ProtectMarriage Furious Over Decision To Resume CA Same-Sex Marriages

Jun 29, 2013 Full story: lezgetreal.com 35
The architects of Prop 8, ProtectMarriage, expressed outrage that the appeals court decided to rescind their stay on same-sex couples getting married early. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Big Gay Explosion

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Jun 29, 2013
Only two people have standing
The Governor of California
The Attorney General of California
Both said they will not appeal
This required the 9th circuit to lift the stay immediately
Mr Pugno's cash cow just fell over on its side and died
The squealing we hear is an evangelical cockroach trapped under the cow

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I used FireFox a few decades ago. then went to IE 8.0 (runnin XP here), and switched to Chrome a few weeks ago. I have found that Chrome is much faster and works much better than IE 8.0 does on these pc's.
And I've used many versions of Windows over the years including 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, XP, Vista, and 7.0, and I like XP the best which is why I keep runnin it here. don't like vista (on my laptop) or 7.0
With firefox, you can remove all the adds. ALL of them.

And your Avatar's on the RIGHT ??? Regardless of browser, all avatars I see are on the Left.

Your browser default set up for a Semitic language, or Chinese?

(would explain SO much)

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#23 Jun 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
And your Avatar's on the RIGHT ??? Regardless of browser, all avatars I see are on the Left.
(would explain SO much)
Ad Block plus, it's one of the add-ons you can download to the basic program. Use it myself. With it on, there isn't any ad that this site and more than 99% of the others run that aren't blocked. The only time I turn it off here is to see who they placed on those threads that shouldn't be posted, so I can e-mail them the link. It's why those threads disappear so quickly.

this one

#24 Jun 29, 2013
In Firefox, on this forum only, the usual Topix top of screen navigation bar has been replaced by a non-functional blue box. Editor icon, Topix logo and Gay/Lesbian upper left and avatar in the upper right.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#25 Jun 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(would explain SO much)
The avatar shows up on IE, but not at all on Chrome, and the top banner is upside-down in Chrome, and right-side up in IE.

Location hidden

#27 Jun 30, 2013
Or just don't get married at all.

THEN marriage will be REALLY safe sitting up there in it's plaster niche with none to spoil it's pluperfection.

Location hidden

#28 Jun 30, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Ad Block plus, it's one of the add-ons you can download to the basic program. Use it myself. With it on, there isn't any ad that this site and more than 99% of the others run that aren't blocked. The only time I turn it off here is to see who they placed on those threads that shouldn't be posted, so I can e-mail them the link. It's why those threads disappear so quickly.
I use "Ghostery", too. Between the two, all adverts and popups are very rare. When one DOES get through, I Ctrl+Alt+Del the browser closed. It was hijacked and any other click could do hell knows what.

I don't quite understand why you turn them off. To see what, again? So you can do what to what?

(We need a "puzzling/ed" icon)

“Wondrous Awe Is the Salvation”

Since: Jul 07

Mount Meru

#29 Jun 30, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
I abandoned Google Chrome a long time ago -- too many teething problems. I think it's still not quite ready. Try Firefox instead -- that would be appropriate in you case, don't you think, Foxy?:)
I think Google has it figured out. My Chrome renders it perfectly and I never lost use of the reply button during the transition. The best purchase this year in electronics was my Chromebook. Sleek and no extra software to buy.

Location hidden

#30 Jun 30, 2013
Realized Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Google has it figured out. My Chrome renders it perfectly and I never lost use of the reply button during the transition. The best purchase this year in electronics was my Chromebook. Sleek and no extra software to buy.
Well, after you transfer all your data to the "cloud", you'll be all set ... until they chart charging you for information you used to have on your bookshelf or at the then non-existent library, and somebody kicks out the plug.

So much for the democracy of information, as long as you can pay for it, and don't mind everyone in your business.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#32 Jun 30, 2013
ProtectMarriage's entire legal team should be disbarred. They just filed an appeal to SCOTUS over what they themselves call the "premature move requiring same-sex “marriage” licenses in California, weeks before the Supreme Court’s decision even goes into effect."

1) The stay would have been lifted so they're only argueing over a few months.

2) What part of Roberts' ruling didn't they understand. ProtectMarriage nolonger has standing inre Prop8 and the courts.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#33 Jun 30, 2013
DaveinMass wrote:
ProtectMarriage's entire legal team should be disbarred. They just filed an appeal to SCOTUS over what they themselves call the "premature move requiring same-sex “marriage” licenses in California, weeks before the Supreme Court’s decision even goes into effect."
1) The stay would have been lifted so they're only argueing over a few months.
2) What part of Roberts' ruling didn't they understand. ProtectMarriage nolonger has standing inre Prop8 and the courts.
You didn't really expect them to just give up and go away, did you?

The 2nd best part of our win is listening to the anti-gays squealing like the pigs they are!

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#34 Jun 30, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't really expect them to just give up and go away, did you?
The 2nd best part of our win is listening to the anti-gays squealing like the pigs they are!
Oh I know the haters will never go away. But the lawyers should be sanctioned for bringing this new appeal.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#35 Jun 30, 2013
DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know the haters will never go away. But the lawyers should be sanctioned for bringing this new appeal.
Actually it just makes them look like the sore losers they are, and it causes even more people to reconsider the lies they've been fed by the anti-gays.

Tony Perkins & the Brian brothers (Brown & Fischer) have been going around claiming this SCOTUS decision will actually help them ban same-sex couples from marrying in the remaining 21 states without constitutional bans; all they need is .....(wait for it)......(you know what's coming)....... MORE MONEY!

WE know it's over, and THEY know it's over, but they'll say whatever they need to in order to keep the money flowing in.

this one

#37 Jun 30, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I use "Ghostery", too. Between the two, all adverts and popups are very rare. When one DOES get through, I Ctrl+Alt+Del the browser closed. It was hijacked and any other click could do hell knows what.
I don't quite understand why you turn them off. To see what, again? So you can do what to what?
(We need a "puzzling/ed" icon)
You know those happy little threads on the forum that one of our resident little jerks is so fond of posting? I check out the ads that show up on them and send the companies the links to the page Topix shafted them with. They disappear a lot quicker now.
Bubba Cooder

Alpharetta, GA

#38 Jun 30, 2013
True Grit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're describing a Queer taking a d!ck up the a.ss!!!
Pepper! Shame on you. You're bringing shame to the Homophobic State of Vagina
Decent chat? yes; we know you can do it
Perv fantasy? Not here please
For true love in your neck of the woods; click here
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/cas...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 4 min Ink 219,701
Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 11 min Brian_G 230
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 15 min dduttonnc 3,217
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 17 min swedenforever 81
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 21 min HitMan 201,376
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 31 min Brian_G 1,095
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 1 hr unionpopperjaxxx 145
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,434
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 hr The New Righteous 1 57,840
Transgender Bruce Jenner will be lesbian after ... 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 114
More from around the web