Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts...

Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts

There are 917 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Baptists consider dropping Boy Scouts over stance on gay scouts. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

The Rev. A.J. Smith says it's too early for Southern Baptists to give up on the Boy Scouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

First Prev
of 46
Next Last

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1 Jun 11, 2013
If they do it only proves that they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SCOUTS.

They care more about their public appearance.

Christ forgave sins. They should Do what Jesus would Do.

Even though I am sickened that the BSA has chosen to keep the stereotype that all gay men are pedophiles, I don't think that is the message the Baptist should endorse.

One of the best men I ever knew is a Baptist. He was my boss. I think he'd object to this as well. He has a son who is blind who is in the Scouts.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jun 11, 2013
make both organizations smaller, great.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#5 Jun 12, 2013
I still have concerns that the scouts are going to try to do conversion. seems that once a gay becomes 18 there out where hedro's can continue, and this no gay leaders, could it be that they will blow the whistle that the BSA is conducting conversion therapy through peer pressure
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Jun 12, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
I still have concerns that the scouts are going to try to do conversion. seems that once a gay becomes 18 there out where hedro's can continue, and this no gay leaders, could it be that they will blow the whistle that the BSA is conducting conversion therapy through peer pressure
That's why the churches need to be banned from scouting
Religious homophobia is mental illness; and they will drive the Boy Scouts crazy

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#7 Jun 12, 2013
Baptist.....go figure. Says it all right there.
Farber

Chantilly, VA

#9 Jun 12, 2013
Anyone with any morals or decency would drop their association with the Boy Scouts now that they allow homosexual perverts. Obviously the BSA doesn't care about the well-being of boys anymore.
Gator Bait

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Jun 12, 2013
They may drop the scouts because they care more about the kids than having scouts.
Ant Hony

Denver, CO

#11 Jun 12, 2013
Farber wrote:
Anyone with any morals or decency would drop their association with the Southern Baptist now that they allow bigotry. Obviously the BSA care about the well-being of boys.
Fixed it for you!
Sgt Common Sense

Denver, CO

#12 Jun 12, 2013
This is outstanding news. I read another article this morning that stated that many welcoming churches are going to ensure that the kicked out scouts have a place to meet. This may drastically reduce the number of children exposed to Baptist poison.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13 Jun 12, 2013
DNF wrote:
If they do it only proves that they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SCOUTS.
It means they care about their children.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 12, 2013
_Ill Bill_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning shitferbrains.
Romans 1 "reprobate mind"

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#17 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It means they care about their children.
No they don't. If they can't have it THEIR way, they are grabbing their ball and running home. SO,they want boys to be kept from being scouts and fend for themselves, running the streets, joining gangs, and so on. VERY moral. I guess Jesus gave up easily also to prove a point. Didn't He?

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#18 Jun 12, 2013
So if the Baptists can't teach the kids to be bigots, they don't want any part of it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#19 Jun 12, 2013
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
This is outstanding news. I read another article this morning that stated that many welcoming churches are going to ensure that the kicked out scouts have a place to meet. This may drastically reduce the number of children exposed to Baptist poison.
Why don't all these "many welcoming churches" already sponsor troops?

Location hidden

#20 Jun 12, 2013
_Ill Bill_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Shup dummy.

Location hidden

#21 Jun 12, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>No they don't. If they can't have it THEIR way, they are grabbing their ball and running home.
Typical gay comment, charging others of what they themselves are guilty of doing all the time.
Sgt Common Sense

Fairfield, CT

#22 Jun 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't all these "many welcoming churches" already sponsor troops?
Most of them do. Now they're ensuring these boys have a place to continue scouting (without the influence of the Baptist. Again, outstanding news :)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#23 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Titus 3

King James Version (KJV)

"1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,....

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#24 Jun 12, 2013
If they wish to put bigotry before being non judgmental, forgiving, loving and accepting, that is their right. Of course, it paints them as anything but Christian.

"Blessed are you, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake." Luke 6:22

Looks like the Baptists are hypocrites. Who knew.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#25 Jun 12, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You should definitely ask for a reprobate or replacement. Your mind is not working up to expectations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 46
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 13 min Nopal 715
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Barbi A 201,865
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 945
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,797
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr here 37,319
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 hr toabhah 36,047
2016 NOM DC March for Marriage FAIL 8 hr Mr Rogers 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 hr An NFL Fan 13,057
More from around the web