The Kaitlyn Hunt Case: Teenage Romance Or Sexual Predator?

May 25, 2013 Full story: Outside the Beltway 64

Coming out of Florida, there's a case that seems to epitomize all at once the problems with our sex offender laws, the sometimes non-sensical manner in which our laws and our culture continue to treat the issue of teenage sexuality, and the ongoing fact of bias against homosexuality that is still a major factor in many parts of the country.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#6 May 26, 2013
Bumpsy Assbones wrote:
Sentencing should be a year in jail with men.
That'll fix her lil wagon!
Are you fantasizing now about being incarcerated?

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#8 May 26, 2013
Jail is boring and nothing ever happens.
Orem

Durham, NC

#9 May 26, 2013
Juan wrote:
Sexual Predator - Let's forget she's gay, that has nothing to do with it. Let's say an 18 year old big buck was sticking it to a 14 year old girl, would the public want that person prosecuted.
I rest my case.
Norcal Native supports defending sexual preadtors and hates queer blacks.

Whoop Whoop
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#10 May 26, 2013
Bumpsy Assbones wrote:
<quoted text>Are you fantasizing about being a Boy Scout Leader?
No, but you seem to be.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#12 May 27, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, in this case, the older girl is white, and the younger girl is black.
It doesn't matter, she's still guilty.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#13 May 27, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, stop using racist rants to belittle us African Americans. You're prejudiced.
By using my example the public seems to understand the situation better.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#15 May 28, 2013
Why would you want to publicize her name ?
here

Columbia, IL

#17 May 29, 2013
i hear ellen degenerate, paula poundmyadoptedkidstone, and rosie olcanyougetfatteranduglyierdon ald, are going to protest on kates behalf, while peta is going to have a thousand gerbil march counter protest.
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#18 May 29, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>By using my example the public seems to understand the situation better.
You seem to condone racist epithets.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#19 May 31, 2013
Just trying to show a black 18 year old male would be thrown under the jail for doing the same thing to a 14 year old girl. There being gay has nothing to do with it, she's guilty of a sexual crime as the law clearly states.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#20 May 31, 2013
Juan wrote:
Just trying to show a black 18 year old male would be thrown under the jail for doing the same thing to a 14 year old girl. There being gay has nothing to do with it, she's guilty of a sexual crime as the law clearly states.
I agree. How can so many of you defend an 18 year old (an adult) having sex with a 14 year old in a public bathroom ?!

THROW THE BOOK AT HER ! 60 YEARS IN THE SLAMMER !
Mud Master

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Jun 12, 2013
Ms. Hunt would have been wise to take the plea deal she was offered. Whether she agrees with it or not, she violated the law... BLATANTLY so. I initially thought the plea deal was the best answer, and that she should not serve time nor be forced to register as a sex offender. But NOW, I feel like she needs the full penalty under the law! She keeps dragging this case out and twisting it around to garner support for "cause" when in reality her only cause is to try and skip out on her crimes Scott free. We wouldn't allow it to transpire like this if the offender were male, and she Damned Sure Shouldn't be allowed to emerge victorious with no recognition of what she's done wrong. If she does, you can just about rest assured that she'll continue in such behavior, likely with this current victim, but just as likely with others.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#24 Jun 12, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. How can so many of you defend an 18 year old (an adult) having sex with a 14 year old in a public bathroom ?!
THROW THE BOOK AT HER ! 60 YEARS IN THE SLAMMER !
Have they found any semen for evidence?
sogross

Carmel, IN

#25 Jun 12, 2013
Mud Master wrote:
Ms. Hunt would have been wise to take the plea deal she was offered. Whether she agrees with it or not, she violated the law... BLATANTLY so. I initially thought the plea deal was the best answer, and that she should not serve time nor be forced to register as a sex offender. But NOW, I feel like she needs the full penalty under the law! She keeps dragging this case out and twisting it around to garner support for "cause" when in reality her only cause is to try and skip out on her crimes Scott free. We wouldn't allow it to transpire like this if the offender were male, and she Damned Sure Shouldn't be allowed to emerge victorious with no recognition of what she's done wrong. If she does, you can just about rest assured that she'll continue in such behavior, likely with this current victim, but just as likely with others.
Completely agree although I think she should be a registered sex offender. She clearly likes to chase the younger and more vulnerable. She's not going to change. She'll be chasing 14 year olds when she's a 30 year old gym teacher.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#26 Jun 12, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Have they found any semen for evidence?
According to the news reports I have read, there seems to be no dispute that their was a long-term on-going sexual relationship between these 2 females, which they apparently both spoke about freely to many people, and that at least some people witnessed explicit sexual activity between the two on school grounds.

Given that the older person is CLEARLY AN ADULT, and the younger person is CLEARLY a minor, the question is WHY you, and you cohorts, continue to defend her. We are often unjustly accused of being child molesters, and when a clear case of this actually is committed by an LGBT person, WHY do you defend her ???

The fact that this relationship began before the older person was 18 years old does NOT excuse her behavior AFTER she became an adult. So WHY do you defend her, and what possible LEGAL defense does she have ?!

(A.O. F & B)
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#27 Jun 12, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>According to the news reports I have read, there seems to be no dispute that their was a long-term on-going sexual relationship between these 2 females, which they apparently both spoke about freely to many people, and that at least some people witnessed explicit sexual activity between the two on school grounds.

Given that the older person is CLEARLY AN ADULT, and the younger person is CLEARLY a minor, the question is WHY you, and you cohorts, continue to defend her. We are often unjustly accused of being child molesters, and when a clear case of this actually is committed by an LGBT person, WHY do you defend her ???

The fact that this relationship began before the older person was 18 years old does NOT excuse her behavior AFTER she became an adult. So WHY do you defend her, and what possible LEGAL defense does she have ?!

(A.O. F & B)
Exactly!
Additionally, telephone calls between Hunt and the minor victim were recorded and taken as evidence. From what I understand, the two discussed their sexual exploits during these recorded conversations.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#28 Jun 12, 2013
sogross wrote:
<quoted text>Completely agree although I think she should be a registered sex offender. She clearly likes to chase the younger and more vulnerable. She's not going to change. She'll be chasing 14 year olds when she's a 30 year old gym teacher.
I certainly hope it isn't the case, but I'm afraid you're right.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

#29 Jun 12, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>Have they found any semen for evidence?
Okay, Rainbow KID, while I appreciate your attempts to explore this issue and contribute to the discussion, it is abundantly clear that you lack a good understanding of how sexual assault cases function. Physical evidence is Not necessary for sexual assault convictions. It always helps, but it's not the deciding factor as it is often portrayed on television. On fact, very rarely is semen recovered from rape victims these days. It is almost always attempted to be collected, but is rarely present. Even in the rare cases that it IS present and collected, it still can't lock a conviction on it's own. Issues like motive, opportunity, location, relationship, disabilities, AGE, and other circumstantial evidence and factors are far more critical. Physical evidence is used to prove the suspect was at the crime scene and had physical contact with the victim. Given the fact that this is a case of [what is tantamount to] statutory rape, and No One is contesting the fact that Ms. Hunt had sexual contact with the minor victim, such physical evidence would be a very little value even IF it were possible at all considering the fact that Ms. Hunt is a WOMAN and is incapable of producing semen.

So, please try to limit your replies to something valid, useful, and on matters to which you have some expertise. It really just helps everyone that way. Thanks.
sogross

Carmel, IN

#30 Jun 12, 2013
Mud Master wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope it isn't the case, but I'm afraid you're right.
A 14 year old could be an 8th grader and an 18 year old can be a senior in high school or a college student which means there is a gigantic divide between the ages emotionally and physically. In high school, a senior is viewed as a predator if he chases freshmen girls. It's considered deviant behavior and socially unacceptable which is why this Hunt girl is a predator. It is particularly concerning that her sexual preferences are considered deviant among some which make this even more of a concern. This lifestyle should be decided when a girl or boy becomes an adult. An adult such as the 18 year old, should not impose this lifestyle on a minor. Hunt should be prosecuted fully. I surely hope the parents push for her being a registered sex offender. I think this will prevent future attacks on impressionable children. This is rape and could traumatize this girl for the rest of her life. She may become confused about her own sexuality. She may have been ruined for life because of this predator. This is sexual abuse and nothing less.
Mud Master

Oklahoma City, OK

#31 Jun 12, 2013
sogross wrote:
<quoted text>A 14 year old could be an 8th grader and an 18 year old can be a senior in high school or a college student which means there is a gigantic divide between the ages emotionally and physically. In high school, a senior is viewed as a predator if he chases freshmen girls. It's considered deviant behavior and socially unacceptable which is why this Hunt girl is a predator. It is particularly concerning that her sexual preferences are considered deviant among some which make this even more of a concern. This lifestyle should be decided when a girl or boy becomes an adult. An adult such as the 18 year old, should not impose this lifestyle on a minor. Hunt should be prosecuted fully. I surely hope the parents push for her being a registered sex offender. I think this will prevent future attacks on impressionable children. This is rape and could traumatize this girl for the rest of her life. She may become confused about her own sexuality. She may have been ruined for life because of this predator. This is sexual abuse and nothing less.
You are absolutely correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Roy Moore Speaks About Alabama Gay Marriage 7 min Not Yet Equal 6
Victim testifies at Boy Scout sex trial about m... 10 min Belle Sexton 57
Court papers: Mom says she stabbed kids to keep... 14 min Belle Sexton 5
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min Not Yet Equal 8,324
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 23 min Die Hard Arkie 68,704
Lawmaker threatens to 'out' hypocrites opposing... 25 min Belle Sexton 14
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 33 min Not Yet Equal 446
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 51 min Not Yet Equal 57,100
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 2 hr Otter in the Ozarks 55
More from around the web