NJ teacher resigns in wake of online ...

NJ teacher resigns in wake of online gay posts

There are 10 comments on the Courier News story from Oct 10, 2012, titled NJ teacher resigns in wake of online gay posts. In it, Courier News reports that:

School board attorney James Plosia tells The Star-Ledger the 51-year-old submitted her resignation over the summer and settlement talks are under way in a tenure case against her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier News.

John

Irwin, PA

#1 Oct 10, 2012
How sad that freedom of speech is being destroyed. How even sadder that people cannot tell the truth any more without punishment.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#2 Oct 10, 2012
John wrote:
How sad that freedom of speech is being destroyed. How even sadder that people cannot tell the truth any more without punishment.
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. As a teacher she was expected to maintain a specific level of professionalism both inside and outside the classroom, including demonstrating respect for others regardless of their gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. She failed at that miserably so should not have been surprised that there were consequences to her career as a teacher in a public school.

One other thing: calling one's opinion a "truth" does not make it valid. Didn't you know that lying (bearing false witness) is a sin according to the Christian bible?

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#3 Oct 10, 2012
P.S. She is free to say whatever she wants now that she is no longer a teacher. If she hopes to work again she should consider employment that does not expect employees to be respectful of others.
Tyger

Lexington, KY

#4 Oct 10, 2012
John wrote:
How sad that freedom of speech is being destroyed. How even sadder that people cannot tell the truth any more without punishment.
Free speech is alive and well, you can say anything you want, however you must also face the consequences of the speech.

She was wrong and you are wrong, clearly you don't have the intelligence to understand that it does not matter if you hate gay people because of religious beliefs or phony morality the fact is that when you attack people just because they are gay you encourage others to do the same. This type of speech encourages children to attack those you are different from them and leads to violence!

You can either change your mind or face the consequences, those are the options...

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#5 Oct 10, 2012
Execute her !

NEXT CASE !

(This legal stuff is easy !:))

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 10, 2012
NoQ wrote:
Wow, even though she right, she shouldn't have voiced her beliefs because she is a teacher. She should have been smarter than that.
The FACT that you AGREE with her opinion does not make her "right" nor would your disagreeing with her opinion make her "wrong". It simply means you share her opinion in this matter.

I am glad, however that you agree with the opinion that a teacher needs to be more neutral on these matters than what she displayed.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#8 Oct 10, 2012
John wrote:
How sad that freedom of speech is being destroyed. How even sadder that people cannot tell the truth any more without punishment.
Freedom of speech isn't dead.

You can say whatever you like.

But you do so understanding that there may be consequences.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#9 Oct 10, 2012
THE OBAMANIAC ! One And Done !

:)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10 Oct 10, 2012
John wrote:
How sad that freedom of speech is being destroyed. How even sadder that people cannot tell the truth any more without punishment.
Tell it to the "activist judges" on your hit list.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#11 Oct 10, 2012
NoQ wrote:
Wow, even though she right, she shouldn't have voiced her beliefs because she is a teacher. She should have been smarter than that.
Reminds me of the "activist judges" on your hit list.

What this boils down to, as many have already said, is being willing to accept responsibility for the consequences of your actions.

It's hysterical watching folks like you jump back and forth over the proverbial fence.

Also notice that she decided to resign. She wasn't fired. She quit. And now just like "luv sarah palin" you want to make her into some kind of hero.

Here's what "luv" wrote on another thread:

"" taking care of ungrateful children "

Tell me about it but this applies to all of us whether liberal or conservative.

My son's fiancee is a lib with an attitude(can't stand the b#tch), voting for your liberal messiah and this is after we paid for his college, he graduates this Dec.

He goes to Penn state and I blame myself for not pushing for Ga state. "

post # 6 on:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TFSRNTDJJ...

Here was my response (post # 17:
So basically you're telling us that as a mother you failed just like Sarah Palin in indoctrinating your child to the proper mindset.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girlfriend for a married bi-sexual (Aug '08) 2 min Pleasures feminin... 54
News Singer Greg Gould: 'I was told not to be too gay' 1 hr Marco R s Secret ... 1
News Gay Pride just 'not black enough' 1 hr Marco R s Secret ... 1
News Scientists reveal lesbians are MUCH more likely... 1 hr Marco R s Secret ... 6
News Is your child a "prehomosexual"? Forecasting ad... (Sep '10) 1 hr Dr. Q 773
News Trans woman in Halifax questions if prejudice i... 2 hr Dr. Q 6
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... 2 hr Dr. Q 4
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr Constitution 101 24,775
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr TomInElPaso 45,145
More from around the web