Gay Married Man Gets Green Card

Full story: EDGE 734
Late Friday, just two days after the US Supreme Court released their decision gutting the Defense of Marriage Act, a permanent visa, aka green card, was issued to Traian Popov, a Bulgarian man married to Florida-based club DJ Julian Marsh. Full Story

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#885 Aug 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The issue is fascism, not homosexuality
The problem is imbeciles,like yourself, who think they have the right for a free speech to this their religious mortality onto parents by debuting service to those why believe differently.

Do you know what that is Brian? It's bigotry, and you see full of it.

The court has already held three times that the owners free speech was not violated.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#886 Aug 6, 2013
I don't follow lide's use of the word 'debuting' in the post above.

How do I "see full of it"?

lides uses insult and defamation instead of reasoned argument. Should a Jewish photographer be forced to provide service for a Nazi group or an atheist florist forced to service a religious event?

Same sex marriage is bad because it's the death of freedom. Same sex marriage supporters must stop the bullies in their movement, else they will drive backlash.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#887 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I don't follow lide's use of the word 'debuting' in the post above.
How do I "see full of it"?
lides uses insult and defamation instead of reasoned argument. Should a Jewish photographer be forced to provide service for a Nazi group or an atheist florist forced to service a religious event?
Same sex marriage is bad because it's the death of freedom. Same sex marriage supporters must stop the bullies in their movement, else they will drive backlash.
I didn't know people were born Nazis. Huh. Learn something new everyday.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#889 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
lides uses insult and defamation instead of reasoned argument.
I've used plenty of reasoned arguments, until it became clear that you were either being obtuse, or were dumber than a rock. After that point, there is little point of wasting a rational argument on you, because your mental deficiency is too great to grasp basic concepts, like the constitutional guarantee of equal protection of the law for all, or that such equal protection may only be denied if doing so serves a legitimate governmental interest.
Brian_G wrote:
Should a Jewish photographer be forced to provide service for a Nazi group or an atheist florist forced to service a religious event?
I don't think this is going to be a common problem.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bad because it's the death of freedom.
How, be specific. This is exactly what I am talking about, Brian. You make statements as though they were imperial decrees that were true merely because you say they are, but that is not the case. Why can't you offer factual support of the assertions that you make? This is not a "reasoned argument" this is an utterly unfounded, and quite frankly unintelligent, assertion, nothing more.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage supporters must stop the bullies in their movement, else they will drive backlash.
You should stop advocating for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the laws, lest you look like a bigoted hypocrite.

I don't know why you hate the Constitution.
I don't know why you hate homosexuals.
I don't know why you hate intelligence.

I certainly do not know what you are going to do with your time once gay marriage is legal across the country and you don't have gay marriage topix threads to troll upon anymore.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#890 Aug 6, 2013
Broseph wrote:
I didn't know people were born Nazis. Huh. Learn something new everyday.
Same sex marriage is a choice; I choose to defend marriage as one man and one woman. We can differ, that doesn't make you a bad person.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#891 Aug 6, 2013
lides wrote:
...I don't know why you hate homosexuals....
I've always written there's nothing wrong with homosexuality or homosexuals. I don't mistake you're bizarre, novel change in marriage law with homosexuals; I oppose your political goals not your sexual orientation.

I don't need to make my opponents into haters; their words do that.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#892 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is a choice;
Any marriage is a mutually agreed upon choice (shotgun weddings, and arranged marriages aside).
Brian_G wrote:
I choose to defend marriage as one man and one woman.
Yes, I know, but you regularly fail to offer a rational defense of your position.
Brian_G wrote:
We can differ, that doesn't make you a bad person.
Advocating for fellow citizens to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law DOES make you a bad person.
Brian_G wrote:
I've always written there's nothing wrong with homosexuality or homosexuals.
And yet, you argue for them to have less than equal protection of the law. Face it Brian, you are a hater.
Brian_G wrote:
I don't mistake you're bizarre, novel change in marriage law with homosexuals; I oppose your political goals not your sexual orientation.
Sorry, Brian, my political goals are supported by the US Constitution. It's really pretty basic stuff.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." US Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 1
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amend...

Why do you hate the US Constitution?
Why do you hate equality?
Why do you hate freedom?
Brian_G wrote:
I don't need to make my opponents into haters; their words do that.
Funny, you are the one arguing for others to be treated as something less under the law. What I propose only grants people rights.

You are a bigot, and a truly hateful person.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#893 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is a choice; I choose to defend marriage as one man and one woman. We can differ, that doesn't make you a bad person.
Marriage is A CHOICE......for heterosexuals as well as Same-Sex.......and you have stated repeatedly how you would work to nullify our legal marriages......so, yes.....you are a bad person in my eyes because you want to harm something I treasure......that to me......makes you an enemy to my marriage and my family!!!
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#894 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is a choice; I choose to defend marriage as one man and one woman. We can differ, that doesn't make you a bad person.
Almost every marriage is a choice, so your point is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure that many interracial marriages were choices too. Also, pushing your stance isn't defending anything. Heterosexuals marrying each other will still happen after gays can as well. We can see that in the states, and the countries, that have gay marriage. Stop protecting a system that allows Charlie Sheen, Larry King, and Ted Bundy to get married, but not gay people that love each other. You may not be a bad person, but what you're defending is.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#895 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I don't follow lide's use of the word 'debuting' in the post above.
How do I "see full of it"?
lides uses insult and defamation instead of reasoned argument. Should a Jewish photographer be forced to provide service for a Nazi group or an atheist florist forced to service a religious event?
Same sex marriage is bad because it's the death of freedom. Same sex marriage supporters must stop the bullies in their movement, else they will drive backlash.
Nazis choose to hate. So long as they are peaceful, the law does prevent discrimination. So you are not only wrong in how the law behaves, but also equating apples to oranges. Your point is a total failure, just admit that you hate certain people.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#896 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I don't follow lide's use of the word 'debuting' in the post above.
How do I "see full of it"?
lides uses insult and defamation instead of reasoned argument. Should a Jewish photographer be forced to provide service for a Nazi group or an atheist florist forced to service a religious event?
Same sex marriage is bad because it's the death of freedom. Same sex marriage supporters must stop the bullies in their movement, else they will drive backlash.
I'd also like to add that despite the mountains of evidence that shows Nazis to be incredibly dangerous, especially in groups, they're still allowed to marry each other if they're both a man and a woman in all 50 states. This cannot be said for two men or two women. Why defend a system that promotes that happiness of Nazis, yet leaves gay people in the cold?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#897 Aug 7, 2013
Report: IRS Scrutiny Worse For Conservatives
by TAMARA KEITH
July 30, 2013 9:31 PM

House Republicans investigating IRS targeting of groups for extra scrutiny say they have proof conservatives had it worse.

A House Ways and Means Committee staff analysis of the applications of 111 conservative and progressive groups applying for tax exempt status found conservative applicants faced "more questions, more denials, more delays," says committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich.

That is, when the IRS sent groups letters asking for further information, conservative groups were asked more questions on average, three times more. All of the groups with "progressive" in their name were ultimately approved, while only 46 percent of conservative groups won approval. Others are still waiting for an answer or gave up.

Here's a chart laying out the committee's findings:

[Chart shows 100% approval of progressive group's applications.]

See the chart here:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#898 Aug 7, 2013
Reason 32 for keeping marriage one man and one woman:

The IRS

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#899 Aug 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Report: IRS Scrutiny Worse For Conservatives
What does this have to do with the topic, Troll Brian?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/irs-scr...
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/05/28/...

Quit being a sheep, and do try to keep on topic.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#900 Aug 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Reason 32 for keeping marriage one man and one woman:
The IRS
Reason #1 for allowing marriage equality, because our constitution requires it.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
US Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 1

Reason #2 for allowing marriage equality, because it takes power from mindless bigots like Brian_G, who wish to establish second class citizens wherein some citizens receive less than equal protection of the law.

Brian, you are a bigot, you are a hater, and you have no valid argument.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#901 Aug 7, 2013
The only people trying to deny "the equal protection of the laws" are same sex marriage supporters who use courts or worse, renegade justices of the peace to circumvent our law and legislative system.

Gays and lesbians have equal rights to marry; a gay may legally marry a lesbian in EVERY state. There is no orientation test for a marriage license; the issue isn't equal rights; it's special rights to rewrite marriage law for everybody.

Same sex marriage isn't a right, see the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights for proof:
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#902 Aug 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The only people trying to deny "the equal protection of the laws" are same sex marriage supporters who use courts or worse, renegade justices of the peace to circumvent our law and legislative system.
How are they denying equal protection of the law, you twit?

Be specific.

You often make assertions, you never support them with fact.
Brian_G wrote:
Gays and lesbians have equal rights to marry; a gay may legally marry a lesbian in EVERY state. There is no orientation test for a marriage license; the issue isn't equal rights; it's special rights to rewrite marriage law for everybody.
So, you advocate for sham marriages where a gay person enters into a loveless union with someone of the opposite sex, and claim that is equal protection of the law?

You are a sick puppy.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage isn't a right, see the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights for proof:
Brian, the UN does not govern US law.

Our constitution states that:
"


U.S. Constitution

main page
annotations

14th Amendment

Text
Learn more

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
US Constitution, 14th Amendment, Section 1

Could you, for once, attempt to post an argument with factual support that makes you look like slightly less of an imbecile?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#903 Aug 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The only people trying to deny "the equal protection of the laws" are same sex marriage supporters who use courts or worse, renegade justices of the peace to circumvent our law and legislative system.
Gays and lesbians have equal rights to marry; a gay may legally marry a lesbian in EVERY state. There is no orientation test for a marriage license; the issue isn't equal rights; it's special rights to rewrite marriage law for everybody.
Same sex marriage isn't a right, see the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights for proof:
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/
So much for that theory.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/17/un-g...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#905 Aug 7, 2013
Same sex marriage is like the voluntary racial segregationist; they propose removing laws defining marriage as gender integrated and diverse.

Let's take a look at what the Universal Declaration of Human Rights says about marriage, pay close attention to section (3):

Article 16.

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.

(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Marriage per the UN is men and women, not women and women or men and men.

Reason 35 for keeping marriage male/female: Family, "the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State."

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#906 Aug 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is like the voluntary racial segregationist; they propose removing laws defining marriage as gender integrated and diverse.
Let's take a look at what the Universal Declaration of Human Rights says about marriage, pay close attention to section (3):
Article 16.
(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.
Marriage per the UN is men and women, not women and women or men and men.
Reason 35 for keeping marriage male/female: Family, "the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State."
No Brian, it's not. And it is a disingenuous liar that claims that it is.

It's also a disingenuous liar who cites the UN when they have recently made significant moves in favor of equal rights for homosexuals.

You are truly a bigoted and hateful individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Lesbians, one Gay man elected to Belfast Ci... 18 min rock white 26
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 25 min Wondering 106
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 48 min Wondering 290
Why Don't Golem Post No More? (May '13) 1 hr Belle Sexton 8
Cops Outnumber Marchers in Belgrade Gay Pride P... 1 hr Belle Sexton 21
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 1 hr Belle Sexton 132
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 1 hr Speedieg 1
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 8 hr BARTHOLOMEW 2,248

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE