for my height and bone structure. I eat according to my diabetic diet, strictly and am on 2 different types of insulin. I have been on my diet for 3 years and have gained 60 lbs. I weigh 240 and am 6'4" in height. So you can call me fat, over weight. I say I have an illness that prevents me from losing weight. If I wasn't a diabetic now and didn't have a thyroid problem I would be under weight. My doctor says the only way I would lose weight is to have my stomach by passed and stop taking my diabetes medicine. But I would probably die before I lost the weight. So some people don't have much choice but be over weight. Until you have been there don't jump to conclusions about someone's weight problem. You hate when people that talk junk about gay people and I do too. But then you turn around and talk junk about people who are overweight. I don't have issues with people at all. I just think people should think before they speak. I am closer to the gay issue than what you may think. My brother was gay and is now dead because of a disease he contracted through his partner. I watched him die. So I have a respect for my brother that passed and his partner that also passed. Just like someone said to me until you have stepped in someone else's shoes you don't know what they are going through or went through. So I am not criticizing you but just saying think a little harder before you speak. I had to eat some words I said the other day and also apologized for saying them.

Location hidden

#944 Jun 27, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>OK, then. I NEVER said they were going into a church, I said they were going into a city school; see why you should NOT jump to conclusions?

I find it VERY telling that YOU think doughnuts and assume they are Christians. That shows a terrible prejudice on your part, I am afraid.

We can GUESS what sect they were, but the fact is that you did NOT know, but assumed.

They could easily have been a very messy, corpulent glee club
But you did say the school was letting a religious group was using the school for there meetings or services or whatever. If I misunderstood the entire story I apologize. Why are you wanting to argue about this. What difference does it make.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#945 Jun 27, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I'm on Medicare and with Bush's prescription drug plan my HIV meds are covered dear.
More money for hospitals and health care providers?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#946 Jun 27, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have serious doubts employers will drop plans. They are required by law to have them, just as they are required by law to purchase and have many other things which help protect their assets.
Companies with sufficient size to absorb health care risk will continue to self-fund their plans. It's the most cost-efficient model.

The problem with small employers is that even one major accident or even one chronic problem such as AIDS, diabetes, ALS, or premature baby can bankrupt the plan. Small employers have had trouble getting and keeping affordable insurance because insurance companies looked at each group as a profit center.

One year, two women in my husband's company had children. Their premiums more than doubled the next year. The company asked why. They were told the group had too high a loss experience, and the insurance company was losing money. Of course, premiums did not decrease the next year after no one in the company had any children.

The exchanges force insurers to price their plans for a broad market, whether the customer is an individual or a small employer. So they still have to set their pricing high enough to cover costs, but normal variations like pregnancies will not skew the premiums for one company or for one individual.

Free marketers are always telling us that competition and price transparency are essential for the market to work. That is exactly what Obamacare's exchanges provide. Let's hope the free marketers are right and competition works its magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min gab 58,854
News Indiana's Religious 'Anti-Gay' Law That Wasn't 5 min Newland 7
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 8 min Brian_G 754
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 11 min Brian_G 1,913
News The Hoosier Nuremberg Laws 44 min Cordwainer Trout 15
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr EdmondWA 30,883
News mike Pence Indiana governor 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 1 hr cpeter1313 549
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr The Stupid Ones 17,782
More from around the web