Florida student, 18, criminally charg...

Florida student, 18, criminally charged after lesbian relationship

There are 504 comments on the New York Daily News story from May 19, 2013, titled Florida student, 18, criminally charged after lesbian relationship. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

The family of Kaitlyn Hunt wants prosecutors to reconsider the charges against their daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#86 May 25, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
Any 18 year old person who has sex with a 14 year old person commits statutory rape, period.
The age of consent in Mexico is 12 years old. What is perfectly legal in Mexico is illegal through out the entire USA.

In California you can be arrested and sent to prison for 3 years for doing something that if you stepped across the border to Nevada it is perfectly legal. Through out the USA the laws are as low as 16 and as high as 18. Procecutors just love to get people on the Sex Registry list, which is why I am surprisd the age of consent has not been raised to 21.

As concerns everything with our government this is insanity.

And it was God who set the age of consent at 12 years old because the Virgin Mary was only 12 years old when God knocked her up via the holy spook. Of course, I have never met a Christian who cares what rules God makes. Except for the gay rules, that is all they care about.

In some countries the Christians are so against God that the local Government had to pass a law against all sex outside of a Christian marriage.

Location hidden

#87 May 25, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rev. Fagg@t, do you enjoy being a false prophet? You do know what the bible says about that don't you? Hey Queer, do yourself and me a favor and get yourself some older d!ck tonight, cut the little boy loose.
Are you recruiting us to join your church again?
nice

Columbia, IL

#90 May 25, 2013
its not a matter if gay or not she broke the law as written cops let speeders off the hook at times give leser charges. i found 18+ male naked from the waist down in bed with my 14 year old stepdaughter.smacked the crap out of him and chased him out of the house. later that day she ran away wih him, took the cops to get her back home. wanted to press rape charges but told that it would be hard to prove. also heard that the victim also had run away to kates house and then had sex so delinguency is also an issue

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#92 May 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>The age of consent in Mexico is 12 years old. What is perfectly legal in Mexico is illegal through out the entire USA.

In California you can be arrested and sent to prison for 3 years for doing something that if you stepped across the border to Nevada it is perfectly legal. Through out the USA the laws are as low as 16 and as high as 18. Procecutors just love to get people on the Sex Registry list, which is why I am surprisd the age of consent has not been raised to 21.

As concerns everything with our government this is insanity.

And it was God who set the age of consent at 12 years old because the Virgin Mary was only 12 years old when God knocked her up via the holy spook. Of course, I have never met a Christian who cares what rules God makes. Except for the gay rules, that is all they care about.

In some countries the Christians are so against God that the local Government had to pass a law against all sex outside of a Christian marriage.
I'm not sure of the relevance of most of this, but it shouldn't be legal at 12 in Mexico, the answer to that shouldn't be "it's legal in Mexico, so lets make it legal here"
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#93 May 26, 2013
Something tells me we don't want to follow the laws of Mexico.

Location hidden

#94 May 26, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid Fagg@t, in case you haven't noticed, this ain't Mexico, it's the USA and it's illegal.
it was God who set the age of consent at 12 years old because the Virgin Mary was only 12 years old when God knocked her up via the holy spook. Of course, I have never met a Christian who cares what rules God makes. Except for the gay rules, that is all they care about.

Location hidden

#95 May 26, 2013
Juan wrote:
Something tells me we don't want to follow the laws of Mexico.
Something tells me that you want to impose your beliefs on others.

Location hidden

#96 May 26, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not sure of the relevance of most of this, but it shouldn't be legal at 12 in Mexico, the answer to that shouldn't be "it's legal in Mexico, so lets make it legal here"
You do not know what the age of consent should be. And neither do the governments of the world judging from it being as young as 12 and as old as 21.

When I was 14 I was mature enough to know what I wanted to do and whom I wanted to do it with.

When were you mature enough to understand what you wanted?

Location hidden

#97 May 26, 2013
Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid Fagg@t, in case you haven't noticed, this ain't Mexico, it's the USA and it's illegal.
Illegal? The point you missed is that what is perfectly legal in Nevada is completely illegal in California. What a shame you pew warming bigots can't read. We might actually have a decent conversation if you could.
here

Columbia, IL

#102 May 26, 2013
rev alan is a pedophile if he wants 12 to be legal
here

Columbia, IL

#103 May 26, 2013
hell lets forgive the ones that slip drugs in drinks, folks that drive around trying to lure young ones in thier cars, hell lets dump all rape laws make the world a more loving place for all but the victims.
here

Columbia, IL

#104 May 26, 2013
kates parent need slapped hard for making it out that the 14 year old victim and her parents are wrong
here

Columbia, IL

#106 May 27, 2013
kate sorry excuse for parents blame everyone else except kate, drag it out in th media and keep hurting th victim, whom im sure would like it all to just go away.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#108 May 27, 2013
I agree, her parents are part of the problem.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#109 May 27, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just by dating a 14 year old girl she's already proven she's not smart enough to take the plea.
She will now have a record the rest of her life.
This case is never going to go to trial. No trial, no record.

Location hidden

#110 May 27, 2013
Byron wrote:
<quoted text> No need, cause I aint queer and I don't have sex with children :-)
You are a lying scumbag

Location hidden

#111 May 27, 2013
Guy Wiliford wrote:
Why doesn't the younger girl just swear that the two of them never had sex? Case Closed.
That's one of many reasons this case is never going to go to trial.

Location hidden

#112 May 27, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
Any 18 year old person who has sex with a 14 year old person commits statutory rape, period.
Depends on the state. But we know such laws are always selectively enforced, as in this case at hand. If all were prosecuted all our jails would be up to the rafters with twentysomething year old men.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#114 May 27, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
This case is never going to go to trial. No trial, no record.
I think it will go to trial. And I think she's guilty.

I think the prosecuter should let her plead guilty to a misdemeanor, no jail time, and she should agree to have no contact with her girlfriend until she is of legal age.
Pepper

Alexandria, VA

#115 May 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>I think it will go to trial. And I think she's guilty.

I think the prosecuter should let her plead guilty to a misdemeanor, no jail time, and she should agree to have no contact with her girlfriend until she is of legal age.
But if she breaks the agreement and sees the girl, then all deals are off and off to jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 9 min lides 398
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min Respect71 25,821
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 23 min nhjeff 8,784
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 26 min lides 1,181
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 30 min Lea 1
News Will clerk issue gay marriage licenses after co... 34 min NorCal Native 5
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 50 min True Christian wi... 10
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 51 min Believer in God a... 3,122
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 39
More from around the web