Workzone: Pennsylvania lacks laws gua...

Workzone: Pennsylvania lacks laws guarding sexual orientation

There are 21 comments on the Post-gazette.com story from Oct 13, 2012, titled Workzone: Pennsylvania lacks laws guarding sexual orientation. In it, Post-gazette.com reports that:

In 70 percent of Pennsylvania, gay employees who celebrated National Coming Out Day on Thursday would have no recourse if their bosses fired them Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post-gazette.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Oct 14, 2012
What a stupid comment! Pennsylvania is an employment at will state. Every employer can release an employee when ever! Do these people actually think that being gay gives them some special sort of privilege? You want job protection join a union, be a black person, or a woman, or work for government. Just don't be a white working middle class slob, if so, you ain't got a chance. o matter what that angry old white, selfish, Biden says.
Old Cynic sux

Uniontown, PA

#2 Oct 14, 2012
Good gawd, you ignorant azzwipe! Not if there is a union contract, or a protected class is involved, or any number of other laws are violated, old fool!
Marlena

Plymouth, MN

#3 Oct 14, 2012
Strike while the iron is hot.
Fire as many queers as you can before they sue.
IntK

Plymouth, MN

#4 Oct 14, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
What a stupid comment! Pennsylvania is an employment at will state. Every employer can release an employee when ever! Do these people actually think that being gay gives them some special sort of privilege? You want job protection join a union, be a black person, or a woman, or work for government. Just don't be a white working middle class slob, if so, you ain't got a chance. o matter what that angry old white, selfish, Biden says.
Queers and people who claim to be are threatening their employers.
All anyone has to say if they get fired is that they're some sort of queer or thinking about it and that gives them special rights to not be fired or laid-off.
Queers show no compunction in having black people fired so some queer gets the job with access to all the kids.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Oct 14, 2012
Old Cynic sux wrote:
Good gawd, you ignorant azzwipe! Not if there is a union contract, or a protected class is involved, or any number of other laws are violated, old fool!
That's exactly what I said - read the friggin' post.
Old Cynic sux

Uniontown, PA

#6 Oct 14, 2012
Nope, ol' fool, that is not what you said; trying to use that Romney "etch-a-sketch," old man? You can obviously read and write, but the comprehension skills are clearly lacking!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7 Oct 15, 2012
Marlena wrote:
Strike while the iron is hot.
Fire as many queers as you can before they sue.
You would rather spend your tax dollars supporting gay folks through un-employment insurance, food-stamps, and welfare, than have us support ourselves with a job?

That's very nice of you to want to personally financially support millions of people, but most of us would rather work and support ourselves.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Oct 15, 2012
By the way foilbes, how do these "gay" people prove that they're gay? Do they do the rump ranger thing in the middle of the Clemente Bridge?
Old Cynic sux

Uniontown, PA

#9 Oct 15, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
By the way foilbes, how do these "gay" people prove that they're gay? Do they do the rump ranger thing in the middle of the Clemente Bridge?
Not related at all to the point I was making old fool, so of no concern to me; if it bothers you, go after it, old man! You can do so in the midle of Clemente Bridge, too, if that moves you!
J Esq

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2012
Where in the hell is "hi hi" when Pennsylvania needs him?
Melvin from Mena

Rockwall, TX

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Marlena wrote:
Strike while the iron is hot.
Fire as many queers as you can before they sue.
I agree, fire all the queers right now before it's too late.
Mike Anthony

Mckees Rocks, PA

#12 Oct 15, 2012
Fire the queers and lazy ass obamatangs.
CSG82

Plymouth, MN

#13 Oct 15, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You would rather spend your tax dollars supporting gay folks through un-employment insurance, food-stamps, and welfare, than have us support ourselves with a job?
That's very nice of you to want to personally financially support millions of people, but most of us would rather work and support ourselves.
Homosexuals are rich.
They work in government where they can be around kids.
The rest use their special privileges to get a job or threaten a lawsuit.
Some commit fake hate-crimes for media sympathy, internet fame, fun, and profits through lawsuits.

Nobody can even actually prove that they're a queer, but proof isn't necessary to cash in on it.
Anybody can cash in.
I'm hopeful the homosexuals can find a way to exempt themselves from the IRS.
All of America is waiting.
99.99999% of Americans are going to say that they're gay the next time they file taxes if it means they can write it off.

You go, queers!
HRLab-1015

Plymouth, MN

#14 Oct 15, 2012
Melvin from Mena wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, fire all the queers right now before it's too late.
Just google ENDA
if you want to know why you should fire all the homosexuals currently on the payroll and use every legal ways to not hire new ones.
They're already an incredible burden to have on staff, but also a daunting potential liability in so many ways you could easily foresee going bankrupt.
Let the government hire them and pay their lawsuit settlements and disability and crippling insurance costs.

Look at the reality of the current situation.
Say you think during a 1st interview that someone applying for a position at your company is probably a homosexual.
It's up to you to decide to hire or reject, but because you're a stupid liberal, you approve the hire.
A week later, the homosexual says he/she/it feels it is being victimized in a 'hostile work environment' and feels 'bullied'.
On the way out the door, the crying hysterical homosexual slips and falls on your property.

Who do you think the company is going to fire?
Not the homosexual suing for millions.

The idiot who hired the homosexual is getting the axe.
Who just cost the company at least a half-million and counting.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Oct 15, 2012
HRLab-1015 wrote:
<quoted text>Just google ENDA
if you want to know why you should fire all the homosexuals currently on the payroll and use every legal ways to not hire new ones.
They're already an incredible burden to have on staff, but also a daunting potential liability in so many ways you could easily foresee going bankrupt.
Let the government hire them and pay their lawsuit settlements and disability and crippling insurance costs.
Look at the reality of the current situation.
Say you think during a 1st interview that someone applying for a position at your company is probably a homosexual.
It's up to you to decide to hire or reject, but because you're a stupid liberal, you approve the hire.
A week later, the homosexual says he/she/it feels it is being victimized in a 'hostile work environment' and feels 'bullied'.
On the way out the door, the crying hysterical homosexual slips and falls on your property.
Who do you think the company is going to fire?
Not the homosexual suing for millions.
The idiot who hired the homosexual is getting the axe.
Who just cost the company at least a half-million and counting.
They are out to destroy and bankrupt society. In fact they have, just ask Barney Frank 300 billion later and the fruits in all administrative positions.
End the federal reserve.
Abolish and restructure the tax code.
Unfortunately we are going to learn the hard way.
CSG82

Plymouth, MN

#16 Oct 15, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
They are out to destroy and bankrupt society. In fact they have, just ask Barney Frank 300 billion later and the fruits in all administrative positions.
End the federal reserve.
Abolish and restructure the tax code.
Unfortunately we are going to learn the hard way.
Just keep stocking up on the stuff you're gonna need.
I am.

Keep doing that, and you'll be alright.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Oct 15, 2012
CSG82 wrote:
<quoted text>Just keep stocking up on the stuff you're gonna need.
I am.
Keep doing that, and you'll be alright.
That is one part we need to improve on. We do live in a small town however and have many many conservative 2nd amendment loving friends that WILL look out for each other. A freshwater spring a mile away is a good start. I hunt and fish too.
Peace!
Just Saying

Uniontown, PA

#18 Oct 15, 2012
Wow! CSG82 & HRLab-1015 make Mike Anthony and the Old Fool look almost rational! Couple of real mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, low-brow, anti-intellectual, anti-gay, bible-thumping, gun-toting right wing-nut whack-jobs!
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Oct 15, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Wow! CSG82 & HRLab-1015 make Mike Anthony and the Old Fool look almost rational! Couple of real mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, low-brow, anti-intellectual, anti-gay, bible-thumping, gun-toting right wing-nut whack-jobs!
Only the uneducated cannot see the writing on the wall. This has nothing to do with a bible and everything about being broke financially, physically, and spiritually. And when big bro can't hand out worthless dollars anymore Greece comes here.
The bible did warn us however. Pretty darn good, eh?

There will come a day
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Oct 15, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Wow! CSG82 & HRLab-1015 make Mike Anthony and the Old Fool look almost rational! Couple of real mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, low-brow, anti-intellectual, anti-gay, bible-thumping, gun-toting right wing-nut whack-jobs!
I wish I could've created money out of thin air, loaned it to the govt, and had the tax payers foot the bill, with added interest. Not to mention just give it away to countries around the world. Why does Egypt and Israel need 2 billion from us? How do we pay for it? You are a fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 13 min Strel 13,171
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 20 min Respect71 37,414
Fryday Morning Jade Thread 37 min Antwaun 1
Turday Jade Thread 2 58 min Antoinette 1
The new when will Jade apologize two Frankie th... 1 hr Wilson 5
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 hr Tired of TAQIYA 957
At what age were you born queer? 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 9
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 12 hr WasteWater 991
More from around the web