St. Matthew drops plan to host Thanksgving faith service over gay marriage issuse

There are 21 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Oct 20, 2013, titled St. Matthew drops plan to host Thanksgving faith service over gay marriage issuse. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

Steav Bates-Congdon , longtime music director at St. Gabriel's Catholic Church was fired after he went to New York to marry his longtime partner, Bill Bates-Congdon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1 Oct 21, 2013
This is so typical of the Catholic Church! So grateful that they are being EXPOSED for the creeps that they are.....won't feed the homeless and hungry becuase the organist got married? Really?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#2 Oct 21, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
This is so typical of the Catholic Church! So grateful that they are being EXPOSED for the creeps that they are.....won't feed the homeless and hungry becuase the organist got married? Really?
I'm fairly certain that they won't drop their charitable work over the organist.

Relax.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fairly certain that they won't drop their charitable work over the organist.
Relax.
LOL!!!

YOU Relax!

These acts show the RCC for what it actually stands for and to the extent that it must change.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#4 Oct 21, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
YOU Relax!
These acts show the RCC for what it actually stands for and to the extent that it must change.
They must recant their beliefs?

To suit....you?
Harold

United States

#5 Oct 21, 2013
Unrepentant queers burn in hell, Catholics tell the truth!!!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#6 Oct 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fairly certain that they won't drop their charitable work over the organist.
Relax.
Better check again Dan. THEY DID!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#7 Oct 21, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Better check again Dan. THEY DID!
They with drew from hosting the interfaith service.

I didn't locate anything in the story that told me that they were ceasing any and all charitable efforts over the matter.

Can you cite that? I assume so, since you mentioned it.
Listen to the Word

Fullerton, CA

#8 Oct 21, 2013
Open and obvious sin always divides - especially churches. TEC certainly knows the results of living in open and obvious sin. The faithful flock away in droves - giving up a lot for the Truth of God's Word.
Franz

Anonymous Proxy

#9 Oct 21, 2013
Looks like the queers are ruining Thanksgiving for the poor this year.
Jubilant Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Oct 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They must recant their beliefs?
To suit....you?
If the catholics want to stay in business; they will have to update their beliefs to mesh with the realities of mother nature as of February 2011:
.
'Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are conferred during the first 12 weeks of gestation and are irreversible'
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Oct 21, 2013
Franz wrote:
Looks like the queers are ruining Thanksgiving for the poor this year.
Just because the catholic church is pouting like diaper babies does not mean you won't get dinner; sugar
.
Mecklinburg Ministries has reminded the remaining 99% of its member churches to bring food to benefit the Loaves and Fishes Ministry
.
You'll get your grub; bub
.
Tell 'em The Rainbow Kid sent you
Steers And

Blairsville, GA

#12 Oct 21, 2013
Harold wrote:
Unrepentant queers burn in hell, Catholics tell the truth!!!
Legend has it that God put it to a coin toss. Earthquakes and Out and proud gays, or Oil and Angry, closeted rump rangers.

San Francisco won the toss.

Texas is well noted for wide receivers, if you get my drift.
Judy

Angus, Canada

#13 Oct 22, 2013
March on Christians soldiers!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14 Oct 22, 2013
Jubilant Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If the catholics want to stay in business; they will have to update their beliefs to mesh with the realities of mother nature as of February 2011:

'Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are conferred during the first 12 weeks of gestation and are irreversible'
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
I have seen and listened to this before. This AMA Webcast should be required listening for ANY person who wishes to express their opinion on this issue.

"Suffer the lttle children to come to me...."

Rev. Ken
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#15 Oct 22, 2013
Religion rears it's ugly head, yet again. That being said, I will never understand why homosexuals would want to be part of a faith that is so against who they are as a human being?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#16 Oct 24, 2013
Jubilant Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If the catholics want to stay in business; they will have to update their beliefs to mesh with the realities of mother nature as of February 2011:
.
'Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are conferred during the first 12 weeks of gestation and are irreversible'
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
They don't believe that one "learns" to be gay.

That's the protestants.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17 Oct 24, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't believe that one "learns" to be gay.
That's the protestants.
LOL!!!.... Who says they are Protestants?

You mean, the Roman Catholic Church has no real homosexuals within its membership and ranks?

Or, that the only homosexuals it has are the ones who have been taught to be homosexuals?

If so, who are the teachers? The pedophile priests? Are they still actively teaching?

Man, you are looney at times!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#18 Oct 24, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Who says they are Protestants?
You mean, the Roman Catholic Church has no real homosexuals within its membership and ranks?
Or, that the only homosexuals it has are the ones who have been taught to be homosexuals?
If so, who are the teachers? The pedophile priests? Are they still actively teaching?
Man, you are looney at times!
I said that the Church doesn't teach that homosexuality is learned.

As in, does not teach.

Protestant sects teach that. Catholics don't.
celes795

Temple, TX

#19 Oct 24, 2013
That's right, Dan, the Catholic Church says we know our loving God created you to be only attracted to the same sex and that he created you with the same desire to form a family, love someone, and be loved by that same someone as heterosexuals have. However, you cannot act on this basic human need or you are going to Hell. What a loving God.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#20 Oct 25, 2013
celes795 wrote:
That's right, Dan, the Catholic Church says we know our loving God created you to be only attracted to the same sex and that he created you with the same desire to form a family, love someone, and be loved by that same someone as heterosexuals have. However, you cannot act on this basic human need or you are going to Hell. What a loving God.
The Catholic Church also knows what marriage is or isn't (to them).

They are entitled to their beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 2 min Wondering 222
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 min Le Jimbo 63
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 5 min Wondering 5,589
News What it cost Indiana to fight same-sex marriage 6 min Sick of Bigots an... 21
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 7 min Wondering 4,459
News Boy Scouts' leader speaks out on gay adults ban 12 min WeTheSheeple 67
News 5 things to know about Ireland's gay marriage r... 17 min Fa-Foxy 32
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 34 min Righteous 32
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Blackburn 33,164
More from around the web