ProtectMarriage Furious Over Decision...

ProtectMarriage Furious Over Decision To Resume CA Same-Sex Marriages

There are 35 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 29, 2013, titled ProtectMarriage Furious Over Decision To Resume CA Same-Sex Marriages. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The architects of Prop 8, ProtectMarriage, expressed outrage that the appeals court decided to rescind their stay on same-sex couples getting married early.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#1 Jun 29, 2013
I vote FOR "lawlessness, throughout this case" !

:)

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#2 Jun 29, 2013
Let them complain all they want.

SCOTUS ruled that THEY HAVE NO STANDING. So it doesn't matter what they say. Whatever they say has as much relevance as a group of 3rd grade students in Kosovo.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Jun 29, 2013
I hope that every gay couple who is ready and willing to marry flood the state with bright shiny marriage licenses.

Lets drive the "protect marriage" folks over the edge with all those new, happy, marriages.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 29, 2013
MARRY NOW !!!

don't wait

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#5 Jun 29, 2013
The Appeals Court is basically rubbing salt in their wounds with this, b*tching about it is to be expected. They are telling them that they know the good Christians have another three weeks to see if they can salvage anything from their butt kicking, they just think nothing of their chances. They are going to let folk marry now, see if you can get the Supremes to stop them.

“We are all atheists”

Since: May 11

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#6 Jun 29, 2013
How many years has it been that this organization has blocked marriage in California? And they are complaining that they can't drag it out for another month? Sore losers, just like little kids. The shame in this case belongs to Protect Marriage. They need to display a little dignity in their defeat.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#7 Jun 29, 2013
Let them move to Mexico if they don't like California. Particularly to a border state there where the drug cartels active. Maybe they will like that better.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#8 Jun 29, 2013
They're just mad because they've officially become irrelevant, and that means the money inflow will quickly dry up.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#9 Jun 29, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
They're just mad because they've officially become irrelevant, and that means the money inflow will quickly dry up.
I agree.(Whew ! Bet your glad about THAT !:))

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Jun 29, 2013
I see the reverse happening inre their finances, and with their efforts redirected to another tack.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#11 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
Let them complain all they want.
SCOTUS ruled that THEY HAVE NO STANDING. So it doesn't matter what they say. Whatever they say has as much relevance as a group of 3rd grade students in Kosovo.
Lots of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#12 Jun 29, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Well, we ALL do that whenever The Obamaniac speaks.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Jun 29, 2013
I've sent them numerous taunting emails on the website!

The best determination of how significant a win this was for us is the level of squealing coming from the anti-gays.

LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#14 Jun 29, 2013
Hey, off-topic (so what), but..... the past few days I was having some trouble with the site, apparently caused by software upgrades by Topix.

Now just out of curiosity, I'm on this page with Google Chrome AND also on this page at the same time with IE, and the pages are rendered very differently.

On IE, the top bar, has 3 lines in a square on the left, "topix" "Gay/Lesbian" and my avatar and screen name on he right.

Now on he same page in Google Chrome, the top bar is upside-down, but you can flip it rightside-up, by clicking a left-arrow in a box, "topix" "Gay/Lesbian is in a smaller font and on top of one another, instead of side by side like in IE, and there is NO avatar or screen name on the right hand side like on IE.

Anyone else notice or screw around with this ?

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#15 Jun 29, 2013
I abandoned Google Chrome a long time ago -- too many teething problems. I think it's still not quite ready. Try Firefox instead -- that would be appropriate in you case, don't you think, Foxy?:)

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#16 Jun 29, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
I abandoned Google Chrome a long time ago -- too many teething problems. I think it's still not quite ready. Try Firefox instead -- that would be appropriate in you case, don't you think, Foxy?:)
No. I used FireFox a few decades ago. then went to IE 8.0 (runnin XP here), and switched to Chrome a few weeks ago. I have found that Chrome is much faster and works much better than IE 8.0 does on these pc's.

And I've used many versions of Windows over the years including 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, XP, Vista, and 7.0, and I like XP the best which is why I keep runnin it here. don't like vista (on my laptop) or 7.0
Lilith

Seattle, WA

#17 Jun 29, 2013
aaaawh what a shame protect marriage.... YOU LOST!!!!!!!!!!

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#18 Jun 29, 2013
While SCOTUS punted by only ruling on the question of standing, it's relevent to point out that Roberts ruled, as a matter of law, the anti gay marriage crowd are not harmed by allowing same-sex couples civil marriage equality. One of their main arguments is shot down.

As to lifting the stay, did they think they could present an argument that would have forced the court to maintain it?

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#19 Jun 29, 2013
DaveinMass wrote:
While SCOTUS punted by only ruling on the question of standing, it's relevent to point out that Roberts ruled, as a matter of law, the anti gay marriage crowd are not harmed by allowing same-sex couples civil marriage equality. One of their main arguments is shot down.
As to lifting the stay, did they think they could present an argument that would have forced the court to maintain it?
Since SCOTUS ruled they have no standing, which many people, including myself thought was obvious, it sens to me that this group of hateful nuts has NO legal avenues open to it at all. They are no almost as relevant to this matter as a 3rd grade class in Kosovo.

That being the case, who and why, would anybody give any money or legal support or any other resources to them ?

This group is effectively dead.

Don't you agree ?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#20 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Since SCOTUS ruled they have no standing, which many people, including myself thought was obvious, it sens to me that this group of hateful nuts has NO legal avenues open to it at all. They are no almost as relevant to this matter as a 3rd grade class in Kosovo.
That being the case, who and why, would anybody give any money or legal support or any other resources to them ?
This group is effectively dead.
Don't you agree ?
Yes. I just checked the ProtectMarriage website, they're having kittens!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min cpeter1313 53,598
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 18 min Elizabeth1912 9
News Pride in local LGBT progress: Some of Metro Van... 18 min Wondering 16
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 22 min Wondering 25
News Patrick's Cabaret settles antigay discriminatio... 26 min Wondering 7
News UK's first lesbian interfaith wedding 1 hr Gremlin 2
News CBB's Jemma Lucy talks lesbian sex in Celebrity... 1 hr Gremlin 5
FuNKY ARCHIVES 1 hr SteveO 2
40 years ago today 2 hr Edward 5
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr RiccardoFire 8,362
More from around the web