Florida student, 18, criminally charg...

Florida student, 18, criminally charged after lesbian relationship

There are 507 comments on the New York Daily News story from May 19, 2013, titled Florida student, 18, criminally charged after lesbian relationship. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

The family of Kaitlyn Hunt wants prosecutors to reconsider the charges against their daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

The Energizer Bunny

Alpharetta, GA

#420 Jun 22, 2013
frilled2b wrote:
<quoted text>
She admitted to penetrating the child with her fingers you full.
Fingers? No hun
They finally arrested the penetrator and threw it in jail
The penetrator's batteries are under arrest too
It just keeps going and going and going.....
The Energizer Bunny

Alpharetta, GA

#421 Jun 22, 2013
It will be interesting to watch Florida's snarling orgasm police convict a 2-month old Chinese electric penis for underage sex with a 14 year old AA girl
Are the batteries considered an accessory?

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#422 Jun 22, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
You toss out a lot of name-calling but have nothing to back it up, showing what na ridiculous cretin you are.
You have your cretins mixed up. It is you and not him who best exemplifies the term.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#423 Jun 22, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And they protect children and adolescents who haven't yet developed the ability to make healthy choices, and understand the full consequences of their actions. No self respecting adult would take sexual advantage of a child, and the law had to be drawn somewhere.
If the adult is to stupid and selfish to obey the law, then they SHOULD be "harassed" by the police. And arrested by the police.
That's what we pay them for.
I must respect you for making that post. While you are an advocate for gay rights, you at least have the sense to know that supporting an anything goes position on age differences is morally wrong. The Kaitlyn Hunt case is a case of an adult exploiting an underage person for her own sexual gratification and not a gay rights issue. With an 18 year old male having sex with a 14 year old girl, I would take exactly the same position that it was wrong and should be punished to the same extent of the law.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#424 Jun 22, 2013
Catholic created gay wrote:
Some of Florida's laws are really stupid. And trying children as adults is even stupider. Was there any penetration? In this case, I think not.
The limitations of lesbains in not being able to actually physically vpenetrate each other does make substituting one's finders for a penis any less disgusting.

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#425 Jun 22, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>The limitations of lesbains in not being able to actually physically vpenetrate each other does make substituting one's finders for a penis any less disgusting.
Thank you.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#426 Jun 22, 2013
frilled2b wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Actually, I meant to say that substituting one's fingers for the male organ does not make it any less disgusting, but it does seem like you understood what I said anyway.

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#427 Jun 22, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I meant to say that substituting one's fingers for the male organ does not make it any less disgusting, but it does seem like you understood what I said anyway.
Don't forget in the school bathroom.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#428 Jun 22, 2013
Execute her !(This legal stuff is easy !:))

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#430 Jun 22, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>The limitations of lesbains in not being able to actually physically vpenetrate each other does make substituting one's finders for a penis any less disgusting.
I just don't think the age difference is sufficient to make the acts illegal. If it was a boy and a girl it would be fine.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#432 Jun 23, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I meant to say that substituting one's fingers for the male organ does not make it any less disgusting, but it does seem like you understood what I said anyway.
They probably, like I did, read it for what it was supposed to say and didn't even notice what I assume was an auto correct mistake.

Location hidden

#433 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>I just don't think the age difference is sufficient to make the acts illegal. If it was a boy and a girl it would be fine.
I don't think so. If she was 16 and the other girl was 20, maybe, 18 and 22, fine. This girl is 14, she shouldn't even be in a sexual relationship. I am not naive enough to say that 14 year olds don't have sex, but this is too much an age difference for a 14 year old. It doesn't matter if it's a girl/girl relationship. I have a no contact order on a 18 year old boy for my child (girl) who was fifteen at the time of the incident. There was proof of a sexual relationship between the girls, so that is what made them able to prosecute.

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#435 Jun 23, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
I don't think so. If she was 16 and the other girl was 20, maybe, 18 and 22, fine. This girl is 14, she shouldn't even be in a sexual relationship. I am not naive enough to say that 14 year olds don't have sex, but this is too much an age difference for a 14 year old. It doesn't matter if it's a girl/girl relationship. I have a no contact order on a 18 year old boy for my child (girl) who was fifteen at the time of the incident. There was proof of a sexual relationship between the girls, so that is what made them able to prosecute.
The reality is, whether or not this act was even illegal depends on the state where it took place. Most states have laws that make 18 and 14 a felony for the 18 year-old, but not all. Some states classify it as a misdemeanor because of their ages. A few, don't even consider it a crime. There is no uniform standard to age of consent laws and there are exceptions to some of them for which creepy is an understatement. But then again, the whole notion that kids should be hands off until at least 16 is a fairly new one. A century or so ago, no state had an age of consent older than 14 and a couple put it as low as 10 when it came to girls, so creepy bits left over are to be expected. Florida's law, currently limited to opposite sex couples only, would have allowed them to marry (with parental and/or judicial consent, proof of pregnancy, or proof that the younger one had been married before) and to consent to their heart's content.

Location hidden

#436 Jun 23, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The reality is, whether or not this act was even illegal depends on the state where it took place. Most states have laws that make 18 and 14 a felony for the 18 year-old, but not all. Some states classify it as a misdemeanor because of their ages. A few, don't even consider it a crime. There is no uniform standard to age of consent laws and there are exceptions to some of them for which creepy is an understatement. But then again, the whole notion that kids should be hands off until at least 16 is a fairly new one. A century or so ago, no state had an age of consent older than 14 and a couple put it as low as 10 when it came to girls, so creepy bits left over are to be expected. Florida's law, currently limited to opposite sex couples only, would have allowed them to marry (with parental and/or judicial consent, proof of pregnancy, or proof that the younger one had been married before) and to consent to their heart's content.
I understand this, but now we know that 14 year olds aren't mature enough for a relationship, not to mention the fact that a century ago women were seen not much better than property. We also know that 10, 12, & 14 year old's bodies are not able to have children safely.

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#438 Jun 23, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
I understand this, but now we know that 14 year olds aren't mature enough for a relationship, not to mention the fact that a century ago women were seen not much better than property.
Some states still don't feel that way, at least according their laws. South Dakota will still legally allow a 10 year-old to go that far, as long as it is with someone younger than 13, but would criminalize this story because of the 4 year age difference and the younger being under 16. Changes in age of consent laws were a product of the children's rights movement, perhaps the single most effective civil rights movement in this country's history. Their goal was to get adults to quit seeing children as adults and not just when it came to having sex with them and their having sex with each other.
Kimberling wrote:
We also know that 10, 12, & 14 year old's bodies are not able to have children safely.
If it weren't for a 10, 12, or 14 year-old successfully and safely giving birth at some point in our family tree, most of us wouldn't be here. My great-grandmother was 16 when she gave birth to my grandfather, he was her third child of seven that lived to adulthood, she married my great-grandfather when she was 13 and he was 17.

Location hidden

#440 Jun 23, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Some states still don't feel that way, at least according their laws. South Dakota will still legally allow a 10 year-old to go that far, as long as it is with someone younger than 13, but would criminalize this story because of the 4 year age difference and the younger being under 16. Changes in age of consent laws were a product of the children's rights movement, perhaps the single most effective civil rights movement in this country's history. Their goal was to get adults to quit seeing children as adults and not just when it came to having sex with them and their having sex with each other. Kimberling wrote, " We also know that 10, 12, & 14 year old's bodies are not able to have children safely."

If it weren't for a 10, 12, or 14 year-old successfully and safely giving birth at some point in our family tree, most of us wouldn't be here. My great-grandmother was 16 when she gave birth to my grandfather, he was her third child of seven that lived to adulthood, she married my great-grandfather when she was 13 and he was 17.
Yes, but what damage did it do to their little bodies? There's not a lot of information on that, at least, not that I can find, but that does not mean it didn't.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#441 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I just don't think the age difference is sufficient to make the acts illegal. If it was a boy and a girl it would be fine.
No, it wouldn't. Four years isn't a big deal for people in their 20's, but there's a huge difference in emotional development between ages 14 and 18. 14 is way too young. If one were 18 and the other 22, that would be fine.

The genders of the persons involved is a non-issue. This is a case of a legal adult having had sex with a minor. Now, at 18, she may not have been fully aware of the seriousness of her offense, but she should have known it was illegal and what the consequences would be if she were caught.

town near Jax, Fl

#442 Jun 23, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think we need to reevaluate the legal side of an issue when it involves teens between the ages of puberty and 18. It's like the law (now gone) that didn't allow blacks and whites to marry.
It certainly wasn't because they wouldn't fall in love or be attracted to each other. If the 18 year old had been 17, there'd have been no problem. That is wrong.

town near Jax, Fl

#443 Jun 23, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wouldn't. Four years isn't a big deal for people in their 20's, but there's a huge difference in emotional development between ages 14 and 18. 14 is way too young. If one were 18 and the other 22, that would be fine.
The genders of the persons involved is a non-issue. This is a case of a legal adult having had sex with a minor. Now, at 18, she may not have been fully aware of the seriousness of her offense, but she should have known it was illegal and what the consequences would be if she were caught.
Thank you for making my argument against treating children as adults.
Most on this blog disagree with me. And we've been there before.

town near Jax, Fl

#444 Jun 23, 2013
teenage boys stick there fingers in teenage girl's snatches all the time and you never hear a thing about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 20 min No Surprise 556
News Trump bans transgender people from military 41 min Rose_NoHo 332
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 47 min Beatnik 53,723
News Patrick's Cabaret settles antigay discriminatio... 58 min Rev Cash Dollar 13
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 8,413
News Organist Says Fear of Trump Future Made Him Pai... 1 hr Rev Cash Dollar 18
News Imam Who Compared Gays To Pedophiles After Orla... 1 hr Xavier 4
News Teen weighs impact of joining school gay-straig... 13 hr The Troll Stopper 7
More from around the web