Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts...

Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

There are 917 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#366 Jun 19, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>wrong
<quoted text>wrong again. I'm a Unitarian Universalist. We believe there are many Paths to God and that all will eventually find their way to salvation through spiritual and humanist principles.
dollarsbill and harvey wall banger go on the belief that ...God said it, I believe it, that settles it... type thing. Pity. According to them NOBODY can believe any other way. Of course that is where their theory gets shot down....EVERYTIME!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#367 Jun 19, 2013
harvey wall banger wrote:
When has it happened other than the birth of Christ? Please inform me I would love to know. Even test tube babies are fertilized by sperm, which comes from man.
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/ke...

Let me help you out... There has never been a virgin birth. Period, end of story. Mary lied. And given the times she lived in, I can't blame her.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#369 Jun 19, 2013
Lilith_Sparkles wrote:
<quoted text>here let me give you an example of your wonderful gods behavior....
"Pssst" Hey buddy..(God says to Abraham)... if you love me you will KILL your children!!!!! No Really... If you freakin love me you will butcher the little brats right now!!!
Ya some swell God you got there....
LOLOLOL
Really. And I bet they wonder why the Romans put Jesus to death. Because he was a wacko bird just like todays Christians.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#370 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Never said what denomination I go to. Actually I go to a non-denominational church. That teaches strictly from the Bible. You can be a satan worshiper and go to a church, but that don't make you a Christian. Believing in Gods word and obeying his laws makes you a Christian. Yes some denominations are falsely proclaiming to be a Christian faith church. I won't mention them on here but it doesn't take a so called theorist to know which ones they are. It's not going to be a Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, Pentecostal or any other faith in heaven. It will be true faithful Christians. That live by the examples that the Bible has laid out for us to live by. Jesus didn't come to change the laws of Moses from God, he came to fulfill the prophecies that were made by other men in the Bible. His laws were in addition to Moses laws. If you don't follow the basic laws of Moses you can't keep one of Jesus' commands. They are all based on Moses' laws handed down to him by God. So you can't just pick words from Jesus only and say you are doing what Jesus wants. The thing His death did for us was to be a one time sacrifice for us that we as sinners wouldn't have to do all the sacrifices and other tasks according to Old Testament law to be forgiven from them. But we still have to keep the old laws along with the knew commands of Jesus.
doesn't matter what denomination you proclaim to be - you're still like one of those southern baptists that want to whine about anyone following their faith differently. last time i checked, god was the only one that could determine that. or are you putting yourself up on the same level as god? that's what it seems to be when you declare others not to be christians. good luck with that.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#371 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey stupid try that with you boyfriend and see if one of you end up pregnant. You are stupid. You sit there and want everyone to post where in the Bible we get our proof from. Well put your money where mouth is and do the same. You can't because it isn't there. You sit here and criticize the Southern Baptist but then get mad when someone criticizes your faith. Unless you are on some great throne of God you are no different from any other to be criticized.
i see you failed to look up parthenogenesis. you're failing basic biology - big boy science we'll save for another day.

you get upset and criticize those that believe differently than you and call people names (yes, "stupid" is namecalling in case your mother never taught you manners). you whine and clutch that name to your chest and don't want anyone else to weat that badge for fear that something might rub off on you. what about those of us that have to put up with your ugliness that chases people away from the word of christ? that turns people away from the face of christ? we have to put with the badgering people toss out because of the lack of kindness you show people and everyone then thinks that all christians are like you. and we have to live and show people that no, not everyone is like you. and frankly, you should be ashamed of how you treat people. you should be ashamed that you chase people away from the word of god.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#372 Jun 19, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>dollarsbill and harvey wall banger go on the belief that ...God said it, I believe it, that settles it... type thing. Pity. According to them NOBODY can believe any other way. Of course that is where their theory gets shot down....EVERYTIME!
"FEW"

Matthew 7:14 (NKJV)
14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Location hidden

#373 Jun 19, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/ke...
Let me help you out... There has never been a virgin birth. Period, end of story. Mary lied. And given the times she lived in, I can't blame her.
Satan sent you to call God a liar. You lose.

Location hidden

#374 Jun 19, 2013
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
There, fixed that for you. You're welcome.
Poor little Biblephobe. SOOOO scared of the Bible. You should be. Hell fire awaits you.

Mark 9:43-44 (NKJV)
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.'
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#375 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You are completely insane and stupid. You have 0 intelligence on the subject and just want to rant against Christians. Especially Christians that opposed the entire gay movement. I have a right to believe what I want and you have a right to burn in hell.
yes, you have the right to believe anything you want.
so does everyone else, too.

and the burning in hell part? that's god's decision, not yours.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#376 Jun 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so arrogant to think you know more about the Languages than all the previous translators?
Your ignorant unGodly opinion noted.
Psalm 1:1 (NKJV)
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
you really are showing your ignorance of the history of the english language as well as the published editions of the english language bible.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#377 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I do go to a non denominational church not because of different beliefs from denominations but we believe in the full bible and live by the full bible.
Everything in the Bible? Every iota? Really? Wow, I think you need to watch the movie Inherit The Wind, and pay particular attention where Henry Drummond examines Matthew Harrison Brady in court. See if you can answer the questions that Brady failed to answer.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#378 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
But that wasn't because if two women being together. Two women cannot bare children. You are stupid and make zero sense.
you still haven't looked up parthenogenesis have you.

Location hidden

#379 Jun 19, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you really are showing your ignorance of the history of the english language as well as the published editions of the english language bible.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#380 Jun 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
there you go again. taking on god's job. you lose.

seriously, just look at your favorite passage in older bibles, say from the 1800s and compare it to your favorite bible you use today. just do that and get back with us.

Location hidden

#381 Jun 19, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
there you go again. taking on god's job. you lose.
seriously, just look at your favorite passage in older bibles, say from the 1800s and compare it to your favorite bible you use today. just do that and get back with us.
Our English Bibles are quite clear and consistent. I compare them nearly every day. I have many.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#382 Jun 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Our English Bibles are quite clear and consistent. I compare them nearly every day. I have many.
any dating from the 1800s or before as publish dates? that i doubt.

you need to study the history of languages and translations to get a better understanding.

Location hidden

#383 Jun 19, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
any dating from the 1800s or before as publish dates? that i doubt.
you need to study the history of languages and translations to get a better understanding.
The Bible is proven. This is the terminal generation.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#384 Jun 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as Satanist. Jesus is the ONLY way to salvation.
So, as far as you are concerned, only you are going to heaven and the other six billion or so who are NOT Christians are going to burn merrily in hell. I'm not just talking about gays.

Your description of God is sounding entirely TOO much like Hitler and HIS "Final Solution". Only the certain members of the special club will be spared. The rest,BURN 'em!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#385 Jun 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is proven. This is the terminal generation.
Yeah, I hear that a lot of people have turned to vegetarianism, which is a good sign of end times.

Timothy 4:1-3
"..the doctrines of devils...commanding to abstain from meat, which God has created to be received with thanksgiving of them.."

I was at Costco the other day and saw "Vegetarianism Burgers" for sale, and I fell to my knees to pray for that wicked store right there and then.

Location hidden

#386 Jun 19, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>So, as far as you are concerned, only you are going to heaven and the other six billion or so who are NOT Christians are going to burn merrily in hell. I'm not just talking about gays.
Your description of God is sounding entirely TOO much like Hitler and HIS "Final Solution". Only the certain members of the special club will be spared. The rest,BURN 'em!
Not just me, there's a "few" others.

Matthew 7:14 (NKJV)
14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

God will be MUCH worse than Hitler to you. I STRONGLY suggest you repent, IF YOU CAN.

Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 min Reverend Alan 60,797
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 5 min lides 647
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 8 min CoconutGirlScoutC... 11
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 min Respect71 23,980
News Boy Scouts expected to end ban on gay leaders 9 min WeTheSheeple 43
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 15 min lides 1,145
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 16 min lides 434
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 55 min lides 8,031
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 1 hr lides 1,602
More from around the web