I Called the Top Individual Donors to...

I Called the Top Individual Donors to Reject Gay Marriage to Let Them Explain Their Opposition

There are 4 comments on the slog.thestranger.com story from Nov 5, 2012, titled I Called the Top Individual Donors to Reject Gay Marriage to Let Them Explain Their Opposition. In it, slog.thestranger.com reports that:

I spent two evenings last week calling the top 25 individual donors to Preserve Marriage Washington, asking them to explain, in their own words, why they decided to commit money to the campaign to stop gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at slog.thestranger.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 6, 2012
Very good article.

I wish it had been transcribed in script form, though.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#2 Nov 6, 2012
Just love how so many work in the "I don't hate LGBT but" bs.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#3 Nov 6, 2012
Wow. Is anyone surprised that NONE of these people could articulate a logica, cause-and-effect-based reason for their opposition to marriage equality??

The common thread, to me, appears to be an extreme fear of both change and the unknown, but ALSO a near complete unwillingness to even THINK about the issue. It's as if they were all very much aware that they are wrong about their stance, but thinking about the reality of the situation is just too much for them. And going against the religious "beliefs" that have been hammered into them is *especially* terrifying.(no surprise there, though....)

Bizarre. And these people that refuse to think about something as simple as equal civil rights STILL get to vote....

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Article wrote:
LetÂ’s put it this way: If it is approved, it is the beginning of putting marriage with gay and lesbian people on the same level as marriage between a man and a woman.
I love how these people slip up and show what they really mean. Essentially, this guy just said he's against equality...it's right there, plain as day. Yet these people say they aren't bigots?
Who are they trying to fool?

By the way, isn't the above quote an unconstitutional view? "It's the beginning of putting certain people at the same level as everyone else," is what I got from this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 4 min Fa-Foxy 69
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 7 min JohnInToronto 61
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 11 min Robin Hood 161
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 15 min Fa-Foxy 273
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 20 min Justise League 60,549
Which Brand Of Douch Does NE Jade Use? 22 min Artimus 1
News Supreme Court ruling allows same-sex couples to... 24 min huey goins 8
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 697
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 2 hr INFIDEL 74
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 3 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 506