Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts...

Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

There are 917 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#468 Jun 20, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>And with that.....is why there is so much contradiction in the bible b/c of translations.
Not just in the translations but in the literal verses liberal interpretations. The Bible should not be taken literally/out of context.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#469 Jun 20, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's just the point!! "The Wizard of Oz" IS real if you believe that the Bible is real simply because it refers to a place that really exists. Is THAT all you got to prop your Bible belief???
Harry Potter grew up with an aunt and uncle in England. England is a real country and there are millions of aunts and uncles living here, therefore the entire Harry Potter series is proven true????
"Alice in Wonderland" takes place on an enormous chess board. Chess boards exists. So there's really a crazy magical world down a rabbit hole full of people on opium trips?? Really???
EXCELLENT !!!
harvey wall banger

Barboursville, WV

#470 Jun 20, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing you aren't teaching ENGLISH.

"I teaches the truth." SERIOUSLY?
Try and get a real life and stop being the spelling police. You don't teach the truth. You teach through gay eyes. That is not the truth.

Location hidden

#471 Jun 20, 2013
harvey wall banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I studied Latin and some but very little Greek. Just because of them being earlier translations don't make them any more closer to the original version than the newer translations. For one thing the original versions have been lost forever never to be found. The language of the original versions isn't even spoke anymore and the language is even lost. If you could find the original versions of the original scrolls, no one could even translate it. But the bibles that we have today has been change several several different times. There is a New Version of the Bible that is around for the past few years that is closer to the original version of the first bible on record and translated to English which is about as close you are going to get to the original. There are many other books that aren't in the Bible that was forbidden by several Kings and Leaders in the past that are available and others that have never been published. They were kept out because they were thought to be by non-anointed writers. Some are still available for purchase.
Ya know, I find your perspective on Paleography sort of refreshing, even if it's mostly incorrect.

I know it's long, but you can watch it in segments, or if you have software like YouTube Downloader collect it for later listening. This is really interesting, and once the speaker has laid the groundwork, he will give you a huge surprise that you won't want to miss.

He has a couple of small things incorrect, and his view is hampered by not having a few bits of information which would change some ancillary things, but the rest is rock solid .. as is his surprise.

It really IS worth the time.

Don't worry. You won't find yourself led anyplace really foreign or in the least heretical.
harvey wall banger

Barboursville, WV

#472 Jun 20, 2013
Catholic created gay wrote:
<quoted text>Not just in the translations but in the literal verses liberal interpretations. The Bible should not be taken literally/out of context.
That is the Catholic belief. I studied Catholicism and the Catholic teachings about the bible is that the bible is a book of religious truths. St. Peter and Paul did not teach that being gay was ok in Gods eyes. Paul taught celibacy. His words were I wish all men could be like me and never marry, but it is better to marry than burn with passion. Peter also taught and started the celibacy for Priests he said he was married to the church and that he couldn't fulfill Gods calling upon him and also be married. That was also Paul's belief.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#473 Jun 20, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing you aren't teaching ENGLISH.
"I teaches the truth." SERIOUSLY?
If Harvey is an example of what comes out of Liberty, it's much worse than I had imagined. And to think these people have infiltrated the national government...

Location hidden

#474 Jun 20, 2013
<quoted text>
That is the Catholic belief. I studied Catholicism and the Catholic teachings about the bible is that the bible is a book of religious truths. St. Peter and Paul did not teach that being gay was ok in Gods eyes. Paul taught celibacy. His words were I wish all men could be like me and never marry, but it is better to marry than burn with passion. Peter also taught and started the celibacy for Priests he said he was married to the church and that he couldn't fulfill Gods calling upon him and also be married. That was also Paul's belief.
So, "minhag yisreal torah hi" ?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#475 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Try and get a real life and stop being the spelling police. You don't teach the truth. You teach through gay eyes. That is not the truth.
Nice deflection. It wasn't a misspelling, by the way.

I told the truth, you are HORRIBLE at grammar. Deny if it you will.
harvey wall banger

Barboursville, WV

#476 Jun 21, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Nice deflection. It wasn't a misspelling, by the way.

I told the truth, you are HORRIBLE at grammar. Deny if it you will.
You are horrible person and take your anger out on people that aren't gay and don't take up for your gay lifestyle. You need to see a shrink. I will pray for you. Say 3 our fathers and 2 Hail Mary's. Bless you my child and go in peace. Peace Be With You.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#477 Jun 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, nonexistance doesn't talk to me. Never has and never will.
I like scary stories around the campfire too. I also like Autumn colors, that and money will buy me a cup of coffee anywhere.
Isaiah 59:2 (NKJV)
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#478 Jun 21, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not really, you believe that because you only believe in lies.
Those lies will kill you someday.
Such irony.

Mk 16 he that believeth not shall be DAMNED.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#479 Jun 21, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, well, the laws are secular, not biblical. you want to live in a theocracy? go find a land & start your own OR go live in iran. they just elected a new leader, maybe things would go easier on "christians" like you there.
All irrelevant, when you soon stand before God

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#480 Jun 21, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's just the point!! "The Wizard of Oz" IS real if you believe that the Bible is real simply because it refers to a place that really exists. Is THAT all you got to prop your Bible belief???
Harry Potter grew up with an aunt and uncle in England. England is a real country and there are millions of aunts and uncles living here, therefore the entire Harry Potter series is proven true????
"Alice in Wonderland" takes place on an enormous chess board. Chess boards exists. So there's really a crazy magical world down a rabbit hole full of people on opium trips?? Really???
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein. They will find you.

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#481 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 59:2 (NKJV)
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.
A kid in Boy Scouts has very little chance of "sin", and orientation has nothing do do with any mistakes a child might make.

Location hidden

#482 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein. They will find you.
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Your scripture only says that the wicked and the just will be separated. Can you tell who is in either category just by their posts on this forum?

And do you believe that you will draw sinners to your "loving God" by preaching that this loving God is just itching to toss people into eternal fire for normal doubts and disbelief?

No one in their right mind would be drawn to such a deity, and fear is never a good reason to pretend to be religious.

Location hidden

#483 Jun 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Such irony.
Mk 16 he that believeth not shall be DAMNED.
How can belief be forced? Can it be created out of nothing but the fear of torture?

Can you explain that mechanism?
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#484 Jun 21, 2013
Your blasphemy has condemned you. I feel sorry for you to lose life for the wickedness in your heart.

Your life is short because you have blasphemed the Holy Ghost.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#485 Jun 21, 2013
LOL!

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#486 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
A kid in Boy Scouts has very little chance of "sin", and orientation has nothing do do with any mistakes a child might make.
albtraum is a kid in Boy Scouts? I didn't know.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#487 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your scripture only says that the wicked and the just will be separated. Can you tell who is in either category just by their posts on this forum?
Absolutely.

Matthew 7:18-20 (NKJV)
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's Lawyer Jay Sekulow Opposed Legalizing G... 45 min The Troll Stopper 10
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 53 min The Troll Stopper 65
News Nikki Haley and her son heckled during NYC gay ... 55 min The Troll Stopper 12
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... 1 hr The Troll Stopper 15
News Poll: Younger Republicans more liberal on immig... 1 hr The Troll Stopper 6
News New York's highest court welcomes first openly ... 1 hr The Troll Stopper 7
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 3 hr Victor Hugo 105
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 51,439
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 4 hr Tommy T 82
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 8 hr TNT 69,548
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 12 hr Frindly 6,885
More from around the web