Texas School Tells Teen He Can't Wear...

Texas School Tells Teen He Can't Wear Dress to Prom

There are 63 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Texas School Tells Teen He Can't Wear Dress to Prom. In it, EDGE reports that:

A student at a Houston high school says an assistant principal told him he couldn't wear a dress to his senior prom because it violated school policy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

David Traversa

La Rioja, Argentina

#23 Feb 25, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a queer would get upset over the spelling of the word "butt".
Ashamed ..? If you're going to post here you better learn to spell our favorite words ..
Chance

Grove City, PA

#24 Feb 25, 2013
They are trying to protect that kid from himself. He looks pretty bad dressed like that.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#25 Feb 25, 2013
Chance wrote:
They are trying to protect that kid from himself. He looks pretty bad dressed like that.
I forgot that we all must stick to YOUR dress code. Sorry.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#26 Feb 25, 2013
Harry wrote:
Why would any school allow a boy to wear a dress to the prom or to school at all?
Why does any school think it has the right to tell a student what they can aware to a social event?

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#27 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>oh..... maybe a little thing called FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION?
Freedom, as a concept or a reality, doesn't exist in the anti-gay world.

Freedom, in their world, is only for straight people.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#28 Feb 25, 2013
Chance wrote:
So do you. And if your physical traits are anything like your intellect, you look profoundly ugly no matter what you're wearing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#29 Feb 25, 2013
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom, as a concept or a reality, doesn't exist in the anti-gay world.
Freedom, in their world, is only for straight people.
"You have the 'freedom' to conform to my rules and expectations"
common sense

San Antonio, TX

#30 Feb 25, 2013
start your own sexually confused school and then you can wear red dresses, yellow dresses, what ever dress you want, the girls can grow a mustache, the principal can wear a clown suit to work.
George Carlin once said we should fence off the four corner states to house the nations criminals, now that drugs are being legalized in one of them, we can replace those criminals with the gay and lesbians, you can marry each other, wear each others clothes.... but one day a year the gates open to allow the murderers, and rapists to co-mingle for population regulation.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#31 Feb 25, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a queer would get upset over the spelling of the word "butt".
By your language you admit you are prejudice against gays. How is calling a gay person what you called them any different than using the N word against a black person? And you probably think you are a respectable member of the community.

Location hidden

#32 Feb 25, 2013
common sense wrote:
start your own sexually confused school and then you can wear red dresses, yellow dresses, what ever dress you want, the girls can grow a mustache, the principal can wear a clown suit to work.
George Carlin once said we should fence off the four corner states to house the nations criminals, now that drugs are being legalized in one of them, we can replace those criminals with the gay and lesbians, you can marry each other, wear each others clothes.... but one day a year the gates open to allow the murderers, and rapists to co-mingle for population regulation.
I would hardly compare allowing equal rights to gays to murders and rapists. Why do you people always come up with the most extreme scare tactics? I hardly think that wearing dresses is going to make people start killing one another.

“THE JOURNEY OF A 1000 MILES”

BEGINS WITH JUST ONE STEP:-)

#33 Feb 25, 2013
common sense wrote:
Why don't we just fence off idiotic fundies like you and make the world a better place!!!
Ron

North Richland Hills, TX

#34 Feb 25, 2013
Looks to me like this person has some serious problems with how he sees himself, and his sexual identity.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#35 Feb 25, 2013
Harry wrote:
Why would any school allow a boy to wear a dress to the prom or to school at all?
Because he would be arrested if he was naked
barbara graham

Bentonville, AR

#36 Feb 25, 2013
You better hope those "Rednecks" don't get a hold of you!
Lance

Netherlands

#37 Feb 25, 2013
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does any school think it has the right to tell a student what they can aware to a social event?
The same reason my employer has the right to tell me I have to wear business attire to work and if I attend a work related social function I am expected to dress appropriately for that as well and not show up in shorts and flip flops.

it's really hard for me to believe you need to ask that question.
Lance

Netherlands

#38 Feb 25, 2013
Oh never mind, I forgot you're gay and expect to be allowed to do whatever makes you giddy.
Jones

Anonymous Proxy

#39 Feb 25, 2013
Lance wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason my employer has the right to tell me I have to wear business attire to work and if I attend a work related social function I am expected to dress appropriately for that as well and not show up in shorts and flip flops.
He's gay and expects to be allowed, in any and every situation, to do whatever makes him giddy.
Gays Run the World

Alpharetta, GA

#40 Feb 25, 2013
Lance wrote:
Oh never mind, I forgot you're gay and expect to be allowed to do whatever makes you giddy.
When gays take over the world we will wear uniforms so you won't forget who is boss
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-54_DrYDb1b4/TjwBKaj...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42 Feb 25, 2013
Lance wrote:
<quoted text>
A dance, even if sponsored by the school, is not an academic function where such a requirement is pertinent.
Glen

United States

#43 Feb 25, 2013
Gays Run the World wrote:
<quoted text>
When gays take over the world we will wear uniforms so you won't forget who is boss
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-54_DrYDb1b4/TjwBKaj...
You already have taken over. I see those uniforms everywhere. Usually in places most offensive to normal society. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 14 min Fundie Fatwass De... 246
News Antigay Kentucky Clerk Inadvertently Married Th... 37 min haha 6
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 1 hr Fundie Fatwass De... 311
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South 1 hr Fundie Fatwass De... 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 25,673
News Few gay, bisexual teen males being tested for HIV 1 hr Fundie Fatwass De... 37
News Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay r... 1 hr Fundie Fatwass De... 31
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 1 hr Old Kentuckin 3,033
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,105
More from around the web