New Oregon Marriage Licenses Read For Same-Sex Couples

Apr 18, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

In light of the Oregon attorney general's decision to not defend the state's ban on gay marriage, Oregon is now revising its marriage licenses to include forms for same-sex couples.

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Earl wrote:
Think of all the money states are being forced to waste on this BS.
How is "equal protection of the laws" BS ?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Poor Earl1. Numerous names/locations and nothing can be done to rally the troll patrol and stop progress! Must be so frustrating.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Earl wrote:
Think of all the money states are being forced to waste on this BS.
I agree!! Think of how many hungry people those churches could have fed or homeless people they could have housed with the millions that they've wasted trying to keep people they don't even know from marrying the person of their choice.

What an unbelievable waste of money!!

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!! Think of how many hungry people those churches could have fed or homeless people they could have housed with the millions that they've wasted trying to keep people they don't even know from marrying the person of their choice.
What an unbelievable waste of money!!
EXACTLY ! GOOD post !:)
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Earl wrote:
Think of all the money states are being forced to waste on this BS.
Oh! for heavenly snakes!
.
How much money are you looking for?
.
A marriage license is a piece of fancy paper for which a gay couple pays $35
.
Oregon's profit is more than $34.99 every time a fabulous gay couple gets hitched

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

All Civil Marriage license applications should just read "Spouse 1" and "Spouse 2".

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

It sounds as if Oregon has adopted the same type of format that California now uses.......people have the option to identify as they see fit!!!

Good for them and hopefully Oregon will be the 18th OFFICIAL State to grant Gays and Lesbians the right to marry:-)

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NorCal Native wrote:
It sounds as if Oregon has adopted the same type of format that California now uses.......people have the option to identify as they see fit!!!
Good for them and hopefully Oregon will be the 18th OFFICIAL State to grant Gays and Lesbians the right to marry:-)
I hope you're right.
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wondering how the AG here (and others like minded) can simply refuse to enforce laws on the books that they don't agree with (or that someone in the Administration tells them not to agree with).

I mean, if the law on the books was "SSM allowed", and the AG declined to enforce it, how many cheerleaders now here would be aghast?

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
Wondering how the AG here (and others like minded) can simply refuse to enforce laws on the books that they don't agree with (or that someone in the Administration tells them not to agree with).
I mean, if the law on the books was "SSM allowed", and the AG declined to enforce it, how many cheerleaders now here would be aghast?
Well I agree with you there. That's why we have a separate judicial branch in our government[s].
If and when an AG decides not to enforce the law on the books, for any reason, that' just lawlessness.
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I agree with you there. That's why we have a separate judicial branch in our government[s].
If and when an AG decides not to enforce the law on the books, for any reason, that' just lawlessness.
My point.

It's hats and horns here on the thread as their ox isn't being gored, so to speak. They don't agree with the law that the AG isn't upholding, so no problem-party on.

Flip the script, and the wailing would be like an air raid siren.
Christian Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan wrote:
Wondering how the AG here (and others like minded) can simply refuse to enforce laws on the books
You're a dumb pos who will "wonder" until the blessed day you keel over.

No AG has to defend laws they believe to be unconstitutional.

There was recently this case called, "Windsor," which altered the landscape for all these laws on the books in various states now banning recognition of same sex marriages. They're no longer legally valid. It's just a matter of time to sort all this out.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dan wrote:
Wondering how the AG here (and others like minded) can simply refuse to enforce laws on the books that they don't agree with (or that someone in the Administration tells them not to agree with).
I mean, if the law on the books was "SSM allowed", and the AG declined to enforce it, how many cheerleaders now here would be aghast?
They aren't refusing to enforce the law. No same-sex couple can marrying in Oregon; the ban is being fully enforced.

They are simply refusing to DEFEND the unconstitutional law in court.

If the majority of voters in Oregon passed an amendment banning black people, would you expect the AG to defend that in court as well?

Each state AG swears to uphold the FEDERAL as well as the state constitution, and federal always trumps state when they are in conflict.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
My point.
It's hats and horns here on the thread as their ox isn't being gored, so to speak. They don't agree with the law that the AG isn't upholding, so no problem-party on.
Flip the script, and the wailing would be like an air raid siren.
Again, the law IS being fully enforced. No same-sex couples can marry in Oregon.

EVERY Attorney General has at some point declined to defend a state law in court; usually when that law is obviously unconstitutional or has been rendered moot by other actions.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wait until the anti-gays find out the judge hearing the case is gay.
Christian Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2014
 
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Wait until the anti-gays find out the judge hearing the case is gay.
So they can try to hookup with him on c'ist?
Christian Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 18, 2014
 
craigslist - _c'list_
PDXDru

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 18, 2014
 
Earl wrote:
Think of all the money states are being forced to waste on this BS.
Think of all the money states will MAKE! A new study shows that the freedom to marry would boost Oregon's economy by $47.3 MILLION -- in just the first three years alone!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 18, 2014
 
NorCal Native wrote:
It sounds as if Oregon has adopted the same type of format that California now uses.......people have the option to identify as they see fit!!!
Good for them and hopefully Oregon will be the 18th OFFICIAL State to grant Gays and Lesbians the right to marry:-)
" ... grant the right ... " ???!!!???

Rephrase now, DAMN IT !!!
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Christian Taliban wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a dumb pos who will "wonder" until the blessed day you keel over.
No AG has to defend laws they believe to be unconstitutional.
There was recently this case called, "Windsor," which altered the landscape for all these laws on the books in various states now banning recognition of same sex marriages. They're no longer legally valid. It's just a matter of time to sort all this out.
Actually, the AG doesn't get to decide what laws to enforce and which not to.

They aren't tasked with constitutional review. If they don't like a law, they have to do what everyone else does until it changes. Abide by it, and in the AG's case, enforce it.

Thanks anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... 8 min yes we do 149
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Terry rigsby 48,960
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 10 min Frankie Rizzo 16,153
Biggest Gay Lies 12 min Frankie Rizzo 1,269
US court: Va. gay marriage ban unconstitutional 13 min Fa-Foxy 46
State Attorneys General Defy Public Support for... 13 min Reverend Alan 46
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 15 min Frankie Rizzo 67,669
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 32 min Frankie Rizzo 52,780
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 39 min Frankie Rizzo 2,616
•••
•••