Boy Scout Denied Eagle Award Because He is Gay

Oct 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

A California Boy Scout who was on his way to become an Eagle Scout was denied the organization's highest honor because his troop leader found out he is gay, NBC News reports.

Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#1 Oct 8, 2012
I'm sorry but the Boy Scouts are just mean.

Work hard and fulfill all our ideals but because we don't like one specific thing about you we are going to screw you over.

This is institutional bullying - nothing less.

Do as we say - or else.

Duty to god my *ss - fear and bigotry is the real reason behind this hurtful policy.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#2 Oct 8, 2012
It's a vicious thing.

A kid starts in the program, say at 8 or 9. They love it, follow all the rules, and grow up as a Boy scout. Then, at around puberty, they discover they are different than some of the other scouts.

Now, they are faced with a horrible choice. They can throw away the truth and hide, lying to everyone about a natural trait they certainly didn't choose, in order to stay with the scouting program they love and worked so hard for.

Or, they can throw away all of the hard work they have done and leave scouting.

Who forces a good kid to make a bad choice like that? And for what? Isn't achieving Eagle supposed to show what a fine and upstanding young man a boy has become?
yng

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 8, 2012
I don't see why the homosexuals can't start their own groups for taking little homosexual kids out in the woods and do whatever adult homosexuals do with little homosexual kids.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

#4 Oct 8, 2012
yng wrote:
I don't see why the homosexuals can't start their own groups for taking little homosexual kids out in the woods and do whatever adult homosexuals do with little homosexual kids.
i thought i recognized your story, but you did all that with a little girl. you sick freak.

pathetic piece of filth.

ameriKKKa should be ashamed of your kind.
Quincy

Forney, TX

#5 Oct 8, 2012
yng wrote:
Because they prefer to do those nasty things with hetero kids, they want to turn them queer.
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

#6 Oct 8, 2012
yng wrote:
yea, here's your story. you sick filthy dirty desease spreading child molesting sex animal. can only hope this little girls relative pay you a visit.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/langhorne/...

pathetic and sick.
Clarence

Forney, TX

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Check out his pic, he looks as queer as a $3 bill.

LMFAO

Reading PA

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Clarence wrote:
Check out his pic, he looks as queer as a $3 bill.
LMFAO
Hmmm, how does one "look queer".

Perhaps the same way the Nazi's thought people "looked" Jewish?

So that puts you on the same level as the Nazi Party right?

Please go get the help you clearly and desperately need.
Boris

Perm, Russia

#10 Oct 8, 2012
Good for the Boy Scouts! Keep these little sissies the hell out of there!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#11 Oct 8, 2012
The Boy Scouts are HORRIBLE. My parents made me go for 3 years. You sleep on the ground like beasts. you have to eat with kids you don't like, you have to sit and stare at fire like cavemen, no TV, at night. It is a quasi military situation and miserable. NO one should be forced to go. Camping is for animals, not humans.
Leopold

United States

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Curteese wrote:
The Boy Scouts are HORRIBLE. My parents made me go for 3 years. You sleep on the ground like beasts. you have to eat with kids you don't like, you have to sit and stare at fire like cavemen, no TV, at night. It is a quasi military situation and miserable. NO one should be forced to go. Camping is for animals, not humans.
Homosexuality is for animals, not humans.
Cletus

Forney, TX

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Curteese wrote:
My troop served Cactus cake, it was almost as yummy as a Chick fil a sandwich:)

Reading PA

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Boris wrote:
Good for the Boy Scouts! Keep these little sissies the hell out of there!
Right - only let the BIG sissies in!

Reading PA

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Leopold wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is for animals, not humans.
Humans ARE animals you ignorant cretin.

You do know the difference between animals and plants and rocks and other "not animal" things right?

For example, just in case you were unsure: water is NOT an animal; granite is NOT an animal; a cat IS an animal; a walnut tree is NOT an animal and finally you ARE an animal but there seems to be a question as to whether or not you are homo sapien or simia troglodytes which seems to be what you are acting like.

Besides homosexuality works a whole lot better with opposable thumbs - just sayin'.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#16 Oct 8, 2012
DFT2 (Don't Feed The Trolls)
A Word from King James

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Oct 8, 2012
yng wrote:
The neo-christians hold the monopoly on little kids
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumbl...

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18 Oct 8, 2012
yng wrote:
Why, do you want to sign up?
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Oct 8, 2012
Equality can never be found within sexual discourse and disobedience. Sexual discourse and disobedience having been venomous predominantly here since the mid 60's and the gays hide behind the 'mask' of other frailties.
The rainbow veil of death as the false messiah marches on into the schoolyard dreams of innocence that one day will yield empty swingsets. May in one day may he come and drop the boogeyman on all of you.
Circular cemeteries.
You were warned.

There will come a day
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Oct 8, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
Equality can never be found within sexual discourse and disobedience. Sexual discourse and disobedience having been venomous predominantly here since the mid 60's and the gays hide behind the 'mask' of other frailties.
The rainbow veil of death as the false messiah marches on into the schoolyard dreams of innocence that one day will yield empty swingsets. May in one day may he come and drop the boogeyman on all of you.
Circular cemeteries.
You were warned.
There will come a day
Has anyone ever warned you about the dangers of drug abuse? Your brain is obviously fried.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#21 Oct 8, 2012
Curteese wrote:
Yet after all that you'll plug another man in the hind quarter. SUH-WHEET JESUS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 3 min Pattysboi 46
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Reverend Alan 54,966
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 17 min ThatOneBand 906
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 24 min RevKen 24,894
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 34 min Fa-Foxy 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min Dick Topick 49,534
Protester storms Families meeting 39 min Fa-Foxy 4
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 1 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 51
Biggest Gay Lies 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,705
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 550
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 410
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••