Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts...

Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

There are 917 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#488 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How can belief be forced?
Easily.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#489 Jun 21, 2013
harvey wall banger wrote:
<quoted text>
You are horrible person and take your anger out on people that aren't gay and don't take up for your gay lifestyle. You need to see a shrink. I will pray for you. Say 3 our fathers and 2 Hail Mary's. Bless you my child and go in peace. Peace Be With You.
I'm not angry. Who cares if you are straight or not? It makes ZERO difference to me, unlike you, who cannot sleep at night thinking about what goes on in the privacy of my bedroom.

I save anger for something important. You, on the other hand are SEETHING with anger. Your specious "bless you" is a carefully worded "F*ck you" aimed at me.

And, it is MARYS, not MARY'S. You made it a possessive. A plural does NOT use an apostrophe, you got it correct on "fathers".

Palm Springs, California

#491 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
Matthew 7:18-20 (NKJV)
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're pretty sure of your self and your faith, aren't you?

Don't you realize that faith without doubt leads to moral arrogance? I have doubt. That is what faith means, a wish, a hope, belief in something to which there is no physical truth. That is what a TRUE biblical scholar would think.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#492 Jun 21, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're pretty sure of your self and your faith, aren't you?
Of course. I believe the Bible. It's PROVEN!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#493 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You are insane. I don't feel kids full of hate speech and dislike towards gays. I teach them to love and respect all mankind but not to be pulled in by the double talk that comes out of the mouths of people that lie and alter the words of God. Not to trust people that talk out of both sides if there mouth. Satan can make hell look good to a sinner. But can't to a real Christian. You can turn Christianity into what you want to make it, but God will reject it as he will the unsaved sinner.
i call b.s. on your "don't feel (should be "fill" - what are you telling us here by that little slip anyway) kids full o fhate speech and dislike towards gays" just based on what you post here.

i guess you'd know all about how satan makes things look good since that's the nonsense you pour out up here, and most likely, in your real life as well.

the rest is you mere opinion, judgemental opinion at theat.

i've seen the end result of your "teachings" far too often. it is you and others like you that are responsible for kids feeling the way they do. period. end of story. if you fail to grasp that and take responsibility for your actions, that's on you - and just a bigger battle the rest of us have to fight. fortunately, your numbers are waning. your ways of thinking are being brought to light as wrong and harmful by more and more people. you speak utter nonsense.

Palm Springs, California

#494 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I believe the Bible. It's PROVEN!
Faith without doubt leads to moral arrogance.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#495 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You are insane. I don't feel kids full of hate speech and dislike towards gays. I teach them to love and respect all mankind but not to be pulled in by the double talk that comes out of the mouths of people that lie and alter the words of God. Not to trust people that talk out of both sides if there mouth. Satan can make hell look good to a sinner. But can't to a real Christian. You can turn Christianity into what you want to make it, but God will reject it as he will the unsaved sinner.
re : "I don't feel kids full of hate speech and dislike towards gays." first, it should be "fill" instead of "feel" - just what are you trying to tell us with that "slip" pal? really, seriously.

you're the one making hell on earth for these kids - it really shows the kind of perverted person you not to accept your responsibility of your actions. for all we know, you rejoice in the pain these kids feel because of your words.

the rest of your crap you post is pure opinion with no meaning. it's up to you to resolve that hate (whatever you want to call it, it comes out as hate). fortunately, more and more people are coming to realize the harm that's inflicted by the message you and others like you put out and are taking action to counteract those messages. your numbers are waning. even exodus has shut it's doors and apologized for the pain it's inflicted upon gay people. at least they're recognizing what they wrought in other's lives, unlike you.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#496 Jun 21, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Faith without doubt leads to moral arrogance.
God's word left no doubt. This is the terminal generation.

Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

Palm Springs, California

#497 Jun 21, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
re : "I don't feel kids full of hate speech and dislike towards gays." first, it should be "fill" instead of "feel" - just what are you trying to tell us with that "slip" pal? really, seriously.
you're the one making hell on earth for these kids - it really shows the kind of perverted person you not to accept your responsibility of your actions. for all we know, you rejoice in the pain these kids feel because of your words.
the rest of your crap you post is pure opinion with no meaning. it's up to you to resolve that hate (whatever you want to call it, it comes out as hate). fortunately, more and more people are coming to realize the harm that's inflicted by the message you and others like you put out and are taking action to counteract those messages. your numbers are waning. even exodus has shut it's doors and apologized for the pain it's inflicted upon gay people. at least they're recognizing what they wrought in other's lives, unlike you.
Uh, oh, you're going to be in SO much trouble for correcting his laughable spelling and grammar. He is so offended that you are not impressed with him being the top biblical scholar at Liberty U. The University of Phoenix of bible "colleges".
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#498 Jun 21, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, oh, you're going to be in SO much trouble for correcting his laughable spelling and grammar. He is so offended that you are not impressed with him being the top biblical scholar at Liberty U. The University of Phoenix of bible "colleges".
going back re-reading what i posted, i probably should've taken a deep breath before typing. LOL. but i stand by the words i typed to the dolt.

...and that slip up in words is quite telling, isn't it? ;)
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#499 Jun 21, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, oh, you're going to be in SO much trouble for correcting his laughable spelling and grammar. He is so offended that you are not impressed with him being the top biblical scholar at Liberty U. The University of Phoenix of bible "colleges".
...and i'd gladly compare my education with his, if he had one. LOL. professor for professor, degree for degree, class by class, hour by hour. as my 8 yr old would say "easy-peazy".
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#500 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God's word left no doubt. This is the terminal generation.
Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
you sound like the leaders of these groups :

Order of the Solar Temple, Switzerland and Canada

Sicarii Rebels, Masada, Israel

Heaven’s Gate, San Diego, California

The Branch Davidian Seventh-Day Adventists, Waco, Texas
(yes, technically they were killed by the feds...but all things considered....you get the point)

Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God, Uganda

People’s Temple Jonestown Massacre, Guyana

or what about these examples of predictions of the end of the world :
Noah Hutchings, president of the Southwest Radio Church and spokesperson for the Watchman on the Wall radio program authored a book with David Webber called: "New Light on the Great Pyramid." They predicted that the Tribulation was to begin sometime in 1988

About 150 followers of a Taiwanese Christian-Buddhist spiritual sect, God's Salvation Church, moved into Garland TX (a suburb in northern Dallas) to await God's arrival. They expected that on MAR-25, God would broadcast a commercial on Channel 18 in Garland. He would then be reincarnated into a man on MAR-31 at 10:00 AM, local time. They anticipated a crowd of about one million who want to be touched by God. Their leader, Hoh-Ming Chen, selected Garland because it sounds like "God land". News reports from Taiwan indicated that the group plans to commit mass suicide if God does not appear. These appear to be unfounded.

Evengelist Marilyn Agee predicted that the rapture would happen on this day, Pentecost, May 31 1998. This, she believes, would trigger the various events listed in the book of Revelation, including the war of Armageddon.

Two Christian pilgrims from an American Fundamentalist group were detained in Israel's Ben Gurion airport in Sept 1998. They had allegedly planned to attack the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, which is the site of Islam's third holiest shrine. Their goal appears to have been to precipitate a massive religious conflict which would escalate into Armageddon. Their group advocates the construction of the Third Temple on the location now occupied by the Al Aqsa mosque. Their goal appears to have been not Biblically based. Verses in the book of Revelation imply that Jesus' return will only occur after ritual animal killing is reinstated at this location.

Concerned Christians is a destructive, doomsday cult of 30 to 60 adults and children, led by Monte Kim Miller. Miller was an anti-cult activist in the 1980's. He predicted that an unspecified disaster would wipe Denver CO off the map on OCT-10. He predicted his own death in 1999-DEC and his resurrection three days later. The Denver apocalypse didn't happen. They left Denver near the end of September and relocated to Jerusalem. Many Christians believe that when Jesus returns, he will descend from the sky and make landfall on the Mount of Olives, near Jerusalem. Israeli police arrested members of the group and deported them. The Israelis seem to be motivated by fear that the group may commit mass suicide.

The House of Yahweh, Abilene predicted that an end-of-world scenario will start during 1998-OCT. By mid-2001, they predict that 80% of the world's population will have been killed as a result of nuclear warfare.

Fr. Sefano Gobbi, a Roman Catholic visionary, predicted on 1989-JUN-17 that the end of the world, the final judgment and the dawning of the Marian Reign of Peace would unfold in 1998.
Gary D. Blevins predicted in his 1990 book "666: The Final Warning" that Ronald Reagan will be cast into the Lake of Fire, the rapture will occur, Jesus will return to earth and Satan will be bound in a pit for 1000 years -- all in 1998.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#501 Jun 21, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound like the leaders of these groups :
But you're Biblically ignorant and spiritually deaf.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#502 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're Biblically ignorant and spiritually deaf.
no, i'm just rejecting YOU and YOUR take on what YOU think the Bible means.

got that yet? it's a personal thing to reject YOU personally, not God.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#503 Jun 21, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
no, i'm just rejecting YOU and YOUR take on what YOU think the Bible means.
got that yet? it's a personal thing to reject YOU personally, not God.
Same thing. You're Biblically ignorant and Hellbound, forever.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#504 Jun 21, 2013
1.) there is no seven year tribulation
2.) no 1000 year reign follows
There is no scripture for either of those. They simple are Jesuits teaching from 1590.
3.) 666 is simple and right before you as it has been since before King Solomon. Everyone knows what it is but the water is so muddied that folks vision isn't clear.

REV 2:9 is occurring right before your eyes under 666 and their authority or assumed authority.

God's Word (Bible) is exact. Luke 2 tells you when Jesus was born and it occurred just exactly at the time Daniel's prophecy said it would. If people would read the Bible and pray and listen to God they would gain understanding. Do not interpret; it needs no help nor your or my interpretation - God got it right.

Roman tax day was Sept 2nd..... per Luke Mary was full and days later Jesus was birth. Sept 9th was the Festival of Trumpets - the day you crown a King. Read REV 20 - there is no 1000 yr Mil reign; it is concocted from imagination and men's books instilling that false doctrine from the false prophet.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#505 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Well I studied Latin and some but very little Greek. Just because of them being earlier translations don't make them any more closer to the original version than the newer translations. For one thing the original versions have been lost forever never to be found. The language of the original versions isn't even spoke anymore and the language is even lost. If you could find the original versions of the original scrolls, no one could even translate it. But the bibles that we have today has been change several several different times. There is a New Version of the Bible that is around for the past few years that is closer to the original version of the first bible on record and translated to English which is about as close you are going to get to the original. There are many other books that aren't in the Bible that was forbidden by several Kings and Leaders in the past that are available and others that have never been published. They were kept out because they were thought to be by non-anointed writers. Some are still available for purchase.
Right. What we know the most about the Bible is that it's unreliable, at best, and totally adulterated fiction, at worst. Either way, it's not a good source for a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g other than to be read as some amusing fables from a long-ago time.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#506 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein. They will find you.
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

L Frank Baum

Chapter 1 - The Cyclone

Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's wife. Their house was small, for the lumber to build it had to be carried by wagon many miles. There were four walls, a floor and a roof, which made one room; and this room contained a rusty looking cookstove, a cupboard for the dishes, a table, three or four chairs, and the beds. Uncle Henry and Aunt Em had a big bed in one corner, and Dorothy a little bed in another corner....

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#507 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
Matthew 7:18-20 (NKJV)
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Lewis Carroll

Chapter 1 - Down the Rabbit-Hole

Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it,`and what is the use of a book,' thought Alice `without pictures or conversation?'....
harvey wall banger

Barboursville, WV

#508 Jun 21, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>i call b.s. on your "don't feel (should be "fill" - what are you telling us here by that little slip anyway) kids full o fhate speech and dislike towards gays" just based on what you post here.

i guess you'd know all about how satan makes things look good since that's the nonsense you pour out up here, and most likely, in your real life as well.

the rest is you mere opinion, judgemental opinion at theat.

i've seen the end result of your "teachings" far too often. it is you and others like you that are responsible for kids feeling the way they do. period. end of story. if you fail to grasp that and take responsibility for your actions, that's on you - and just a bigger battle the rest of us have to fight. fortunately, your numbers are waning. your ways of thinking are being brought to light as wrong and harmful by more and more people. you speak utter nonsense.
Do you ever capitalize the first word of any sentence? Touché

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay-bashed on the job in Coronado 36 min Richie 2
News Joshua Rush on the pressure of playing Disneya ... 2 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr cpeter1313 18,899
News Brutal truth behind Mardi Gras set to air 2 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 3
NE FreAkY FRiDaY 2 hr Umberto 2
News In India, even gay people want an arranged marr... 2 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News 'Teen Mom 2's' David Eason fired by MTV after a... 3 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 23
News The Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival to ... 3 hr FART FRIDAY 40
More from around the web