Why I oppose gay marriage

Sep 21, 2012 | Posted by: Josh in New Orleans | Full story: www.washingtonpost.com

Full disclosure: I am gay. A few years ago, I was on the other side of the fence on this topic. But the more I read, thought, investigated and attempted to defend my position, the more I realized that I couldn’t. I feel very strongly that gay relationships should be supported by society. I have grown convinced, however, that the term “marriage” should not be altered or adjusted in any way.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of74
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

I am a little confused. It's obvious the author is full of it. Not only gay and against gay marriage but the founder of some Tea Party segment? This has bullsh!t written all over it yet its appearing in The Washington Post?

The Post just lost all of its credit.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

I googled this guy and his is NOT gay. He looks like he would be shopping at the frigging sales rack at Sears.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

fr Elle baise aux pede:

>References? Or shut the hell up! BOLOGNE! May be 1000 pipes are inside your descending colon polishing your interior hemorrhoids! LIES!<

How old ARE you, anyway? Six?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>
We got thousand of species on Earth, and that is all you can do? FK OFF! You guys are trying to invalidate a 95 % confidence of life preferring hetero coupling with the 5 % chance of being wrong!
NEVER EXTRAPOLATE FROM A SMALL SAMPLE OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE A SMALL PEDE! No wonder stupidity ends up in governmente in the US! People like you are driven by the few exceptions and small samples to guide you! I guess, humans are criminal, practice incests, are rapists, etc. given that a small percentage do commit those things!
Umm, can't wait to snuggle up with my hot husband, what a man he is! Hairy, strong, smart. The way I like 'EM!

Just think ,Cletus, the more gay guys, the less competition for you for the LADIES. You should thank me for not being on the market!

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
fkhole like you need to understand that a metabolic system can not be turn into or use for sexual acts. Period! And you will not legalize such evil behavior abusive of body functions!
Listen here, lip flapper, you need to learn proper grammar before attempting to claim you know everything, let alone anything about science.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

There can't be another union name other than marriage for gays because creating a new one would take too much time and effort. Marriage has had tweaks in the past, this is one of them. There are too many complications to creating a new system. To prove my point, how long has marriage been around for, and how many times has it been tweaked and updated? To come up with an entirely different system would take more than a few years, way more.
Doug

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

The original writer is correct. Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!

No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.

The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.

No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.

Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

<quoted text>
.Blah,Blah,Hate,Hate,ignorance , more ignorance..
END OF THE DEBATE!
Great, Just what we need on here..Another SKAT Queen.
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Doug wrote:
The original writer is correct. Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie
LOL, the Cut and Paste BS again from 'David' the AssTroll. These Topix forums are getting boring and tedious. Dude, Get some new material..PLEASE! Maybe you and 'Faux the SKAT queen' should just hook up and get it over with.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Doug wrote:
The original writer is correct. Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!
No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.
The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.
Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
DAVID MOORE is a plain old MORON for thinking we are buying his false names. When will you stop the LIES, DAVID MOORE of S. 18th Street, Pekin, Illinois? WHEN?

Lying is a sin. You will burn in hell for ETERNITY for these endless lies. Is it really worth hellfire to be able to yell at people all day?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Asshat, you said it doesn't appear frequently in one species and I provided you with proof that it does.

You need to FK OFF, or even better. Go FK YOURSELF. Idiot.
<quoted text>
We got thousand of species on Earth, and that is all you can do? FK OFF! You guys are trying to invalidate a 95 % confidence of life preferring hetero coupling with the 5 % chance of being wrong!
NEVER EXTRAPOLATE FROM A SMALL SAMPLE OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE A SMALL PEDE! No wonder stupidity ends up in governmente in the US! People like you are driven by the few exceptions and small samples to guide you! I guess, humans are criminal, practice incests, are rapists, etc. given that a small percentage do commit those things!

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

The same percentage of homosexuals are produced by heterosexuals in every generation. Much the same as in other species.
<quoted text>
WRONG! Approximately 220 thousand years ago humanity came down to only 200,000 people in Africa (the "bottleneck" event) and if any of them was gay, humanity would not have reach the critical mass or numbers to conquer the world! Go read it and stop extrapolating the decandent behavior of the greeks and romans!

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You suspect that the author of the op-ed is "false flag"?
I sure do.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

<quoted text>
fkhole like you need to understand that a metabolic system can not be turn into or use for sexual acts. Period! And you will not legalize such evil behavior abusive of body functions!
What I do with my body and/or sexually is none of your business.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
What I do with my body and/or sexually is none of your business.
Actually, what miss lunatic has forgotten is that most anal sex is performed by straight people. Also that only a third of gay people participate in anal sex. Oh, one more thing:
THE MAJORITY of people have oral sex. This is one of the "points" she brought up. It is evident that she is against oral sex because she constantly says that everyone should only participate in penile/vaginal sex.
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Sorry guys, I just don't get this gay thing, its all about sex, nothing else, pure sex, and thats sad, why get married? whats the point? many have different forms of sex without a piece of paper saying they are legally bond., if its the will thing, simply make up a will saying the "mate" is to get everything you own and they have the power of attorney to make decisions for you if you are uncapable, where is the problem with this? why is it so important to have that piece of paper?
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
What arrogance to assume knowledge of the absolute purpose of everything! I didn't know we were all in the presence of an omniscient deity here on Topix.
Even science isn't so arrogant as to presume to know the absolute purpose of everything. There are purposes and mechanisms in nature, from the most basic to the most complex, that science is humble enough to acknowledge we are just gaining a glimpse of understanding.
It's obvious you are unaware of how reproductive and excretory organs have evolved. Go to a public library or science museum and look up the anatomy of more primitive lifeforms such as fish and reptiles, and compare with birds and mammals, to see how things evolved. Learn about human anatomy and how nerve endings and pleasure receptors are distributed about the body. Check out findings about human sexual behaviour and response and prepare to have your mind blown. There's a huge amount of perfectly natural, normal, human sexual behaviour that has little or nothing to do with the "missionary position."
Once again, its all about SEX nothing else, just sad.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

George wrote:
Sorry guys, I just don't get this gay thing, its all about sex, nothing else, pure sex, and thats sad, why get married? whats the point? many have different forms of sex without a piece of paper saying they are legally bond., if its the will thing, simply make up a will saying the "mate" is to get everything you own and they have the power of attorney to make decisions for you if you are uncapable, where is the problem with this? why is it so important to have that piece of paper?
Sorry guys, I just don't get this straight thing. It's all about sex, nothing else, pure sex, and that's sad. Why get married? What's the point? Many straights have different forms of sex without a piece of paper saying they are legally bonded. If it's the will thing, simply make up a will saying the "mate" is to get everything you own and they have the power of attorney to make decisions for you if you are uncapable. Where is the problem with this? Why is it so important to have that piece of paper?
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

How do we know nature, God, science, or whatever you believe in did not intend the same sex to fornicate? simple, if all of society was gay we would be wiped off the face of the planet within 60 years, same sexes of the human race CANNOT reproduce!

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

George wrote:
Sorry guys, I just don't get this gay thing, its all about sex, nothing else, pure sex, and thats sad
Being gay is not just all about who one has sex with. If that were the case than the opposite would be true too. Being straight being all about the sex. But you know there is so much more to your sexuality than the sex but why do so many on your side of the argument always display an utter lack of empathy that you cannot see that the only difference between gays and straight is who they find sexually attractive. Everything you feel towards your wife are the same things experienced in same-sex couples.
George wrote:
why get married? whats the point?
Why would straights want to marry? All the same reasons for gays and lesbians.
George wrote:
many have different forms of sex without a piece of paper saying they are legally bond.,
But straights have the option to marry. You would deny that right to gays and lesbian couples.
George wrote:
if its the will thing, simply make up a will saying the "mate" is to get everything you own and they have the power of attorney to make decisions for you if you are uncapable, where is the problem with this?
You obviously never heard that wills of gay partners are often challenged by the 'next of kin'. Without marriage, a gay "mate" can never be a 'next of kin' and will always be second to a possible parent or sibling that the law recognizes as the gay's legal next of kin who can thwart the wishes of the deceased.

And marriage automatically gives some 1200-plus rights, benefits and yes, obligations, that can never be completely covered by going to a lawyer. And marriage gives those 1200+ rights for $50 while lawyers will charge $1000 for less protection.

Wills don't waive inheritance taxes of the home the couple shared for the surviving spouse. Having been married, the surviving spouse stays in their home paying no inheritance tax.

Medical decisions? I refer you back to the will paragraph but I will add that married spouses do not carry their marriage license around to prove to that hospital while on vacation that they are spouses. Gay and lesbian couples quickly learn to never leave home without those documents. And even with those documents there are cases where hospitals and their employees still caused problems for the couple.
George wrote:
why is it so important to have that piece of paper?
Why is it so important to heterosexuals to have that piece of paper? Every reason you come up with for heterosexuals, homosexuals have all of the same reasons. You would know this if you (and most of those on your side of the argument) had an ounce of empathy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of74
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Preferred sex of gay males only 14 min 9inchstud 0
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 15 min 9inchstud 67,623
Croatia same-sex vote: Croats strongly vote aga... (Dec '13) 2 hr sava 134
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 50,854
A Timeline of Gay Sex Through the Ages 2 hr GoldenGator 5
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,916
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,608
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••