Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Op...

Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition

There are 232 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 17, 2014, titled Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition. In it, EDGE reports that:

The anti-gay chicken fast-food restaurant Chick-fil-A is planning to open an eatery in Vallejo A proposed Chick-fil-A location in Vallejo has drawn opposition from LGBT residents and others due to the company's anti-gay history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
down low obama

Vallejo, CA

#1 Jul 18, 2014
well here's the choice, the city fathers and mothers can increase the city tax base or they can kiss the asses of the 1% of homosexual perverts in town
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Jul 18, 2014
The company CEO is anti-gay marriage, he doesn't hate gay people. The restaurants are not anti-gay. They hire gays to work for them. It seems no one can write a factual story anymore. It seems attempting to deliver a lame point of view trumps facts.
Wanglow

Santa Rosa, CA

#4 Jul 18, 2014
The Good News is that the number of gays with AIDS is increasing.
Duh

Vallejo, CA

#5 Jul 18, 2014
Bunch of progressive schmucks.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#6 Jul 18, 2014
Dan Cathy, the president and CEO of Chick-fil-A, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he regrets that the Georgia-based company ever became a synonymous with anti-gay attitudes after he spoke out against Supreme Court’s rulings that recognized same-sex marriage.

“Every leader goes through different phases of maturity, growth and development and it helps by [recognizing] the mistakes that you make.” He added,“And you learn from those mistakes. If not, you’re just a fool. I’m thankful that I lived through it and I learned a lot from it.”

And we consumers can decide which businesses we want to support.
Carlos

San Diego, CA

#7 Jul 18, 2014
Go Chick-fil-A go!!!
Fast Food Flurry

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2014
Um, really, why is this even a topic of conversation. Fast food restaurants have not exactly offered our country anything more than poor health and low wage jobs.

It creates a cycle that is difficult to break.

Nobody will be worse off, if anything, they will be better off with fewer of these gastronomic disaster areas in their community.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Jul 18, 2014
I go to restaurants that are clean and serve good food. I don't care what the CEO thinks.
anon

Vallejo, CA

#10 Jul 18, 2014
Fast Food Flurry wrote:
Um, really, why is this even a topic of conversation.
Because the LGBT community is making it a topic and they are not concerned, in the least about whether or not, if it is a healthy food choice.
Carlos

San Diego, CA

#11 Jul 18, 2014
I ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A today. It was great! I was able to enjoy a nice meal in peace without being subjected to any homosexual perverts kissing each other and making me sick.
Duh

Vallejo, CA

#13 Jul 19, 2014
To be clear, the thing to be annoyed at here is not gayness itself, but Gayness Inc. and the Gayness Social Club.

"Every great cause as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket."
Eric Hoffer
Duh

Vallejo, CA

#14 Jul 19, 2014
(begins as a movement)
chik fil sammie

Vallejo, CA

#15 Jul 19, 2014
i read the staff report on the disputed left turn lane. the planning wizards wanted a u-turn option instead. staff declared that gem to be even more dangerous statistically than the left turn lane. staff "respectfully" packed the pc recommendation and supports approval of the appeal.
i wonder if bob schussel will speak "as a private citizen" to council, lol.
i wonder if he will quit the pc because council repeatedly overrules them?
may i take your order?
Sam is a big fat pig

Fairfield, CA

#16 Jul 20, 2014
The good news is that Fatso will eat their breaded chicken and clog his arteries even sooner. Soon there will be bets as to when he will die of a stroke or heart attack.

LOL!

*t)urd enragement!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 20, 2014
Wondering wrote:
The company CEO is anti-gay marriage, he doesn't hate gay people..........
Sorry, but if you want to enforce laws that directly harm gay folks, their spouses, and their kids, and send a message to every gay youth in the country that they are unworthy of the ability to have a legally recognized spouse, then you hate gay people.

There is no other way to spin that. The fact that you still want them to purchase your product simply make you greedy and irrational.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18 Jul 20, 2014
Duh wrote:
To be clear, the thing to be annoyed at here is not gayness itself, but Gayness Inc. and the Gayness Social Club.
Legal marriage is a Gay Social Club?

Who knew?
mayor sammie

Vallejo, CA

#19 Jul 20, 2014
"quest" = sick buttpacker
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#21 Jul 20, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but if you want to enforce laws that directly harm gay folks, their spouses, and their kids, and send a message to every gay youth in the country that they are unworthy of the ability to have a legally recognized spouse, then you hate gay people.
There is no other way to spin that. The fact that you still want them to purchase your product simply make you greedy and irrational.
The only thing that would give your post even a hint of credence would be if he fired all of the gays that work for the company. That would harm "gay folks, their spouses, and their kids."
His opinion that marriage should be between one man and one woman harms no one and is shared by millions.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#22 Jul 20, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of all Americans believe that gay men and lesbians have a constitutional right to marry, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll in which a large majority also said businesses should not be able to deny serving gays for religious reasons.

Fifty percent say the U.S. Constitution's guarantee of equal protection gives gays the right to marry, while 41 percent say it does not.

Beyond the constitutional questions, a record-high 59 percent say they support same-sex marriage, while 34 percent are opposed, the widest margin tracked in Post-ABC polling.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/suppor...
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#23 Jul 20, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
And we consumers can decide which businesses we want to support.
Super, but that's not what this is about.

This is about the intolerant left trying to use the power of governmental action to shut down and economically harm those with beliefs the left objects to.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sally Kohn, Jewish Lesbian Sharia Advocate 4 min Fa-Foxy 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 15,988
News Why culture war issues like same-sex marriage a... 19 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 7
News Greens against gay marriage plebiscite The Gree... 43 min Rosa_Winkel 8
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 55 min lake bay boy 38,791
News The 12 Best Dating Apps 1 hr Nieto 3
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 3 hr Dunk 25
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 hr June VanDerMark 11,306
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 6 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 72
More from around the web