PA School District Votes Down GSA. LG...

PA School District Votes Down GSA. LGBT Youth Group Promises Battle Isn't Over

There are 19 comments on the Queerty story from Mar 1, 2013, titled PA School District Votes Down GSA. LGBT Youth Group Promises Battle Isn't Over. In it, Queerty reports that:

On Wednesday, a Central Pennsylvania school district voted 5-4 against the formation of a gay-straight alliance at a high school where LGBT students have been meeting informally for two years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queerty.

Osama Obama Hates USA

Aspers, PA

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Good for them!But the queer folks will eventually win.SAD
Really

Biglerville, PA

#2 Mar 1, 2013
Osama Obama Hates USA wrote:
Good for them!But the queer folks will eventually win.SAD
each of your post proves that you can take the girl out of the trailer park but can't take the trailer park out of the girl. Or am I misinformed that you have left the trailer park?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Time to lawyer-up!
Osama Obama Hates USA

Aspers, PA

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
each of your post proves that you can take the girl out of the trailer park but can't take the trailer park out of the girl. Or am I misinformed that you have left the trailer park?
Yea your an idiot,I own a four bedroom house.
Osama Obama Hates USA

Aspers, PA

#5 Mar 1, 2013
I'm not a girl so you are a special idiot that is wrapped with a moron.
Really

Biglerville, PA

#6 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>Yea your an idiot,I own a four bedroom house.
my mistake, you just act like trailer trash.
Really

Biglerville, PA

#7 Mar 1, 2013
I'm not a girl so you are a special idiot that is wrapped with a moron.
sorry I guessed wrong, your childish post seem quite girl like.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Mar 1, 2013
The federal Equal Access Act REQUIRES BY LAW, that if they do NOT allow a GSA, then they cannot allow ANY other club to meet on school grounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Access_Act

20 USC § 4071 - Denial of equal access prohibited
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/20/407...
Osama Obama Hates USA

Aspers, PA

#9 Mar 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry I guessed wrong, your childish post seem quite girl like.
You are an idiot wrapped in a moron and a sexist pig.And hate people who live in trailers.Your mama must have raised you right?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
The federal Equal Access Act REQUIRES BY LAW, that if they do NOT allow a GSA, then they cannot allow ANY other club to meet on school grounds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Access_Act
20 USC § 4071 - Denial of equal access prohibited
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/20/407...
Here in central Pennsylvania - AKA Pennsyltuckey - the majority is conservative, and the rule of law always comes second to their narrow-minded prejudices.

We had a creche in our square for generations, even though it's been against the law for at least one generation. Then a non-religious group asked for equal space, and the town council was forced to make the all-or-nothing decision and decided that nothing can be displayed there.

Of course the local conservatives had a fit. How dare the town council obey the rule of law instead of the local sectarian preference!

Likewise the GSA club. The rule of law will eventually win out, but not before we all have to endure rightwing convulsions of bigoted outrage.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you a bigot, YOU are the misinformed one.

Quite a lot of famous people lived in trailer parks before they made the big time
Ryan Gosling
Willa Ford
Eminem
And here's the big one....Stephen King

According to you these people still have trailer park mentality.

There are many more but I only listed a few so you could see how stupid and bigoted your remark was.
Really

Biglerville, PA

#14 Mar 1, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Not only are you a bigot, YOU are the misinformed one.
Quite a lot of famous people lived in trailer parks before they made the big time
Ryan Gosling
Willa Ford
Eminem
And here's the big one....Stephen King
According to you these people still have trailer park mentality.
There are many more but I only listed a few so you could see how stupid and bigoted your remark was.
those are exceptions to the rule, you on the other hand fit the stereotype of the trailer park barbie.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Mar 1, 2013
The poster that sometimes goes by Really, just one of its names, is also the poster that impersonates many others here.

Really does not debate. It comes here with a low life mentality to call people names and to be a vile poster.

If Really had any kind of intelligence, it would talk in a civil manner, even if it disagreed.Really is someone with low intelligence and thinks by making bigoted remarks and calling people names makes it clever.

What these kind of actions display is that Really is not capable of engaging in civil dis ourse and actually ends up looking like the fool. But then Really is a fool, that has been established by its posts.

Really lacks creativity, the ablitity to converse in a mature manner, open mindedness, and tolerance.

Really acts more like an uneducated adolescent. But then, maybe that's all Really is...an uneducated high school dropout.
Really

Biglerville, PA

#16 Mar 1, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
The poster that sometimes goes by Really, just one of its names, is also the poster that impersonates many others here.
Really does not debate. It comes here with a low life mentality to call people names and to be a vile poster.
If Really had any kind of intelligence, it would talk in a civil manner, even if it disagreed.Really is someone with low intelligence and thinks by making bigoted remarks and calling people names makes it clever.
What these kind of actions display is that Really is not capable of engaging in civil dis ourse and actually ends up looking like the fool. But then Really is a fool, that has been established by its posts.
Really lacks creativity, the ablitity to converse in a mature manner, open mindedness, and tolerance.
Really acts more like an uneducated adolescent. But then, maybe that's all Really is...an uneducated high school dropout.
grow-up your a poor actor dumbass.
buckle up

Morton, PA

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>Here in central Pennsylvania - AKA Pennsyltuckey - the majority is conservative, and the rule of law always comes second to their narrow-minded prejudices.

We had a creche in our square for generations, even though it's been against the law for at least one generation. Then a non-religious group asked for equal space, and the town council was forced to make the all-or-nothing decision and decided that nothing can be displayed there.

Of course the local conservatives had a fit. How dare the town council obey the rule of law instead of the local sectarian preference!

Likewise the GSA club. The rule of law will eventually win out, but not before we all have to endure rightwing convulsions of bigoted outrage.
Doesn't the constitution say "congress shall make no law..."?

Chambersburg, PA

#18 Mar 1, 2013
buckle up wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't the constitution say "congress shall make no law..."?
Those are the first 5 words of the 1st Amendment. What's your point?
buckle up

Morton, PA

#20 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>Those are the first 5 words of the 1st Amendment. What's your point?
The point is you say there should be no "god" in public life. I'm just saying the congress should stay out of it.

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Mar 1, 2013
buckle up wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is you say there should be no "god" in public life. I'm just saying the congress should stay out of it.
I'm sorry - where did I say that?

It's the JOB of Congress to pass laws that ensure liberty. When schools violate the liberty of students, the Congress is obligated to intervene.
Really

Biglerville, PA

#22 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sorry - where did I say that?
It's the JOB of Congress to pass laws that ensure liberty. When schools violate the liberty of students, the Congress is obligated to intervene.
It is only acceptable for congress to pass laws that limit a woman's choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 6 min Brian_G 996
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 min Brian_G 11,857
News Gay sex - disgusts Allah and causes earthquakes... 1 hr Magic Utah Uwear 5
News Alabama Supreme Court annuls its ruling on lesb... 1 hr Magic Utah Uwear 4
News Christians Must Unite Now Against Gay Bullies a... 2 hr zen 31
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Terra Firma 36,244
News Tennessee GSA Supporters Rally While Hate-Group... 3 hr betterfacts 14
More from around the web