Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts...

Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

There are 917 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#285 Jun 18, 2013
harvey wall banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid try that with you boyfriend and see if one of you end up pregnant. You are stupid. You sit there and want everyone to post where in the Bible we get our proof from. Well put your money where mouth is and do the same. You can't because it isn't there. You sit here and criticize the Southern Baptist but then get mad when someone criticizes your faith. Unless you are on some great throne of God you are no different from any other to be criticized.
ONCE AGAIN I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE:

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I [a]laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding.
Footnotes:

(Job 38:4 Seeing he could not judge of those things which were done so long before he was born, he was not able to comprehend all God’s works: much less the secret causes of his judgments.)

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Ephesians 6:4

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
4 And ye, fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in instruction and information of the Lord.

(It helps to study different trasnslations and the pray and meditate on what you read)

And let’s keep this in mind: Titus 3:9
"But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned."

Now did God create Gays and lesbians? And sin? And people like you?(twits)

THE BIBLE SAYS:

John 1:3
New International Version (©2011)
"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

English Standard Version (©2001)
"All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
"Everything was in his hand, and without him not even one thing existed of the things that existed."

Colossians 1:16

"For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him."

"For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him."

"By him was everything created which is in Heaven and in The Earth: everything that is seen and everything that is unseen, whether Thrones or Dominions or Principalities or Rulers; everything has been created by his hand and in him."

(It helps to study different translations and the pray and meditate on what you read)

Now when you think about using Jesus as a weapon, perhaps you’ll offer this passage at your next Bible Study!

John 3:17

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

for God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

For God did not send his Son into the world that he would condemn the world, but that he would give life to the world by him.

One final word on "The Word".

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#286 Jun 18, 2013
Stupid = stubborn ignorance.

Guys, "dollarsbill" is stupid.

You can keep toying with him if y'all want but, I'm done.

Presuppositionalism is as involutional as any paranoid psychosis can be, as rigidly defensive, and for many of the same reasons.

I've got to go adjust the Ph in the tilapia tanks then ... omg ... it's almost time for Vigils. I'm going to actually need that nap later.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#287 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Nobody believes that the earth is 6000 years old. According to the Bible a day in Gods eye was like a thousand years. So no I do not believe that the earth is 6000 years old. My theory of how the scientific age and the Bible work hand and hand is that the seven days that God created the earth and everything in it was thousands of thousands of years. That is when the evolution of the earth and mankind took place. Then when Adam and Eve was created that was the beginning of what was recordable history. So I am not so blinded by my faith to believe the stereotypical thought of the way morons like you think of us.
Well at least we know you aren't ready to ban the film "Inherit the Wind".

Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Oh I forgot. Two other questions. They are about what you believe in your non-denominational church. Are Christians allowed to be born again and again till they FINALLY get it right? And does this piss off your pastor when it happens?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#288 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God made everyone exactly as He pleased.
“they could not believe”
John 12:39-40 (NKJV)
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: 40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
Read your first sentence. Then explain to me why you're so into everyone else's business and claim it's cause God said you have to save me.

I've shown you several Bible passages that show God created me the way HE DECIDED. And HE DECIDED I'M GAY!

Now you have to ask yourself why you're so stuck on gay sex in the Bible and not the other passages about what GOD SAYS HETEROS should do!

Don't get me wrong. I like the whole "testify" thing. Singing God's praises is my happiest moments of the day.

Then folks like you kill it.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#289 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
How do you say God is a murdering Rapist.
well since she typed it in English and I don't know if she's bi-lingual....
in any case I only speak one language so that's how I'd say something like that.

You might want to look up what the words "opinions" and "blogs" mean.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#290 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God calls His Son "God".
Hebrews 1:8 (NKJV)
8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
NOPE.

That's Saul of Tarsus, NOT GOD!

You might ALSO want to take a course on what "Epistles" are.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#291 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
I've shown you several Bible passages that show God created me the way HE DECIDED. And HE DECIDED I'M GAY!
No argument.

Proverbs 16:4 (NKJV)
4 The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#292 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul got his doctrines direct from Jesus. Now you know.
DOOFUS alert.

And the Latter Day Saint movement of Restorationist Christianity, began with the visions of Joseph Smith in upstate New York during the 1820s.

Your point?

You SAID JESUS instructed Paul. That isn't the case in the same sense of the original 12 Apostle's.

Please understand I find much of Paul's writings good spiritual instruction. If you want to be part of his sect.

But Paul NEVER MET JESUS when JESUS WAS ALIVE!

This is why so many fights have been fought over "Christianity" and so many other religions. In Islam those who DON'T recognize the 'official' successor to Mohammed are being murdered by those who do.

John 3:17 says it best but I'd like to paraphrase it.

"God sent RELIGION into the world to heal it not to destroy it"

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#293 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul got his doctrines direct from Jesus. Now you know.
Who told you that?

You practice Saulist Christianity.(Or is it Saulian?).

Interesting that you claim to be "christian" and chose a NON DENOMINATIONAL Church!

You aren't only part of the Saulist Christian sect but also one of whoever it is that plays Pastor at your church!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#294 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I only study the Holy Bible. It says in the Bible to Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. That sounds like the Holy Trinity to me. Three Gods as One.
So then when John Baptized Jesus he used those words?

LMAO!

First off John the Baptist was a part of a Jewish sect that believed the Messiah was coming IN HIS TIME to establish what most Christians think will happen after Armageddon! IOW, John thought HIS was the next to last generation. Just as you think think THIS is the last generation before Judgement Day.

John the Baptist had no concept of "The Trinity" as it now is taught. Jesus was not the Holy Ghost OR GOD in his mind!

Location hidden

#295 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>DOOFUS alert.
And the Latter Day Saint movement of Restorationist Christianity, began with the visions of Joseph Smith in upstate New York during the 1820s.
Your point?
You SAID JESUS instructed Paul. That isn't the case in the same sense of the original 12 Apostle's.
Please understand I find much of Paul's writings good spiritual instruction. If you want to be part of his sect.
But Paul NEVER MET JESUS when JESUS WAS ALIVE!
This is why so many fights have been fought over "Christianity" and so many other religions. In Islam those who DON'T recognize the 'official' successor to Mohammed are being murdered by those who do.
John 3:17 says it best but I'd like to paraphrase it.
"God sent RELIGION into the world to heal it not to destroy it"
When Jesus was alive? He is alive.

Location hidden

#296 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you that?
Galatians 1:11-12 (NKJV)
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#297 Jun 18, 2013

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#298 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument.
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Matthew 5:11

Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version (NIV)
The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Funny but every time you show up I smell goat's milk.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#299 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument.
If you're going to quote sources try to get them right:

Mishle 16:4

Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

4 Hashem works out all things for Himself, indeed, even the rasha (wicked) for the Yom Ra’ah (day of evil).

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Now about that non denominational church of yours. When your pastor teaches from the Old Testament does he use a Christian version or the original?

Location hidden

#300 Jun 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>New International Version (©2011)
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexual offenders"

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)
9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#301 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus was alive? He is alive.
I agree. Just not in the same sense you do, because to me, He has never visited the hole you call a soul.

Hey I'm being as polite and up-front as I can.

Location hidden

#302 Jun 18, 2013

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#303 Jun 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 1:11-12 (NKJV)
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Quoting Paul (Saul of Tarsus) again. Now we know which savior you follow.

Paul loved scorecards and pointing out how he thought the world should be run. Unfortunately his own teaching were even compromised later by various Church Councils.

BTW about that non denominational church that teaches directly from the Bible.

Care to show me passages from your minister's Bible that say "Christmas" and "Easter"?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#304 Jun 18, 2013
snyper wrote:
Wart thanks Merlin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 54 min Fa-Foxy 198
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 1 hr Fa-Foxy 464
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 1 hr Fa-Foxy 50
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 5
News ACLU settles lawsuit over 'Some People Are Gay'... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 19
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 2 hr JODECKO 163
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr JODECKO 38,723
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Rose_NoHo 15,734
News After gay couple's home is egged, a community r... 6 hr Little Robbie 19
Dying off like flies 7 hr Little Robbie 23
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 9 hr Leo 68,950
More from around the web