Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts...

Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

There are 917 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#641 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God clearly wasn't referring to gays since they will burn in Hell anyway.
There is no such thing as God although you Christians have invented 233 of them in each of your English versions available to select from.

1 TIM. 3:2, 12 & Titus 1:6 ("A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife...."--KJ, ML, RS, LB, AS, BBE, NI, NWT, NEB, NAS, TEV, LV) versus ("A bishop must be irreproachable, married only once"--JB, NAB). The JB and NAB clearly limit a bishop to only one wife whereas the former do not keep him from having many wives as long as he has no more than one at a time.

1 TIM. 3:16 ("...great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh...."--KJ) versus ("Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion: He was manifested in the flesh...."--RS, ML, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS). With differences of this magnitude is it any wonder that the King James only supporters are up-in-arms. In this instance, the KJ is the only version clearly saying God was manifest in the flesh. If "he" is referring to Jesus Christ, then it is only stating the obvious. If Jesus came, he came in the flesh or as a man. But it doesn't say he was God or God came in the flesh.

1 TIM. 4:4 ("For every creature of God is good...."--KJ, AS) versus ("For everything created by God is good...."--RS, ML, LB, JB, NI, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS, LV). If everything created by God is good, that would include far more than just the "creatures" mentioned in the KJ and ASV.

1 TIM. 6:10 ("For the love of money is the root of all evil"--KJ, RS, ML, JB, NEB, NAS, LV) versus ("For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil"--NI, AS, TEV, NAS) versus ("For the love of money is a root of all evil"--BBE) versus ("For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things"--NWT). Is the love of money "a" root or "the" root? If it's "a" root then there could be many others. Is it the root of "all evil" or "all kinds of evil"? "All kinds" does not mean "all evil." Some could be excluded.

2 TIM. 3:16 ("All scripture is given by inspiration of God"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, JB, NI, BBE, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS) versus ("Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching...."--AS, NEB, LV). A cardinal belief of all fundamentalists is that all scripture is inspired, but that is clearly not the import of the AS, NEB and LV. They leave open the possibility that some of Scripture is not inspired.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#642 Jun 22, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Some other non Christians whom I get to spend eternity with will be:
Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, James Madison, Abraham Lincoln, Susan B. Anthony, Mark Twain, Thomas Edison, Sigmund Freud, Joseph Conrad, Clarence Darrow, Frank Lloyd Wright, James Joyce, DH Lawrence, Kate Hepburn, Diego Rivera, Arthur Rubinstein, Irving Berlin, HP Lovecraft, Pearl S. Buck, Aldous Huxley, Marie Curie, Gene Roddenbery.
This is a short list and I couldn't read all my scrawlings, but you get the drift. These were some of the finest minds of the past two centuries. Now who would you rather party with, Gene Roddenbery and Benjamin Franklin or Sarah Palin and Pat Buchanan?
Never said you won't have plenty of company, including Satan and his angels, the most wicked beings who ever lived.

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Location hidden

#643 Jun 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And what? We are supposed to believe you, a homophobic sociopath who believes all the lies he tells?
Sociopathy is a serious mental disorder dollarsbill. Your sociopathic tendencies of lying and wanting to have power and control over other people are a huge insanity. It is important that normal people like the homosexuals visiting here recognize you for the mentally ill monster that you are.
But it's perfectly clear than gays are Biblephobic, lying, perverts. Caused by their "reprobate minds".

Romans 1 "men with men" "God gave them over to a REPROBATE MIND".

Location hidden

#644 Jun 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as God although you Christians have invented 233 of them in each of your English versions available to select from.
There is ABSOLUTE proof of God of the Bible. This is the terminal generation.

Location hidden

#646 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Great, could you please provide the absolute proof.
Israel was dead and is alive as God foretold. The "times of the Gentiles was fulfilled"

"this generation" 1967

Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

The Mark and cashless society rising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implan...

Revelation 13:16-17 (NKJV)
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The rise of Sodomites.

Luke 17:28 (NKJV)
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot:

This world is DOOMED. Nukes ready to fly, biological warfare, virtual warfare, Islamic suicidal terrorists, worldwide economic collapse, US Government FILLED with LYING traitors.

Mark 13:19 (NKJV)
19 For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#648 Jun 22, 2013
Rothschild, an Ashkenazi (Gen 10) Jew created National Israel on Aug 29, 1897. In reality Ashkenazi Jews are Gentiles descended from Japheth.

The Bible is exact; per Daniel's prophecy which began in 457 BC places Jesus' resurrection at 30 AD and 40 yrs (generation) later God destroyed their temple. Daniel's 70 weeks were fulfilled with the ushering in of the Gentiles. The most Holy is Jesus, not a building and the 70 weeks are sealed. There is no Jesuit 7 yr tribulation period acquired from the Jesuits and brought in to the Protestants in 1818~ to Irving 1827 and on to JN Darby in 1830 and then introduced into the USA.

The star of Lucifer (Amos 5:26), the Hexagram (666) is not the symbol of the Jews as they protest it heavily as they did the Hexagram (and still do) and National Israel. Israel/Jacob is a people and National Israel is abusing the Jew and destroying them. The Jews symbol is the Menorah; not the Hexagram. Prior to Solomon the Hexagram has been the star of Lucifer........ It is prominent in Islam, Catholicism and Zionism. Has nothing to do with the Jew or Christians.

Now, the Jew proves there is a God as they do still exist to this day. Christianity proves there is the true and living God. All should read Martyr's Mirror and Foxes book of Martyrs. All should read a real Bible too. Seek God, repent and come to Jesus if He will call upon you.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#649 Jun 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
1 COR. 7:36 ("But if a man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter...and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry"--AS) versus the BBE, NAB, KJ, NI, NEB, NWT AND ML which omit the word "daughter." The latter don't agree with the ASV's teaching that fathers should marry their daughters rather than behave "unseemly" toward them.
Only a nut calls himself god (Reverend is a name of God). The ASV is not a real Bible. You use Romish and Alexandrian text to support your lack of knowledge. Why do you Atheist want to expound your goofy beliefs? Your gibberish is loonesy.

Fear the Lord, repent from you evil ways.

Location hidden

#650 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Great, could you please provide the absolute proof.
You obviously are uninformed. It's happening right under your nose.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#651 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Never said you won't have plenty of company, including Satan and his angels, the most wicked beings who ever lived.
Hon, any eternity without the self-righteous, sanctimonious torturers of Christ's teachings such as yourself would be worth Satan at his worst. Lake fire or not, it would be heaven without you.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#652 Jun 22, 2013
Rick, look at your clock: reply 24 hrs from now.

Location hidden

#653 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Hon, any eternity without the self-righteous, sanctimonious torturers of Christ's teachings such as yourself would be worth Satan at his worst. Lake fire or not, it would be heaven without you.
You'll be singing a different tune in Hell.

Matthew 13:50 (NKJV)
50 There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

this one

#655 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
You'll be singing a different tune in Hell.
Matthew 13:50 (NKJV)
50 There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
A celebration of an eternity without you.

Location hidden

#656 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
Now he is under my nose
Yep. And you can't even see Him.

Isaiah 59:2 (NKJV)
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you,

Location hidden

#657 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>A celebration of an eternity without you.
Who's forcing you to read my posts? God?

this one

#658 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Who's forcing you to read my posts? God?
He wants me to help you, but even I can see that you need it.

Location hidden

#659 Jun 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>He wants me to help you, but even I can see that you need it.
Satan sent you to call God a liar. That's why you're here.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Location hidden

#662 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>To funny, you can't see god either.
I can see His handiwork.

Psalm 19:1 (NKJV)
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
TennesseeEd

Las Cruces, NM

#664 Jun 22, 2013
Who the hell cares or gives a rotten rats butt about what a sloth, sorry baptist has to say ??? I would not urinate on a baptist in front of me on fire in full blaze, to stop the screaching and screaming and to put out the painful burning flames. I might dump some gasoline on their face, to help them deal with it and get it over with !!!!

I tell you now, there is NO ONE ON THIS PLANET any more corrupt, evil and self righteous than a sorry self righteous, prejudice, evil, seething, LYING, so-called christian BIGOT baptist !!!!

I say DEPORT ALL republiCON conSTIRvative and ignorant religious righter Bible thumpers to IRAN and IRAQ. There the leaders of those countries can "CUT OFF" the very thing that causes all the trouble. THE HEAD !!! TennesseeEd

Location hidden

#665 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>dirt?
Of course. Plant a seed in dirt.

this one

#666 Jun 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Satan sent you to call God a liar. That's why you're here.
No dear, God sent me here to tell you that you're lost. When a non-Christian can see just how far off the mark from CHRIST'S teachings you are, as a Christian, you should know your ass is in trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 3 min here 573
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 5 min Go Blue Forever 885
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min EdmondWA 37,224
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 9 min Wanka Wanka 376
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 13 min Fa-Foxy 46
News Cabinet's Justine Greening reveals 'I'm in a ha... 1 hr Mullahing It Over 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 12,943
More from around the web