Florida student, 18, criminally charged after lesbian relationship

There are 20 comments on the May 19, 2013, New York Daily News story titled Florida student, 18, criminally charged after lesbian relationship. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

The family of Kaitlyn Hunt wants prosecutors to reconsider the charges against their daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Lorraine

Sioux Falls, SD

#387 Jun 20, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
I know an article mentioned that there were several straight freshmen (14 year olds) with seniors (18 year olds) at that school and know one is complaining or wanting to prosecute those people. What else are we supposed to think other than it has to do with animus toward Kate's sexual orientation?
The parents of the 14 year olds would need to report it to the police. If those 18 year olds that you refer to haven't been arrested it's because it's not being reported to the police. The Sheriff in Indian River County already said that they have prosecuted 18 year old males.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#389 Jun 20, 2013
I don't think it would have reached this point if not for the 14/15 yr olds parents. They are completely against the relationship and were just chomping at the bit waiting for Kate to turn 18.

But, the law is the law.

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#390 Jun 20, 2013
Madam Blue wrote:
I don't think it would have reached this point if not for the 14/15 yr olds parents. They are completely against the relationship and were just chomping at the bit waiting for Kate to turn 18.
But, the law is the law.
Did you just wake up? The child molester was 18 and the child was 14. The parents have every right to protect the daughter from a sexual predator.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#391 Jun 20, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>Were you born a moron or did you just wake up one morning and realize you were a raving lunatic?
I'm thinking he must've taken a serious blow to the head at some point during his early teen years. This would fully explain the complete lack realistic perspective and inability to formulate complete thoughts.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#392 Jun 20, 2013
Madam Blue wrote:
But, the law is the law.
Where have you been? Kaitlyn was already 18 when the school year started and the relationship didn't start until after the school year started.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#393 Jun 21, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Statutory Rape is a bullshit crime to give cops tools to harass those they don't like
And they protect children and adolescents who haven't yet developed the ability to make healthy choices, and understand the full consequences of their actions. No self respecting adult would take sexual advantage of a child, and the law had to be drawn somewhere.

If the adult is to stupid and selfish to obey the law, then they SHOULD be "harassed" by the police. And arrested by the police.

That's what we pay them for.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#394 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you born a moron or did you just wake up one morning and realize you were a raving lunatic?
either way that makes me smarter than a rube like you who can't argue his way out of a peper bag.

Location hidden

#395 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And they protect children and adolescents who haven't yet developed the ability to make healthy choices, and understand the full consequences of their actions. No self respecting adult would take sexual advantage of a child, and the law had to be drawn somewhere.
Apples and oranges.
If the adult is to stupid and selfish to obey the law, then they SHOULD be "harassed" by the police. And arrested by the police.
Spoken like the self-righteous idiot that you are.
Imprtnrd

Kansas City, MO

#397 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Argue argue are you serious? You're delusional, you're an lDlOT. You have no sense of right and wrong. You read the facts then pretend they don't exist. You're not smarter than anyone. You're a Retard.
How many times did you say that in a mirror before posting. ROTFL@U R1.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#400 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>And they protect children and adolescents who haven't yet developed the ability to make healthy choices, and understand the full consequences of their actions. No self respecting adult would take sexual advantage of a child, and the law had to be drawn somewhere.

Well stated.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#401 Jun 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>And they protect children and adolescents who haven't yet developed the ability to make healthy choices, and understand the full consequences of their actions. No self respecting adult would take sexual advantage of a child, and the law had to be drawn somewhere.

This just further proof that The Kangaroo is a misguided, miscreant child lacking full understanding and conceptualization of the real issues within this case.

We should all take pity on the kid. After all, most of us were at least something like him at that age.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#402 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>Argue argue are you serious? You're delusional, you're an lDlOT. You have no sense of right and wrong. You read the facts then pretend they don't exist. You're not smarter than anyone. You're a Retard.
Now, now... he's just a child, incapable of formulating complete thoughts or adult responses.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#404 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>I understand that. That guy is about 5 cans shy of a 6 pack.
Lol!

Location hidden

#405 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Argue argue are you serious? You're delusional, you're an lDlOT. You have no sense of right and wrong. You read the facts then pretend they don't exist. You're not smarter than anyone. You're a Retard.
You toss out a lot of name-calling but have nothing to back it up, showing what na ridiculous cretin you are.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#407 Jun 21, 2013
Some of Florida's laws are really stupid. And trying children as adults is even stupider. Was there any penetration? In this case, I think not.

Location hidden

#409 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fagg@t, trying as an adult, is not the case here. Educate yourself. An 18 yr old is a legal adult by law. A 14 yr old is a legal child, by law or anything else. Yes there was penetration but not by a d!ck, since it was a dyke doing the penetrating. It doesn't matter anyway, she admitted to it. You ho:mos must be a large group of Pedophiles.
This poor ass is so skeered of the real world it's funny.

Location hidden

#415 Jun 21, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiredblood can't argue the facts because she doesn't have any

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#417 Jun 22, 2013
Catholic created gay wrote:
Some of Florida's laws are really stupid. And trying children as adults is even stupider. Was there any penetration? In this case, I think not.
She admitted to penetrating the child with her fingers you full.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#418 Jun 22, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you born a moron or did you just wake up one morning and realize you were a raving lunatic?
HEY ! I lived in Huntington W.V. a few years and it was the BEST timeof my life !

:)
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#419 Jun 22, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
You ho:mos must be a large group of Pedophiles.
Oh for heavenly snakes; girl!
Sexual orientation and fetishes are two different unrelated things
Penetration perpetrated by a pedophile is an act of dominance and submission; sometimes with a bit of sadism thrown in for good measure
Dominance is not sexual orientation
Submission is not sexual orientation either
Sadism is not sexual orientation either
They are fetishes
Dominance; submission; and sadism are classified as part of BDSM; not LGBT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage pioneer among lawyers for hig... 8 min Not Black Annie 8
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 8 min Venitta 32,008
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 9 min Jonah1 3,229
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 10 min xxxrayted 94
News Thousands Of Religious Leaders Urge The Supreme... 10 min goonsquad 86
News Pa. high school students throw 'Anti-Gay Day' 13 min Wall 93
News Poll: Majority want businesses to serve gay wed... 14 min goonsquad 19
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 22 min cpeter1313 1,189
News Chief Justice John Roberts faces another big mo... 56 min Belle Sexton 80
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr Pietro Armando 2,054
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr The_Box 19,630
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 648
More from around the web