Two Marines Arrested In Savannah, GA ...

Two Marines Arrested In Savannah, GA For Assault On Gay Man

There are 20 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 13, 2010, titled Two Marines Arrested In Savannah, GA For Assault On Gay Man. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Kieran Daly is lucky to be alive after being struck in the back of the head by either Keil Joseph Cronauer or Christopher Charles Stanzel. The blow to the back of the head could have easily killed Daly who suffered two seizures after the blow knocked him unconscious. According to Cronauer and Stanzel, Daly was harassing them and one of the two Marines got angry at him thinking that Daly was winking at him. It was past 3 a.m. in the morning and Daly tried to explain to them that he was squinting due to tiredness. Cronauer and Stanzel have been charged with misdemeanor battery. Cronauer and Stanzel were in Savannah, Georgia at the time, both are stationed at Marine Corps Air Station in Beaufort, South Carolina. The MCAS is a short drive over the border and the Savannah river to the port city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Jif

Euless, TX

#1 Jun 13, 2010
misdemeanor battery? This is attempted murder by well trained solders. They are cowards and low life not fit for the military.
Leftatalbuquerqu e

Etobicoke, Canada

#2 Jun 13, 2010
If this is what "real men" do, call me a sissy.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 13, 2010
What I find as interesting is that one of them was a Vet of war not just a Marine. To hit someone from the back is cowardice, not the brave Marine we read about fighting for his country and to defend the rights of others.

He will have a few friends pat him on the back but I will guess he will face a charge from the military, a trained killer doing this is attempted murder. And to do it to an unarmed, non threatening, non military person in the USA, Possibly killing him or leaving him as a vegetable, using special training to hit at the base of the skull where he is trained to hit and kill, is got to open someones eyes.

Now this is not exactly a response to a attack by the gay person. Unarmed and from the back, brave Marine, Brave, brave Marine.

Sempre Fi, The proud, the brave and thank God the few.
Joe

Detroit, MI

#4 Jun 13, 2010
I live in Savannah, and was out at one of the local gay clubs last night. I have never ever had any problems, and the people that live here are always very friendly. This happened Friday night though, from what I could gather. Stangely enough, I moved to Savannah from Beaufort, though I dont know the marines or the victim here. These kinds of things shouldnt happen though. And while Georgia may not have a hate crimes law, there is a federal hate crimes law that now includes homosexuals, so I dont know why this wouldnt be considered a hate crime.
This article makes it sound like gays in Savannah are in prison, with Jesse saying that we can’t walk on the street or anything like that. Its anything but that. I have met Jesse and he is a nice guy, but its nothing like that. Savannah even has its own gay pride celebration! As I have said before, I have never ever had a problem, even with anybody yelling obsenities towards me. That may be because I always tend to go out in groups though, which everybody should do because there ARE crazy people out there.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#5 Jun 13, 2010
A reply from Cronauer to me:

Keil sent you a message.
Keil Cronauer
Keil CronauerJune 13, 2010 at 4:42pm
Re: What an ass...
Well Gunny, Just i like responded to the hundreds of other messages like yours, which I feel people deserve to know what actaully happen then going off of that article which blew the hole thing wayyy out of proportion. My friend and the victim had the argument and I wasnt even around i was with his friend that was a girl, never saw anyone get hit or ever see the guy laying on the ground, and his friend told the cops that, as well as my friend telling the authorites and both of our c.o.'s i had nothing to do with it, it was all him i was just with him so i went to jail with him. It does give the Marines a black eye which i am very upset about it. Take care gunny, semper fi

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 13, 2010
Savannah is only a few hours away from me. I visited there once. It's a nice area but don't want to meet the homophobes however.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 13, 2010
Even though Georgia doesn't have a hate crime law what about the federal hate crime law covering sexual orientation and other stuff? The federal one now includes LGBT since last year. This sounds like it would be felony battery not simple battery. Maybe Georgia law is different from Florida law in that aspect because in Florida I'm certain they'd be charged with felony or aggravated battery. Since it involves the military I wonder how this case is going to affect the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell if at all. If the violence was motivited by the hatred of the victim's actual or perceived sexual orientation then they should be charged with a hate crime.
Mona Lott

Lakewood, NJ

#8 Jun 13, 2010
Troth for Leogere wrote:
A reply from Cronauer to me:
Keil sent you a message.
Keil Cronauer
Keil CronauerJune 13, 2010 at 4:42pm
Re: What an ass...
Well Gunny, Just i like responded to the hundreds of other messages like yours, which I feel people deserve to know what actaully happen then going off of that article which blew the hole thing wayyy out of proportion. My friend and the victim had the argument and I wasnt even around i was with his friend that was a girl, never saw anyone get hit or ever see the guy laying on the ground, and his friend told the cops that, as well as my friend telling the authorites and both of our c.o.'s i had nothing to do with it, it was all him i was just with him so i went to jail with him. It does give the Marines a black eye which i am very upset about it. Take care gunny, semper fi
What a nice fairy tale.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#9 Jun 13, 2010
Very scary prospect, but it is Georgia, so what more do we expect?
Harley July

Fayetteville, GA

#10 Jun 13, 2010
StevenFL wrote:
Very scary prospect, but it is Georgia, so what more do we expect?
Here's one you'll indentify with "Sport"..Blow Me!..

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Jun 13, 2010
Sounds like at least one of those Marines is questioning his own sexuality. That's the ONLY time such action gets a response like that.
Gretchen

United States

#12 Jun 13, 2010
The two idiot marines need to be immediately dishonorably discharged, busted to the lowest rank possible, and ALL of their benefits/pensions be immediately granted to their victim. The perps then need to be arrested, jailed, and convicted of battery.

“I am happy”

St. Petersburg, FL

#14 Jun 13, 2010
Harley July wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one you'll indentify with "Sport"..Blow Me!..
No thanks, I don't do diseases and since my husband passed away, I am celibate by choice. There is no one that will ever fill my husband's shoes, so don't try. He was good and fair, so I prefer singlehood and I like celibacy.

“I am happy”

St. Petersburg, FL

#15 Jun 13, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Sounds like at least one of those Marines is questioning his own sexuality. That's the ONLY time such action gets a response like that.
You are being nice. Extreme paranoia is more like it.:O)
SWChristopher

Kansas City, MO

#16 Jun 13, 2010
To "Judge It." Not all of us, moron. Some of us queers are also marines, and it may be you hets lying on the ground. Pay your money and take your chances. Of course, you'll probably be looking for someone smaller than you are.

Location hidden

#17 Jun 13, 2010
Let This Be a Lesson wrote:
Let this be a lesson to the queers, they should not wink at heteros or they will suffer the consequences!!!
And those that commit hate crimes will suffer the consequences in prison.

Since: Sep 07

San Francisco, CA

#18 Jun 13, 2010
punishment should be a lifetime of being hit on the back of the head with their cell mates "richard"

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jun 14, 2010
Just what percentage of homophobic, male Marines are closet case bottoms? 70%? 80%? I am open to informed guesses.

How about the entire universe of male Marines being bottoms? 35%?
Short Left Index Finger

Hamilton, Canada

#20 Jun 14, 2010
Let this be a lesson to the queers, they should not wink at heteros or they will suffer the consequences!!!
Pepper spray=Heterosecticide.
Mona Lott

Lakewood, NJ

#21 Jun 14, 2010
Yeah....we know the consequences. A wink is SO OVERWHELMING to "straight" men it makes them fly into a rage.

Oh....wait.....that's only true for closet cases. Real straight men could give a sh*t less who winks at them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 20,811
News Dean Cain Battles GLAAD, Gay Activists Over Spe... 1 hr NE Jade 3
News Former a Sesame Streeta writer says Bert and Er... 2 hr NE Jade 12
News Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker on same... 2 hr Respect71 1,910
Friday FREAK or FAIL 2 hr Miss Morph-A-Lot 2
News Biden urged to run in 2020 at Human Rights Camp... 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 66,591
News The migration of same-sex couples to the suburb... 4 hr Larry Craig s WC ... 28
News Hotelier Tells Lesbian Couple They 'Should Be P... 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 38