NOM Sets Sights on Starbucks for Gay Marriage Support

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: EDGE 263

The leaders of the anti-gay marriage group the National Organization for Marriage are furious that the LGBT community made great strides after Election Day.

Full Story

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#187 Nov 28, 2012
oops. did it again
normal not noraml

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#188 Nov 28, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Considering the Obama administration doesn't plan top defend DOMA I am sure it will be overturned! Just like everything else he does, against the will of the people.
I think the Maryland, Washington and Maine would be a good model. They all read pretty much the same.
Here is the Law in Maryland :
.
2012 Presidential General Election Question Text
Last Updated 11/07/2012 03:06:01 PM
Return to Election Result Index
NR: not reported
Return to State Ballot Question(s)
Civil Marriage Protection Act (Ch. 2 of the 2012 Legislative Session)
Referendum Petition
Question 06
Establishes that Maryland's civil marriage laws allow gay and lesbian couples to obtain a civil marriage license, provided they are not otherwise prohibited from marrying; protects clergy from having to perform any particular marriage ceremony in violation of their religious beliefs; affirms that each religious faith has exclusive control over its own theological doctrine regarding who may marry within that faith; and provides that religious organizations and certain related entities are not required to provide goods, services, or benefits to an individual related to the celebration or promotion of marriage in violation of their religious beliefs.
For the Referred Law
Against the Referred Law
<quoted text>
Thanks for helping me show Jane D'Oh that Baker only applies in the Sate of MN and is not Federal precedent in the sense most people understand the term.

Now because of this post you can never honestly claim Same Sex marriage doesn't exist under Federal Law.

DOMA allows it as a States Rights issue!

LMAO!
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#189 Nov 28, 2012
ONLY OBAMA AND HIS CRONIES WOULD SUPPORT THIS BEHAVIOR.

.
Gay Sexual Practices Lead to Uptick in Disease

>
FECAL SEX About 80% of gays admit to licking and/or inserting their tongues into the anus of partners and thus ingesting medically significant amounts of feces. Those who eat or wallow in it are probably at even greater risk. In the diary study,5 70% of the gays had engaged in this activity--half regularly over 6 months. Result?--the "annual incidence of hepatitis A in...homosexual men was 22 percent, whereas no heterosexual men acquired hepatitis A." In 1992,26 it was noted that the proportion of gays engaging in oral/anal sex had not declined.

>

Gay Men and Shigellosis
What is Shigellosis?
Shigellosis is a disease that causes stomach cramps, fever, diarrhea and sometimes bloody diarrhea.
What causes Shigellosis?
Shigellosis is caused by the Shigella bacterium. Shigella is found in feces (shit).
Who gets it?
Anyone can get Shigellosis. Gay men get Shigellosis at higher rates than others. People with a weakened immune
system get more sick than others.
How do you get it?
You can get Shigellosis when feces comes in contact with your mouth. This can happen with oral/anal sex play. This
can happen when you use your fingers or hand for anal sex play and then touch your mouth. Even microscopic
amounts of feces that get into your mouth can cause Shigellosis.
How can I avoid Shigella?
Play safely. In addition to safe sex guidelines to prevent HIV, maintain good hygiene. Wash every
part of your body that is sexual with soap and water before, after and between sex play. Use condoms
or other kinds of barriers like dental dams, latex gloves or plastic wrap and be aware of
what body parts may have come into contact with feces during sex play. Wash them with soap
and water. Use condoms with sex toys, and discard the condoms after use.
What do I do if I think I have Shigellosis?
• If you think you have Shigellosis, see your doctor.
• Inform your partners.
• Wash your hands a lot.
• Don’t have sex until 7 days after symptoms end.
• Talk with a medical provider about what you can do to reduce your risk.
publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/docs/Shigellosi...
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#190 Nov 28, 2012
Feces Consumption Leads High Incidence of Intestinal Parasites Among Gays

.
San Francisco -- San Francisco public health authorities have detected an unusual increase in cases of shigellosis, an unpleasant intestinal bug that can cause cramps, fever and bloody diarrhea for as long as a week.

So far this year, 205 cases of the bacterial infection, which is also know as bacillary dysentery, have been reported. That is nearly double the 113 cases reported during all of 1999. Of particular concern are the 50 cases reported in July and 60 cases in August -- the highest monthly rates since the city began tracking the disease in 1993.

A majority of the cases reported this year have been among gay men, who can be exposed to shigella bacteria through oral-anal contact. Day care workers also are at higher risk of contracting the illness.

``Because of the sharp increase in cases, it means people are engaged in behavior that puts them at risk for the disease,'' said Dr. Susan Fernyak, San Francisco director of communicable disease prevention.``It takes very few bacteria to transmit shigellosis. It's very infectious.''

There is no vaccine to prevent shigellosis, but it is readily treated with antibiotics. A similar illness, hepatitis A, does not respond to antibiotics, but cases of that illness have dropped sharply since a vaccine to prevent it became available.

Fernyak said those who are infected should not handle food. The bacteria may still be present in the body for as long as a week after symptoms of the illness are gone. It is possible for someone to contract a mild case of the bug and show few symptoms of the illness, but still be capable of transmitting it to others.

Dr. Tomas Aragon, director of Community Health and Epidemiology, said that there is a chronic low-level form of shigellosis in San Francisco's gay community and that periodically the number of cases will rise, particularly during the summer months.

Of the cases recorded this year, 82 percent were among men, and 63 percent of those volunteered information that they were gay or bisexual. Six men who contracted the diseases reported that they were heterosexual.

There were 17 cases of shigellosis among children under the age of 5 -- a rate that has not changed in recent years. Seven out of 10 cases reported this year involve a strain of shigella bacteria called sonnei, which tends to show up when the number of cases of the illness increases sharply. Another strain of the shigella, known as flexneri, is more common at chronic low levels of infection in the population.

Aragon said the number of cases reported so far this year put San Francisco on a pace to meet or exceed the 326 cases reported in 1995.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
High Incidence of Intestinal Bug Among Gays

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#191 Nov 28, 2012
What's funny about that? That is what the opposition to same sex marriage advocated for.

If you think it should be a state issue, how about California. Oh wait the citizens voted it down and homosexuals sued to get it into the 9th circuit court and now it's in the hands of The Supreme Court, so whose wrong?

.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for helping me show Jane D'Oh that Baker only applies in the Sate of MN and is not Federal precedent in the sense most people understand the term.
Now because of this post you can never honestly claim Same Sex marriage doesn't exist under Federal Law.
DOMA allows it as a States Rights issue!
LMAO!

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#192 Nov 28, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for helping me show Jane D'Oh that Baker only applies in the Sate of MN and is not Federal precedent in the sense most people understand the term.
Now because of this post you can never honestly claim Same Sex marriage doesn't exist under Federal Law.
DOMA allows it as a States Rights issue!
LMAO!
Please refrain from feeding the troll/spammer.

He once filled an entire page with his nonsense.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#193 Nov 28, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Feces Consumption Leads High Incidence of Intestinal Parasites Among Gays
.
San Francisco -- San Francisco public health authorities have detected an unusual increase in cases of shigellosis, an unpleasant intestinal bug that can cause cramps, fever and bloody diarrhea for as long as a week.
So far this year, 205 cases of the bacterial infection, which is also know as bacillary dysentery, have been reported. That is nearly double the 113 cases reported during all of 1999. Of particular concern are the 50 cases reported in July and 60 cases in August -- the highest monthly rates since the city began tracking the disease in 1993.
A majority of the cases reported this year have been among gay men, who can be exposed to shigella bacteria through oral-anal contact. Day care workers also are at higher risk of contracting the illness.
``Because of the sharp increase in cases, it means people are engaged in behavior that puts them at risk for the disease,'' said Dr. Susan Fernyak, San Francisco director of communicable disease prevention.``It takes very few bacteria to transmit shigellosis. It's very infectious.''
There is no vaccine to prevent shigellosis, but it is readily treated with antibiotics. A similar illness, hepatitis A, does not respond to antibiotics, but cases of that illness have dropped sharply since a vaccine to prevent it became available.
Fernyak said those who are infected should not handle food. The bacteria may still be present in the body for as long as a week after symptoms of the illness are gone. It is possible for someone to contract a mild case of the bug and show few symptoms of the illness, but still be capable of transmitting it to others.
Dr. Tomas Aragon, director of Community Health and Epidemiology, said that there is a chronic low-level form of shigellosis in San Francisco's gay community and that periodically the number of cases will rise, particularly during the summer months.
Of the cases recorded this year, 82 percent were among men, and 63 percent of those volunteered information that they were gay or bisexual. Six men who contracted the diseases reported that they were heterosexual.
There were 17 cases of shigellosis among children under the age of 5 -- a rate that has not changed in recent years. Seven out of 10 cases reported this year involve a strain of shigella bacteria called sonnei, which tends to show up when the number of cases of the illness increases sharply. Another strain of the shigella, known as flexneri, is more common at chronic low levels of infection in the population.
Aragon said the number of cases reported so far this year put San Francisco on a pace to meet or exceed the 326 cases reported in 1995.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
High Incidence of Intestinal Bug Among Gays
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
for a straight guy you sure have an obsession with ingesting feces.

Then again your obsession with gay male sex isn't that normal among straight men or women.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#194 Nov 28, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Please refrain from feeding the troll/spammer.
He once filled an entire page with his nonsense.
I think it's time to give up even bothering with this thread. I'll leave it to the trolls now.
John from Texas

Austin, TX

#195 Nov 28, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
ONLY OBAMA AND HIS CRONIES WOULD SUPPORT THIS BEHAVIOR.
.
Gay Sexual Practices Lead to Uptick in Disease
>
FECAL SEX About 80% of gays admit to licking and/or inserting their tongues into the anus of partners and thus ingesting medically significant amounts of feces. Those who eat or wallow in it are probably at even greater risk. In the diary study,5 70% of the gays had engaged in this activity--half regularly over 6 months. Result?--the "annual incidence of hepatitis A in...homosexual men was 22 percent, whereas no heterosexual men acquired hepatitis A." In 1992,26 it was noted that the proportion of gays engaging in oral/anal sex had not declined.
>
Gay Men and Shigellosis
What is Shigellosis?
Shigellosis is a disease that causes stomach cramps, fever, diarrhea and sometimes bloody diarrhea.
What causes Shigellosis?
Shigellosis is caused by the Shigella bacterium. Shigella is found in feces (shit).
Who gets it?
Anyone can get Shigellosis. Gay men get Shigellosis at higher rates than others. People with a weakened immune
system get more sick than others.
How do you get it?
You can get Shigellosis when feces comes in contact with your mouth. This can happen with oral/anal sex play. This
can happen when you use your fingers or hand for anal sex play and then touch your mouth. Even microscopic
amounts of feces that get into your mouth can cause Shigellosis.
How can I avoid Shigella?
Play safely. In addition to safe sex guidelines to prevent HIV, maintain good hygiene. Wash every
part of your body that is sexual with soap and water before, after and between sex play. Use condoms
or other kinds of barriers like dental dams, latex gloves or plastic wrap and be aware of
what body parts may have come into contact with feces during sex play. Wash them with soap
and water. Use condoms with sex toys, and discard the condoms after use.
What do I do if I think I have Shigellosis?
• If you think you have Shigellosis, see your doctor.
• Inform your partners.
• Wash your hands a lot.
• Don’t have sex until 7 days after symptoms end.
• Talk with a medical provider about what you can do to reduce your risk.
publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/docs/Shigellosi...
Thanks for all that fascinating obvious information. I can't wait to bring up this subject with the family at Christmas. You could have summed it up though by saying "if you eat crap you might just get sick", but even that doesn't need to be said. Jeese!!
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#196 Nov 28, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for all that fascinating obvious information. I can't wait to bring up this subject with the family at Christmas. You could have summed it up though by saying "if you eat crap you might just get sick", but even that doesn't need to be said. Jeese!!
I would imagine the board may be sorry (I am not) that you are unable to see that to which you replied as:

antigay vitriol.

Find me one of these people who goes about their business on the internet or elsewhere *nagging* heterosexuals about their sexual practices, which lead to:

disease.

I mean, how much more blatantly could they be singling out one subgroup? This is known as "hatred," and that's why that designation simply won't die no matter *HOW MUCH* pressure is put on the pro-gay -- in all sorts of vicious ways -- to stop saying that.

In fact, that pressure has led to *absolutely no change* in the determination of the pro-gay to call this antigay behavior "hatred," and I'm too glad of that for words. The antigay won't stop; the pro-gay won't stop. It really *is* that simple.

The worst part is that by now, it appears that the antigay *SUPPORT* disease among heterosexuals, so single-minded and savagely prejudiced is their determination that *only* gay people,*only* gay people and *no one else*, should be criticized for any sexual practice.

I have my own words for this; I call it "knowing and deliberately amoral stupidity." But don't mind me.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#197 Nov 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>so you admit defeat and that Baker isn't Federal Precedent.
You admit all you've posted about Baker being binding on the Federal Level is pure B.S.
Thanks.
um, no.

admit defeat?

you do get that there is "fact" independent of both of us, right?
you are either right or wrong regardless of my existence..
and psst you are wrong.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#198 Nov 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>glad to see you admit you lied when you said you never said cannibalism was noraml for cannibals.
so i see you admit you like to paint baby goats with oatmeal cookies...

your are rapidly devolving....
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#199 Nov 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for helping me show Jane D'Oh that Baker only applies in the Sate of MN and is not Federal precedent in the sense most people understand the term.
Purposeful ignorance!
its sad.

So again, how about you look around the internet for anything that says Baker is not a federal precedent "in the sense most people understand the term".

You will not be able to, you are merely insisting on an error.
I also find it funny that you think you can trash me and "win" regardless of the fact you are flat wrong....
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#200 Nov 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text> You just got done agreeing that Baker isn't Federal law and is only a Sate Law.
Then you claim "That is the federal law of the land: no "right" to gay marriage.
and that is the answer to your question, I am not dodging it, you are failing to grasp it..." after you admit DOMA does make SSM valid on the State level!
Good lord make up your mind! Pick a lane and try to stay in it for a change!
dude, you should really learn more before you try to be condescending...
Baker establishes the proposition of no right to gay marriage you dolt!
I mean this is really basic!
Can you READ:
http://www.gayapolis.com/news/artdisplay-issu...

"'72 Supreme Court Ruling Could Affect Current Marriage Equality Cases
The Supreme Court will decide Friday whether it's going to take up a key gay marriage cases. But many people don't realize the high court already kind of ruled against gay marriage in 1972.

That year, the nation's highest court briefly weighed in on a Minnesota Supreme Court ruling in Baker v. Nelson that same-sex unions were not a fundamental right under the federal Constitution. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to overturn the Minnesota decision, writing only: "Appeal from Sup. Ct. Minn. dismissed for want of substantial federal question."

Now please attack this source!

We can go back and forth on this, but you are just wrong, which is why you are getting dishonest about me admitting its not...

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#201 Nov 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>for a straight guy you sure have an obsession with ingesting feces.
Then again your obsession with gay male sex isn't that normal among straight men or women.
He's an old skat queen that cuts and pastes this on EVERY Topix thread, it's old and boring, just like him.
John from Texas

Del Valle, TX

#202 Nov 29, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine the board may be sorry (I am not) that you are unable to see that to which you replied as:
antigay vitriol.
Find me one of these people who goes about their business on the internet or elsewhere *nagging* heterosexuals about their sexual practices, which lead to:
disease.
I mean, how much more blatantly could they be singling out one subgroup? This is known as "hatred," and that's why that designation simply won't die no matter *HOW MUCH* pressure is put on the pro-gay -- in all sorts of vicious ways -- to stop saying that.
In fact, that pressure has led to *absolutely no change* in the determination of the pro-gay to call this antigay behavior "hatred," and I'm too glad of that for words. The antigay won't stop; the pro-gay won't stop. It really *is* that simple.
The worst part is that by now, it appears that the antigay *SUPPORT* disease among heterosexuals, so single-minded and savagely prejudiced is their determination that *only* gay people,*only* gay people and *no one else*, should be criticized for any sexual practice.
I have my own words for this; I call it "knowing and deliberately amoral stupidity." But don't mind me.
I'm really not sure what you are trying to say. What?
Anti gay people are just insecure. Anti heterosexual people are just insecure. People are who they are. Why should other people care? Hate by either side just sucks!

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#203 Nov 29, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
What's funny about that? That is what the opposition to same sex marriage advocated for.
If you think it should be a state issue, how about California. Oh wait the citizens voted it down and homosexuals sued to get it into the 9th circuit court and now it's in the hands of The Supreme Court, so whose wrong?
.
<quoted text>
The bigoted citizens..BTW it was ONLY 52%..And had the Catholic and Mormon churches NOT used their donated tax free funds toward a 'political' cause it would have been even less.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#204 Dec 2, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really not sure what you are trying to say. What?
Not my problem.
John from Texas wrote:
Anti gay people are just insecure. Anti heterosexual people are just insecure. People are who they are. Why should other people care? Hate by either side just sucks!
*shrug* People have big goddamn mouths and are constantly trying to tell others how to live. This is what happens when they can't learn to shut their big mouths; fighting goes on *ad infinitum* until they learn to leave others alone.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#205 Dec 3, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>glad to see you admit you lied when you said you never said cannibalism was noraml for cannibals.
But then considering the type of lawyer you are lying is second nature to you.
This is a lie. the truth is that you are a pimply faced kid who doesn't know better than to post like this.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#206 Dec 5, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a lie. the truth is that you are a pimply faced kid who doesn't know better than to post like this.
Your maturity level is showing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min KiMare 50,599
The Erasure of 'Gay' From Black History & the B... 5 min Chief Afrohawk 83
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 7 min Frankie Rizzo 3,053
Sickening homophobia on bodybuilding.com 8 min DavidCoulthard 1
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 16 min KiMare 25,286
Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage 22 min Fa-Foxy 13
Kansas governor, challenger discuss gay marriage 23 min cancer suxs 14
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 45 min Wondering 100
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 56 min cancer suxs 1,411
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,748
Gay kiss couple 'thrown off bus' 8 hr Lickalotta Lulu 27

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE