Vince Vaughn Wants Derogatory ‘Gay’ Joke Kept In Film

Oct 15, 2010 Full story: lezgetreal.com 69
Research has actually shown that while sticks and stones may break bones, words actually do hurt you. They can cause a realignment in the brain that leads to negativity, if used in a negative fashion. Recently, Universal Studios agreed to remove the word ‘gay’ used in a derogatory fashion from the movie trail for The Dilemma’, but Vince Vaughn is hoping that the line remains in the movie. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Does he want a kid to hang himself for real during the movie shoot too? It will make for such good box office. Don't these people take any responsibility for their actions at all?

This whole discussion is making me sick.
WDC

Glendale, CA

#2 Oct 15, 2010
He's an idiot along with all the other unfunny hacks in show-biz. He should concentrate on losing some of that weight that he gained after SWINGERS. That would be a positive message to HIS people.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Good for Vince Vaughn it does seem that more and more in Hollywood have taken a page from proud christian conservatives and telling the gay community to take a hike.

We need more gay jokes not less.
I like Vince as an actor and now as a peson.

Boo hoo gays go cry to Lady Gaga.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Oct 15, 2010
The Golem wrote:
Does he want a kid to hang himself for real during the movie shoot too? It will make for such good box office. Don't these people take any responsibility for their actions at all?
This whole discussion is making me sick.
Oh, pleeeze! You're smarter than that... I thought. One might turn the question around and ask, don't people take any responsibility for their own actions at all?

Granted, it's easier to blame somebody (anybody) else than be responsible for yourself or the child that you raise.
Militant Queer Pete

Yorba Linda, CA

#5 Oct 15, 2010
Whats it's going to take for this Anti-Gay crap to Stops? Do we have to MURDER GAY BASHERS & BULLIES BEFORE ANYTHING IS DONE? REALLY??
QUEER YOUTH RISE AND BASH BACK!
FK ALL THE "Hollywood Homophobia"
TIME TO TAKE OVER THE GG. & OSCARS
LEARN CIVIL DISOBENICE TRAIN TO FIGHT THE HATE.
TO YOUTH; YOUR ALL WORTH A BILLION BUCKS, NOT THE BULLIES, TAKE THEM OUT NOT YOURSELVES, ASK FOR HELP IF YOUR SUICIDAL. MUCH LOVE TO ALL QUEERS. LONG LIVE QUEER NATION.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Oct 15, 2010
Since electric cars are supposed to save money, let him say "Electric cars are SO Jew !"

Being a Jew is a "chosen lifestyle", isn't it ?

:)
Leftatalbuquerqu e

Toronto, Canada

#7 Oct 15, 2010
"I STILL wouldn't f**k him!"

- Bette Midler on her album "Mud Will Be Flung Tonight!", refering to Calvin Klein.
Leftatalbuquerqu e

Toronto, Canada

#8 Oct 15, 2010
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
Good for Vince Vaughn it does seem that more and more in Hollywood have taken a page from proud christian conservatives and telling the gay community to take a hike.
We need more gay jokes not less.
I like Vince as an actor and now as a peson.
Boo hoo gays go cry to Lady Gaga.
If the Gay Community took a hike, we'd ALL look like Vince Vaughn.

[[shudder]]

Don't get me started on Will Farrell.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Oct 15, 2010
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Gay Community took a hike, we'd ALL look like Vince Vaughn.
[[shudder]]
Don't get me started on Will Farrell.
Vince vaugn looks like the typical lesbain.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Oct 15, 2010
Militant Queer Pete wrote:
Whats it's going to take for this Anti-Gay crap to Stops? Do we have to MURDER GAY BASHERS & BULLIES BEFORE ANYTHING IS DONE? REALLY??
QUEER YOUTH RISE AND BASH BACK!
FK ALL THE "Hollywood Homophobia"
TIME TO TAKE OVER THE GG. & OSCARS
LEARN CIVIL DISOBENICE TRAIN TO FIGHT THE HATE.
TO YOUTH; YOUR ALL WORTH A BILLION BUCKS, NOT THE BULLIES, TAKE THEM OUT NOT YOURSELVES, ASK FOR HELP IF YOUR SUICIDAL. MUCH LOVE TO ALL QUEERS. LONG LIVE QUEER NATION.
Okay, you're not to do anything but bluster. Did it give you a stiffy trying to act butch?
Texana

Arlington, TX

#11 Oct 15, 2010
Well, I wish I could say that that I'm going to boycott this film because of the anti-gay slur in it ... but the truth is, I've been boycotting Vince Vaughn movies for years because I think he's a piss-poor actor and a repugnant human being.

His stance on the issue of this unnecessary and puerile "joke" just confirms what I've known all along.

Next issue please!

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#12 Oct 15, 2010
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
Good for Vince Vaughn it does seem that more and more in Hollywood have taken a page from proud christian conservatives and telling the gay community to take a hike.
We need more gay jokes not less.
I like Vince as an actor and now as a peson.
Boo hoo gays go cry to Lady Gaga.
If he REALLY wanted to "take a page from proud christian conservatives", he'd take the gays to the edge of town and stone them to death. Along with LOTS of other heinous criminals like adulterers, rebellious children, and witches. You'd better get to killin', unless someone thinks YOU'RE not a proud Christian conservative.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#13 Oct 15, 2010
There is nothing funny about Vince Vaughn and there never has been. He just knows that the only people who laugh at his jokes aren't very intelligent, and since bigots aren't very intelligent, he's appealing to his audience. They gay jokes shouldn't be in the movie at ALL, but even if it is, people can choose not to see it. Having the jokes in the trailer, on the other hand, is offensive and inappropriate, especially considering recent events.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Oct 15, 2010
JaneKrahe wrote:
They gay jokes shouldn't be in the movie at ALL,
You're against free speech and free expression if you don't personally approve of?

May Republicans tell you your speech shouldn't be if they find it not to their liking? How about *real* homophobes? Should they tell you that your behavior or speech is offensive and prohibit same simply because they say it, you shouldn't say anything even if you know they're nut jobs?

Are you really putting yourself in their same class... or lack thereof?
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Oct 15, 2010
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
If he REALLY wanted to "take a page from proud christian conservatives", he'd take the gays to the edge of town and stone them to death.
When was there any incident of the type you fabricate? No, wait. Such an incedent never hapopened? So you're simply lying for effect? And since you are lying, should anybody ever believe your bullsh!t again? And is your bullsh!t any different than the christian nut jobs who call you an abomination?

I don't think you're an abomination. Just a liar.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Oct 15, 2010
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> You're against free speech and free expression if you don't personally approve of?
May Republicans tell you your speech shouldn't be if they find it not to their liking? How about *real* homophobes? Should they tell you that your behavior or speech is offensive and prohibit same simply because they say it, you shouldn't say anything even if you know they're nut jobs?
Are you really putting yourself in their same class... or lack thereof?
lol I'm not against free speech, I'm against unfunny comedies. Gay jokes shouldn't be in films because they aren't funny, not because I find them offensive. It's like I was saying, Vince Vaughn isn't funny, and neither are gay jokes.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#17 Oct 15, 2010
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> When was there any incident of the type you fabricate? No, wait. Such an incedent never hapopened? So you're simply lying for effect? And since you are lying, should anybody ever believe your bullsh!t again? And is your bullsh!t any different than the christian nut jobs who call you an abomination?
I don't think you're an abomination. Just a liar.
Maybe they need to re-shoot the scene and use the words "That's so fat and bald". Since I could stand to lose more than a few pounds I can say the fat part.

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#18 Oct 15, 2010
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, pleeeze! You're smarter than that... I thought. One might turn the question around and ask, don't people take any responsibility for their own actions at all?
Granted, it's easier to blame somebody (anybody) else than be responsible for yourself or the child that you raise.
So take some demmed responsibility yourself and shut your mouth until you know what you're tslking about. Would you say the same thing to burned out Viet Nam veterns who decide that they can't deal with the pain anymore? Holocaust survivors who killed themselves years after being freed from the camps?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#19 Oct 15, 2010
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> When was there any incident of the type you fabricate? No, wait. Such an incedent never hapopened? So you're simply lying for effect? And since you are lying, should anybody ever believe your bullsh!t again? And is your bullsh!t any different than the christian nut jobs who call you an abomination?
I don't think you're an abomination. Just a liar.
Just exaggerating for sarcastic effect, really.

No, that crap DOESN'T happen, because thankfully, most Christians do not behave in the manner that their scripture tells them to. Otherwise we'd have tons of people dead from wearing mixed fibers or coming into contact with a menstruating woman. You know, the really scandalous crimes. And Christians don't do these things (anymore) because they either A), ignore their god's laws so they can stay out of trouble by following secular laws, or B), they realize that following such laws would be asinine and immoral, and they happily gloss over the archaic parts of the bible that include such obviously evil and wrong-headed instructions.

Were there EVER such incidents? Probably. Somebody wrote that garbage for a reason, and it's certain that someone once believed it, and acted on it. But not in modern times. Even today, Christians know how to behave better than the "good" book would have them behave.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Oct 15, 2010
The first time I saw a picture of him for a movie, I thought it was Lea Delaria.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 5 min Abrahammock Religion 11
US Supreme Court refuses to block SC gay marriages 8 min Strange World 14
Study Suggests But Doesn't Prove Genetic Link t... 12 min WeTheSheeple 155
Gambia leader approves law that would jail some... 15 min Gremlin 5
Jehovah's Witness Leader Lets Loose on Tight At... 18 min RedhorseWoman 326
It Gets Worse: Russia's Kremlin Targets LGBT Yo... 23 min Gremlin 3
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 29 min Frankie Rizzo 3,224
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 49 min Abrahammock Religion 599
Judge overturns Montana's gay marriage ban 53 min Fa-Foxy 66
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,840

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE