Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts...

Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

There are 917 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#305 Jun 18, 2013
" ... They were accustomed to meet on a fixed day before dawn and sing responsively a hymn ... and bound themselves to a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft, adultery, never to falsify their word, not to deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up. When this was over, it was their custom to depart and to assemble again to partake of a meal — but ordinary and innocent food ... "

- from a letter to Emperor Trajan, Pliny the Younger

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#306 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexual offenders"
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)
9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
WOW

The term homosexual was coined in the 1700's.

How did Paul write a word in English that has several similar yet DIFFERENT meanings in his time.

Some scholars believe 'racha' means homosexual and was used much like 'fag' and "queer" are today, which is what appears to be your pastor's interpretation. However some believe "Racha" simply refers to those who Jesus was saying society deems "untouchable" or "unclean" much like the caste system in India.

But hey, if salvation for you is all about getting your panties wet from thinking about all those sinners who are "gonna get it" cause they didn't listen to you, well......

may I suggest doing more laundry?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#307 Jun 18, 2013
snyper wrote:
Time for Vigils (sigh)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XiYjcpWE93IXX
May God shed His Peace and Mercy upon you and all.

(Love the video)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#308 Jun 18, 2013

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#309 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Quoting Paul (Saul of Tarsus) again. Now we know which savior you follow.
Paul loved scorecards and pointing out how he thought the world should be run. Unfortunately his own teaching were even compromised later by various Church Councils.
BTW about that non denominational church that teaches directly from the Bible.
Care to show me passages from your minister's Bible that say "Christmas" and "Easter"?
God/Paul called you "ignorant".

"the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord"

1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Location hidden

#310 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>WOW
The term homosexual was coined in the 1700's.
How did Paul write a word in English that has several similar yet DIFFERENT meanings in his time.
Some scholars believe 'racha' means homosexual and was used much like 'fag' and "queer" are today, which is what appears to be your pastor's interpretation. However some believe "Racha" simply refers to those who Jesus was saying society deems "untouchable" or "unclean" much like the caste system in India.
But hey, if salvation for you is all about getting your panties wet from thinking about all those sinners who are "gonna get it" cause they didn't listen to you, well......
may I suggest doing more laundry?
All English Bibles condemn gays to Hell.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#311 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
Read your first two words.

Then tell me the name of your God!

DOOFUS ALERT!

Dude you were trying to argfue the Trinity and now you've added Paul to it!

In that Non Denominational Church that teaches directly from the Bible, is there any parts of that Bible that says Jesus was the ONLY SON OF GOD!? And what parts say that Paul is part of the Trinity?

If I may be permitted to repeat myself:

DOOFUS ALERT!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#312 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to consider buying a new shovel.

The one you've been using just broke!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#313 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Name them. I can name a few that don't and some even pre-date the Geneva 1599 Bible (which doesn't contain the word homosexual cause it wasn't a word yet!)

DOOFUS ALERT!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#314 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just the originals that don't!

Got it.

Location hidden

#315 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Read your first two words.
Then tell me the name of your God!
DOOFUS ALERT!
Dude you were trying to argfue the Trinity and now you've added Paul to it!
In that Non Denominational Church that teaches directly from the Bible, is there any parts of that Bible that says Jesus was the ONLY SON OF GOD!? And what parts say that Paul is part of the Trinity?
If I may be permitted to repeat myself:
DOOFUS ALERT!
Paul is the writer. God is the Author. So simple. You shouldn't be calling others "DOOFUS". God called YOU "ignorant". I'll believe Him.

Location hidden

#316 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It's just the originals that don't!
Got it.
Are you really so arrogant to think you know more about the Languages than all the previous translators?

Your ignorant unGodly opinion noted.

Psalm 1:1 (NKJV)
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#317 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is the writer. God is the Author. So simple. You shouldn't be calling others "DOOFUS". God called YOU "ignorant". I'll believe Him.
God ALSO called me (via Jesus Himself and not some Johnny come lately):

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

"Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted."

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled."

"Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy."

"Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God."

"Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God."

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#318 Jun 18, 2013
Deal with it dollarbill.

You nor Paul are God.

You nor Paul can stand as God's Judge.

Therefore:
You nor Paul should try to stand as God's Judge.

You see, Paul's writings are "inspired". We agree on that. And for the most part so do most Bible Scholars.

But NOT 'THE WORD OF GOD' IMO. And for the most part so do most Bible Scholars.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#319 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so arrogant to think you know more about the Languages than all the previous translators?
Nope. Why are you?
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorant unGodly opinion noted.
Psalm 1:1 (NKJV)
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Titus 3:9

Like I said, even your Messiah Paul says you aren't supposed to do what you AND I are doing right now!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#320 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so arrogant to think you know more about the Languages than all the previous translators?....
No but I am a little disappointed you haven't spammed icons on my posts yet.

Location hidden

#321 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>God ALSO called me (via Jesus Himself and not some Johnny come lately):
God called you to Hell?
harvey wall banger

Barboursville, WV

#322 Jun 18, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>Many can with hormone injections. In fact, many males have vestigial mammary glands and are at risk of breast cancer.

They don't actually. It's the same things re-purposed and re-sized and repositioned a bit.

But all that misses the point. ALL male MAMMALS have them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_breast_canc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_vestigiali...
Male and female alike. Opposites to bare fruit and multiply. Don't think that will happen with two females or two males.

Location hidden

#323 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Why are you?
<quoted text>Titus 3:9
Like I said, even your Messiah Paul says you aren't supposed to do what you AND I are doing right now!
I'm not the one challenging our English Bibles. You are. DUH!

All gays are liars and you prove it. Paul is not my Messiah, Jesus is.
harvey wall banger

Barboursville, WV

#324 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Job 38:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Job 38:4

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

4 Where wast thou when I [a]laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Footnotes:

Job 38:4 Seeing he could not judge of those things which were done so long before he was born, he was not able to comprehend all God’s works: much less the secret causes of his judgments.

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4 NIV

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

John 1:3
New International Version (©2011)
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

English Standard Version (©2001)
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Everything was in his hand, and without him not even one thing existed of the things that existed.

Colossians 1:16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

New Living Translation (©2007)
for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

By him was everything created which is in Heaven and in The Earth: everything that is seen and everything that is unseen, whether Thrones or Dominions or Principalities or Rulers; everything has been created by his hand and in him.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

For God did not send his Son into the world that he would condemn the world, but that he would give life to the world by him.
So what are you saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 51 min Fa-Foxy 164
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 198
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 2 hr Fa-Foxy 464
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 2 hr Fa-Foxy 50
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 5
News ACLU settles lawsuit over 'Some People Are Gay'... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 19
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr JODECKO 38,723
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Rose_NoHo 15,734
News After gay couple's home is egged, a community r... 7 hr Little Robbie 19
Dying off like flies 8 hr Little Robbie 23
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 10 hr Leo 68,950
More from around the web